Thank You

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I meant what I said back there. You do anything to hurt him physically or mentally you better hope that you can run fast.” Kris instructs as Xiumin finds himself following the other down the hall. When they reach room 24F, Kris turns around blocking Xiumin from entering, “I mean it, a single tear falls from his eyes and you’ll regret it” Kris says and Xiumin has to take a deep breath to keep himself from crying as he meets Kris’s stern gaze. Xiumin nervously watches as Kris twists the handle on the door. “Taozi, I’m back love” Kris said in such a sweet voice that Xiumin was shocked that it had even come from the other. Xiumin watches the other walk through the door, but can’t get his feet to move into the room.

“D..Did you bring him” Tao’s voice comes into the hallway from the still open door. Xiumin looks up to see Kris popping his head through the doorway and beckoning Xiumin into the hospital room with his hand. It’s time to come clean, Xiumin thinks as he takes a deep breath before walking over the threshold of the small room.

Once inside he hears the beeping of several machines and looks over to see a few plugged into Tao. It could be worse, at least he is awake, Xiumin thinks as he takes count of the wires running from Tao’s arm and chest to various machines. He wouldn’t be in here at all if it weren’t for you, an inner voice scolds causing Xiumin to look down at his toes.

“I’ll holler if I need anything” Xiumin heard Tao say and looked up to see Kris plant a kiss on each of Tao’s check before walking to the door. The threatening look Kris through his direction didn't go unnoticed by Xiumin as Kris walked past him.

“I’ll be right outside, I love you Taozi” Kris said before shutting the door with a small click. A silence fell over the room only to be further accented with each beep the machines still attached to Tao would make.

“I want to thank you” Tao’s voice fills the room and Xiumin looks over at the boy propped up on the hospital bed in shock. “It would be easier for me to do this if you were sitting down” Tao says lifting his hand connected to the IV and pointing to the empty chair beside his bed.

“Oh..Um…Right” Xiumin mumbles out as he walks over to the chair. You can’t accept his thanks, you are the reason he is here, his inner voice says sternly. Maybe he only remembers me saving him and Kris hasn’t told him that I am to blame yet maybe I should try to make a break for it now, a scared inner voice suggests.

“Don’t look so scared, I’m not going to hurt you.” Tao says with a small laugh, “even if I wanted to I don’t think the doctors would be very happy if I did, so will you just relax and let me talk” Tao asked and as the silence stretched again Xiumin realized he was waiting fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter