You Can Tell Me Anything

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol jumped out of his bed on the first ring of his alarm and raced into his closet to find something to wear. He pulled on a black shirt and a pair of jeans before rushing into the bathroom and brushing all of his hair down, trying to erase the flaws that the previous night’s sleep had caused. Satisfied he walked back into his room and decided against wearing a hat, Baekhyun might like my hair today, he thinks smiling to himself as he walks towards the kitchen. Chanyeol nearly trips over his own two feet as he walks into the kitchen and finds his mother sitting at the table slowly drinking a cup of tea.

“Good Morning son” she says smoothly. Smiling up at Chanyeol she adds, “So where are you running off to so early in the morning these days?” Chanyeol took a deep breath as he walks towards the cabinet and grabs himself a bowl. While pouring himself some cereal he decides to tell his mother a partial truth.

“Well the school rappers, you know Kris and I, we are going to try teaming up with the school singing trio at some competitions so we need extra practice. One of the members lives around here, so we walk to school together.” Chanyeol says calmly shrugging his shoulder afterwards to play it off as no big deal.

“Oh who’s the lucky lady” his mother says jokingly.

“Well it’s actually a guy, his name is Baekhyun and he can really sing mom, I mean you have got to hear him sing” Chanyeol said he could feel his heart flutter at the mere mention of Baekhyun’s name. Playing over what he had just said inside his head he looked up to see his mother with a somewhat shocked expression on her face. She quickly composed her expression however so Chanyeol couldn’t be completely sure what his mother was thinking.

“Well then I look forward to your upcoming competitions even more son” she said smiling over at Chanyeol, “This Baekhyun fellow better be as good as you say” she says jokingly in Chanyeol’s direction. Nothing I say about Baekhyun will ever do him justice, Chanyeol thinks to himself as he finishes off his cereal, he is too wonderful for words. Wow, another voice thinks inside his head, you are so cheesy Chanyeol.

“I’m going to go brush my teeth and then I’ll be off I love you mom” Chanyeol says as he walks his bowl to the sink. On his way back to his bathroom he gives his mother a small kiss on the top of her head.

After brushing his teeth, checking on his hair several times, grabbing his phone and his backpack, Chanyeol made his way back towards the front of the house, “Tell everyone to have a good day for me, please mom” he said as he walked past her and gave her a small wave.

“I will” she said returning the wave, “Have a great time with Baekhyun.”

Chanyeol shut his front door and practically ran the three blocks in the opposite direction of the school, where Baekhyun lived. Baekhyun is waiting for me, he kept chanting in his head as he made his way down the different streets. Once he rounded the last street corner he slowed down not seeing Baekhyun anywhere.  He decided to take a seat at a small table at an outdoor café. He began strumming his finger on the table creating the rhythm of one of his favorite songs. He softly began to rap along with the tempo.

“Wow, you are good” A soft voice muttered snapping him out of his own little world.

“Baekhyun” Chanyeol shouted jumping out of his chair causing it to fly backwards scratching against the pavement, “Sorry” he said blushing at the chaos he had just caused.

“You didn’t have to stop” Baekhyun said looking down at his toes, “I was enjoying listening to you” he muttered.

He was enjoying it what oh my gosh, okay stay calm, don’t freak him out, he ordered himself. “I really want to hug you Baek, but I respect your boundaries so I won’t until you are ready. Are you ready to get a move on?” Chanyeol asked looking down smiling at the beautiful shorter boy in front of him.

“Yeah let’s get going” Baekhyun said. His cheeks are such a deep scarlet, Chanyeol thought to himself, he shouldn’t feel embarrassed.

“How was your week end?” Chanyeol asked after a few minutes of walking in silence.

“Not that good, but I don’t really want to talk about it” Baekhyun said refusing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter