Gathering Information

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as the last bell rang Xiumin shot up from his desk and made a beeline for South building. I hope I get something good on Tao, Xiumin thinks to himself as he races towards the shady trees that Kris described in his love letter. Xiumin walks into the grassy area and finds a spot that is particularly shady, a spot where someone like Xiumin can become invisible. Standing in the darkest spot, Xiumin unlocks his phone and adjusts the screen brightness so that he can capture a moment if he needs to.

“Kris” Xiumin hears a sharp whisper slice through the silence that was surrounding him prior. He nearly lets out a scream when he realizes that he is all alone with Tao. I should leave, he thinks to himself, what if he finds me I will be so dead. Xiumin watches Tao as he lets out a breath and takes a seat on the grass. What is even more shocking is how Tao just sits there humming to himself as he runs his fingers through the grass, patiently waiting for Kris to appear. I never would have thought of Tao being this soft, Xiumin thinks to himself.

“Tao” Xiumin hears another whisper this time deeper nearly causing Xiumin to drop his phone in surprise.

The girly squeal that escapes Tao’s lips actually causes Xiumin to drop his phone in shock. Xiumin bends down to grab his phone, inspecting the phone and seeing no damage, he looks over at the couple. He holds his hand to his chest as he tries to keep his breath even as he takes in the screen in front of him. Tao has his legs and arms wrapped around Kris and they are both smiling at each other.

“Thanks for coming Tao” Kris whispers to the boy in a deep voice. Gross, Xiumin think to himself, I think I’m going to get sick watching them be all lovey-dovey.

“You were late” Tao says with a slight pout on his face. How can he go from school bully to a little softy in the blink of an eye, Xiumin wonders to himself.

“I’m sorry TaoTao I got held up in my last class, I’m very glad that you waited for me though.” Kris says as he leans his forehead against the boy's wrapped around him.

“I forgive you” Tao said softly placing a kiss on Kris’s nose, before standing back on his own two feet. “I’ve got to get to practice” Tao muttered looking down at his shoes. Darn it, Xiumin scolds himself for not taking a picture of the two of them wrapped together.

“Before you leave I have something I need to tell you” Kris said as he grabs both of Tao’s hands.

“Are you going to break up with me” Tao whispers really softly staring at his shoes. Xiumin notices how Tao’s face changes to the one that he is familiar with running into at his locker. “Did you call me back here just to humiliate me Kris?” Tao says in a dark voice.

“No, no Taozi, sorry I scared you” Kris says wrapping his hands around the boy tightly. He pulls away and grabs both of his hands in his own “I got us tickets to that show you wanted to see in the park tomorrow night silly.” Kris says.

Xiumin lifts his phone and captures the moment when Tao realizes what Kris was talking about.

“Oh my gosh that’s great, thank you Kris” Tao says smiling, “Don’t ever scare me like that again though” he says play slapping his chest and then hugging his tightly. “Will I get a letter again tomorrow?” he questions as he turns around.

“You’ll just have to wait and see my dear” he says before walking away as well. Xiumin releases a breath he didn’t realize he was holding. What have I just witnessed, Xiumin questions himself, as he walks away.

Xiumin walks past the soccer field as he thinks over the events he just witnessed. He sees a ball sitting near the bleachers, looking around and seeing nobody around Xiumin grabs the ball and heads onto the field. I don’t think I should send this picture to either of them, Xiumin thinks to himself as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter