I’m fabulous

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol walks Baekhyun to his locker and stands watch noticing a couple side gazes still lingering on them from their entrance. He was surprised that Baekhyun had held on to his hand once they walked through the school gate but was even more surprised when he grabbed back on once he had gotten what he needed from his backpack.

“Baek, people are looking” Chanyeol said looking down at the other. He noticed how Baekhyun’s shoulders stiffened and his palms started to sweat a little as the words came out of his own mouth.

“I’m sorry” Baekhyun whispers before pulling his hand away from the others. Chanyeol watches as Baekhyun speed walks towards the boy’s bathroom. Chanyeol feels his heart drop to his toes and heads in the direction Baekhyun had just retreated to. When he approaches the door he hears the bell for class to start but doesn’t pay any attention to it.

Once inside a new noise causes his heart to shatter. He walks over to the one stall that his closed and gently knocks on the door. “Baek, love, why are you crying?” Chanyeol asked to the closed door. “Don’t cry please” Chanyeol pleaded as the sobbing continued.

“Are…are…are you e..e…embarrassed to be seen with me” Baekhyun’s voice asked weakly through the door.

“NO!” Chanyeol shouted quickly without having to think it out.

“W..w..why did..didn’t you want people to see us together then” Baekhyun asked.

“I didn’t want you to be embarrassed to be seen with me” Chanyeol admits. He is relieved when he hears the slide of the lock. He is saddened by the redness he sees around Baekhyun’s eyes but is relieved to see his face at all.

“Nothingaboutyoucouldembarrassme” Baekhyun says quickly. Chanyeol feels the muscles between his eyebrows furrow in confusion as he tries to make sense of the words Baekhyun had just spewed out. The words make sense just as Chanyeol sees the red blush taint Baekhyun’s cheeks.

“Oh really” Chanyeol says tauntingly, “Nothing huh”.

“Be quiet” Baekhyun says as he pushes up against Chanyeol to make his way to the sink. “My teacher is going to be mad at me” he mutters under his breath and Chanyeol can’t keep the smile from his face.

“I’ll walk you” Chanyeol offers holding out his arm like a gentleman from some older movie. He smiles wider as he hears Baekhyun’s sweet laugh.

“Thank you kind sir” Baekhyun replies cheekily as he loops his arm onto the extended one.

Chanyeol walks Baekhyun to his homeroom and squeezes his hand for a moment before letting it go. “I’ll be here when the bell rings” Chanyeol says leaning forward and gazing at Baekhyun’s lips for a second too long before planting a soft kiss on the boy’s soft forehead and walking away.

Stupid, stupid, you gazed too long he totally knows you want a kiss now; Chanyeol scolds himself on his walk to the door three down from Baekhyun’s class. Remember what mom said, don’t push him, he is dealing with a lot right now, he reminds himself as he pulls the door open and apologizes to his teacher before taking his seat.

The rest of the day continues in the same manner. Chanyeol picks Baekhyun up outside his homeroom and walks hand in hand with him to his next classroom. Once they arrive outside the door of Baekhyun’s next class Chanyeol would squeeze the hand he held within his own before releasing it and leaning in to plant a quick kiss on Baekhyun’s forehead. Each time he would catch himself staring at Baekhyun’s sweet lips but shaking the idea off, reminding himself to respect Baekhyun’s need to come to terms with the new boundaries or lack thereof.

“Glad you two love birds could join us” Chen says teasingly when Baekhyun and Chanyeol walk into the practice room after school. Chanyeol feels Baekhyun tense up slightly and look down at the floor.

“Do you have a problem with it” Chanyeol asks defensively, glaring over to lock eyes with D.O. although it was Chen that had been joking around.

“If you can still rap and Baekhyun can still sing I have no problem with it” D.O. says with a shrug of his shoulders, “Just don’t get too mushy gushy in front of me, you can in front of Kris though, right Kris” D.O. asked playfully as the other walked through the door.

“Yeah, sure, whatever, let’s get this show on the road, I have plans I want to see through” Kris said as he collapsed onto the couch grumpily.

“Yeah, I have plans too” D.O. admitted, “If Baekhyun and Chanyeol promise to practice their duet and Chen promises to practice his solo we can postpone the group rehearsal practice until tomorrow”.

“Okay who are you and what have you done with my friend D.O.” Chen asks as he laid a hand on the other boy’s forehead. Chanyeol couldn’t suppress his laugh as the other boy slapped his hand away and sent a death glare in Chen’s direction. “Oh good you’re back for a moment there I thought Kai had turned you into a big softy” Chen said before letting out a scream as D.O. stood up and walked towards the other. Chanyeol laughed really loud at that.

“Thanks D.O. see you tomorrow Chen” Baekhyun called out and Chanyeol felt his arm being pulled. He looked over and met eyes with Kris, something he had been doing all day, to see a small smile. “I’m going to run to the restroom, will you call your mom” Baekhyun asked.

“Alright I’ll meet back up with you in the front of the school” Chanyeol promised leaning in and kissing Baekhyun on the forehead. He pulled out his phone as he walked to the front door of the school. After tapping on his mom’s number, then he held his phone up to his ear as the phone rang.

“Hey sweetie, are you all ready for some shopping” Chanyeol’s mother’s voice comes through the phone.

“I can’t wait” Chanyeol says sarcastically into the phone.

“I know you don’t like shopping love, but remember you are doing this for Baekhyun” Chanyeol’s mother says reassuringly.

“I know” Chanyeol sighs into his phone.

“I’ll be at your school in five, tell Baekhyun 'hi' for me” she said before ending the call. Chanyeol shook his head as he put his phone back in his pocket.

“I’m happy for you Chanyeol” a deep voice says behind him. Chanyeol turned around to see Kris walking from the front door of the school.

“Umm thanks” Chanyeol said in confusion.

“Hopefully one day I can walk around with my special someone just like you did with Baekhyun today” Kris says with a shrug of his shoulders.

“What do you mean your 'special someone', I thought you were single dude” Chanyeol says somewhat shocked with his friend’s confe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter