Can I Sit Here?

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two more days, Xiumin reminded himself as he waited at the other end of the hallway for Tao and the other wushu guys to finish whatever they were doing near his locker. Just two more days till your secret is out, he thinks looking over at Tao as he says something that causes all the other guys to cackle and fist bump each other.

Once they all walk away, thankfully in the other direction then where Xiumin is standing, he makes his way over to his locker and trades out some things he will need for his morning classes with some things he only will need after lunch. He closes his locker with a snap and walks into his homeroom class. He allows himself to let his guard down as he lays his head on the flat surface of his desk in the empty classroom. Please let today be a less eventful day then yesterday, he pleads as he takes his seat and thinks back on the events of the day prior.

~Flashback~

“Darn it” Xiumin whispers to himself in the loud cafeteria as his orange rolls off the table. He leans down to grab it off the floor and when he sits up he can feel his eyes widen at the sight before himself.

“Uh, hey Xiumin” Suho says with an awkward wave. Xiumin’s eyes are instantly drawn to the deep purple bruise on the other boys check bone.

“W…W” Xiumin starts before clearing his throat, “What are you doing here” he asks, taking in more of Suho’s battered and bruised face.

“Well I didn’t want to fall behind so I couldn’t really stay home” Suho answered with a small shrug of his shoulders. Xiumin can’t help but shake his head.

“No, no, why are you here” Xiumin says waving his hand at the space in front of him with one hand. “Why are you sitting here, with me” he adds when he sees Suho raise his eyebrows in confusion.

“Ohhh” Suho says with a small chuckle before wincing and bringing a hand up to cover one of the numerous bruises on his face. “Lay wouldn’t let me cook lunch today so he is buying us both lunch, he didn’t want me to sit by myself so I thought I would sit here” Suho says before his eyes widen, “I don’t have to sit here if you don’t want me too” he says standing up quickly. “How could I have been so stupid, you can’t be seen with me I’ll just make you a target too” Suho says grabbing his bag and backing up in a rush.

“No, no, I don’t mind being seen with you silly. I’m just not really used to anyone sitting here, with me” Xiumin says surprised to feel relief as Suho awkwardly takes a seat for a second time.

“If you’re sure” Suho whispers as he pulls his bag into his lap. A weird silence falls over the two and Xiumin distracts himself with eating his peanut butter sandwich as they both wait for Lay to make his way to the table from the lunch line.

“The very annoying girl in front of me grabbed the last salad so grabbed you this yogurt parfait, I hope it will be okay, I’m sorry babe” Lay says as he places a tray in front of Suho before taking his own seat right beside the other.

“Thank you Lay, it looks delicious” Suho says with a small smile that causes yet another wince from the bruised boy.

“Do you think you’ll be able to eat” Lay asks and Xiumin can’t help himself as he watches Lay carefully thumb over one of the bruises on the other boys face.

“This will probably be easier than a salad” Suho whispers as he captures the others hand in his own and plants a kiss onto his palm. Xiumin feels a strange emotion erupt inside of him as he watches the exchange before him. His mind plays the scene from several nights ago of Chen whipping his hand gingerly under Xiumin’s cheek to capture falling tears. The warmth the memory provides only seems to make the feeling worse.

“Thank you for letting us sit here with you Xiumin” Lay says, “Oh, I’m Lay by the way” he says. Xiumin watches Lay whip his hands with a napkin and extend a hand out to Xiumin himself. “I am really grateful for everything you and Chen did for Suho yesterday, I am in your debt” Lay says as he releases the other hand.

“No, no” Xiumin says waving his hands in front of his chest, “You should really be thanking Chen not me, I didn’t do anything courageous” Xiumin says grabbing his water bottle.

“Well thank you none the less” Lay says, “I can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter