I'm Sorry.

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Uggg the second day of school, joy, Chen thinks sarcastically to himself as he climbs the steps to the main door. He moves down the hall and his mentally singing a song to himself when out of the blue his friend D.O. yells a greeting to him.

“Hey Chen” D.O yells. Chen pulls his head out of his locker to see his friend leaning against the locker next to Chens’.

“What in the world, why would you do that?” Chen asks, clutching at his heart, thank goodness I didn’t scream, he would have never let me live that down, Chen thinks to himself. “Are you trying to kill me D.O?”

“No, I would never do anything to scare you” D.O. replies, his voice dripping with sarcasm, “why would you say such a thing.” Oh great, that stupid face, Chen thinks to himself as he gazes at D.O.

“Stop with your creeper face dude” Chen says as he closes his locker. “I’m going to homeroom, you coming?”

“Yeah I’m coming, wait up.” D.O. says as he follows Chen.

He better be nice to Xiumin today, I’ll have to give him a piece of my mind if he doesn’t, Chen converses with himself. Yeah right, a rude voice replies to his previous words, like you would ever even stand up to D.O. that’s why you don’t deserve him and you never will.

With a battle of words raging in his head Chen walks straight into homeroom and unknowingly takes a seat in front of said boy, causing the war in his head. Chen is swiftly taken out of his inner battle when he hears the beautifully musical voice of Xiumin speaking behind him.

“Can I have my hat back?” he asks politely. I don’t have his hat, Chen thinks stupidly to himself until he hears the voice that replies to his question.

“Only if you move out of my seat nerd” he hears D.O. sneer out. Great, Chen says inside his head, you had to choose a seat next to Xiumin, this is the second day in a row you idiot he is going to think you are doing it on purpose, he yells at himself.

“There are plenty of other seats can’t you go over to one of them?” Chen hears Xiumin ask. Wishful thinking my friend, Chen adds to the conversation inside of his head. Don’t give him a reason to be even more evil to you Xiu, he silently pleads.

“Oh well you see… I want that seat because you already warmed it up for me now get up and move” Chen hears D.O. command. He’s probably standing all strong trying to make himself look scary, Chen thinks, just let it go Xiumin get up please.

Chen hears a commotion coming from behind him which he guesses is Xiumin rising from his seat and D.O. moving into it.

“Can I have my hat now?” he hears Xiumin ask. Oh so D.O. has his hat duh, Chen thinks putting the pieces together.

“I was thinking, because you took so long that I would just keep it so, no.” he hears D.O. say. “Here Chen I got you a new hat” Chen feels the pressure on Xiumin’s hat tapping against his shoulder. Think, think, Chen orders himself, clenching his hands into fists at his sides.

“Give it back to him D.O.” Chen says aloud hoping his voice doesn’t sound too demanding so D.O. will still think he is in charge. “He is such a nerd he must have a head that is much too large for any of us to share a hat with.” Chen says. I’m sorry Xiumin, I’m really sorry, he adds in his head.

“Fine here have your stupid hat back” D.O. says, Chen watches as D.O. flings the hat across the room Chen wishes he had the courage to stand up and pick up the hat for Xiumin, show him how much he truly cares, but he knows he probably never will be able to.

Chen looks down with guilt written all over his face as Xiumin glares down at him before he walks way to retrieve his hat. I’m sorry, Chen wishes he could say.

Chen sits at his desk wallowing in self-pity when he hears the principal mentioning soccer team try outs and he is hit with a memory from his first day at this high school.

~Flashback~

Stay cool Chen just be yourself, Chen repeated the advice from his mother over and over again as he sat alone in his homeroom. His leg was jiggling like crazy there were so many nerves running threw his body, he had to make friends or this school year would be just as bad as last year, just at a new school. As Chen repeated his mantra over and over his head a beautiful boy walked into the room with one of the truest smiles stretched across his face. The nerves that had been attacking him moments ago were slowly put at ease and replaced with a smile, this boy’s smile was just so contagious. I have to get to know him, Chen thought to himself as the boy walked across the front of the classroom and by some grace took the seat next to him.

Clearing his throat and leaning towards the boy introduced himself. “Hey I’m Chen” he voiced aloud. Oh smooth move Chen, when have you ever said hey in your life, he scolded himself as he extended his hand for the smaller boy to shake. Who even shakes hands anymore, Chen, gosh nothing like ruining all your chances with this guy, he thought as the guy looked at him smile never faltering.

“Xiumin, nice to meet you” he said joining their hands. The feeling of their hands joined together sent some electricity straight to Chen’s heart. Say something, he yelled at himself.

“You as well, I was nervous that I would be all alone with nobody cool in here, but I was mistaken” Chen said smiling back at Xiumin, who continued to smile. You are so hopeless, he scolded himself again.

Just then the loud speaker came on and interrupted any further conversation between the two. The principal rambled on and mentioned upcoming soccer tryouts. Chen couldn’t help but notice how Xiumin’s whole face lite up at the mention of soccer.

“Are you a soccer player?” Chen leans over and questions the boy as the principal continues to speak.

“Well I enjoy playing soccer, my best friend Luhan is great at it” Xiumin said smiling as he replied to Chen’s question. Wow, that smile is beautiful, Chen thinks to himself.

“You guys should tryout then” Chen says.

“Maybe” Xiumin says shrugging his shoulder “Do you play” he asks.

“Me? No actually I’m a singer” Chen says, feeling his cheeks heat up slightly, kids at his old school for being a singer, among other things, but he was amazed at how easily he had mentioned it to Xiumin.

“Wow, really? That is soooo awesome, you’ll have to sing for me some time” Xiumin says smiling at Chen and then turning his attention back to the front of the room. Chen can’t help the image that pop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter