Blast From The Past

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xiumin woke to the ringing of his alarm clock earlier than a human should be forced to wake up on a Saturday morning. He stretches out and smiles to himself, I wonder how Kris reacted he thinks. Tao is such a different person when he is outside of school, Xiumin continues to converse with himself as he climbs out of bed and changes into a pair of shorts and a loose shirt, I wonder why he acts like such a jerk at school, I wonder what would all his cronies think if they saw the real him.

Xiumin wakes up his family and then makes his way down the stairs towards the kitchen. He sets the water on the stove top to boil, while waiting he decides to send a wake up text to Sehun.

Wake up and eat something filling for breakfast (something like oatmeal). You’re going to need it. –Xiumin

Setting his phone down on the counter, Xiumin walks over to the now boiling pot to pour the oats in when he hears his phone vibrate. Checking to make sure the water won’t boil over Xiumin checks his phone.

Why so early… Uggggg, I don’t want to go. Do I need to bring a ball or anything? –Sehun

Xiumin smiles reading Sehun’s text receiving a little bit of pleasure from the boy’s displeasure of being up so early.

No, I’ve got everything we will need, Just come ready to work. –Xiumin

Scoping the now complete oats out into individual bowls for his family members, Xiumin thinks to himself, Sehun better read that message closely and understand what I’m trying to tell him.

“Morning Minnie” Xiumin’s youngest sister says wrapping him in a big hug. “I missed you last night, did you get lots of good pictures?”

“I missed you to” he says kissing his sisters head, “I got really good pictures though so it was worth it.”

“Good” she says smiling up at him and then grabbing a bowl for herself.

Xiumin grabs his own bowl and sits down to eat. Slowly his family trickles downstairs and each become consumed with their own bowl of oatmeal. Xiumin stands and rinses out his bowl before going back up the stairs to brush his teeth. Afterwards he makes his way to his closet and rummages around looking for his cleats. “Awha” he yells pulling out the shoes victoriously. He smiles down at the shoes and remembers all the happy memories that these shoes have been a part of supplying to him. Before he can get too happy however, he sees the box occupying the back corner of his closet, a box that causes the mood in the room to turn bitter rapidly. How can two things be so similar, but symbolize two totally different times in my life, he asks to himself.

~Flashback~

“I’m really worried about tryouts Min” Luhan said from beside him as they walk to his parent’s school after their dismissal. “Are you sure I should even try?”

“We already discussed this Lu, no backing out okay?” Xiumin says patting his best friend on the back, “How are you going to be the best soccer player the world has ever seen if you just play in secret all the time?”

“Your right, of course you are” Luhan says smiling over to Xiumin. “Plus I’m not terribly nervous knowing that you will be there too.” Xiumin feels a weird wave of guilt fill him, I should tell him the truth, he thinks. “I would never be able to tryout if I were by myself” Luhan says. There, right there is why you can’t tell him the truth, he argues with himself, he needs to tryout so just it up.

“I brought my cleats we can practice on the field at your parent’s work right?” Luhan asks.

“Of course Lu, I have my cleats in my mom’s room” Xiumin says smiling back at his best friend.

“I love your cleats” Luhan says slapping his hands together, “When I become a world famous soccer player the first thing I am going to spend my money on is a pair of cleats just like yours” Luhan closes his eyes.

“Are you imagining yourself with my cleats” Xiumin laughs at his best friend’s uniqueness.

“Shhhh” Luhan demands, “You’re ruining the moment” he says opening one eye to glare at Xiumin jokingly.

“Let me make you a deal” Xiumin says, “When you finish tryouts, and make the team, like I know you are going to, I will buy you an identical pair of cleats. How does that sound?” Xiumin asks.

“Oh my gosh” Luhan squeals and jumps up and down several times, “You are the best Xiu, I have no reason not to knock the socks off of the coach at tryout now, my cleats hang in the balance” Luhan says wrapping Xiumin in a big hug

~End Flashback~

“Xiumin we are going to be late, hurry up” his mother yelled from the stairwell.

“Coming” Xiumin hollered in response. He slammed his closet closed and raced down the stairs, grabbing his phone on the way out to the car.

Upon walking into the gym, Xiumin was relieved to find the soccer field empty. Perfect, Xiumin thinks to himself as he walks back over to the counter. “Excuses me may I please have a soccer ball and four cones please” Xiumin said in his sweetest voice to the lady behind the counter.

“Of course sweetheart” the woman said as she stood up to retrieve the items that Xiumin had asked for. Xiumin handed the lady his gym card, in return, he is handed the items that he need to help Sehun practice.

“Thank you very much ma’am” Xiumin says smiling to the woman as he walks away. Setting up the cones so nobody will take his place on the field, Xiumin sits at a bench near the door putting his cleats on and waiting for Sehun. Xiumin watches Sehun approach the door and leans over to tie his shoe. I’ll force him to make conversation first, Xiumin thinks to himself, chuckling a little on the inside thinking about how uncomfortable Sehun is going to be.

“Ummm, Hi Xiumin” Sehun says. Xiumin looks up and watches as Sehun runs a hand nervously across the back of his neck before giving a sharp nod. “This place is really nice” Sehun says looking around.

“Yeah” Xiumin comments, “Are you ready?” Xiumin asks, not waiting for a reply before he stands up and walks towards the soccer field. He smiles inwardly as he hears the sound of the boy rushing to catch up with him. “First you’re going to have to put

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter