Ask Him.

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun walked over to the locker room for his soccer practice before lunch. As he was changing and waiting for the coach to come in and lecture the team, Sehun thought back to the night before.

~Flashback~

“I’m guessing that’s not your mom asking if you are ready to be picked up since you are smiling like a love struck puppy over there” Xiumin’s teasing voice broke into his thoughts.

“No, it’s not my mom” Sehun lsaid ooking over at the smaller boy who was rubbing a towel over his wet hair. “It’s actually Luhan” he admitted.

“Oh really” Xiumin asks. Sehun watches as Xiumin drops his gaze down to his shoe and reties a fine looking shoe.

“Yeah, we are going to play a one on one game tomorrow” Sehun continues to talk while he gingerly swipes a q-tip in his ear.

“That should be really good for you Sehun, you can put all the things we have been working on to use. If you can beat Lu, then your team will surly crush all the other opposites this season.” Xiumin says grabbing his bag out of the locker room at the gym.

“Yeah, but we have practice before lunch everyday if I show him how much I have been improving, with your help, the last couples of days, he will come up with a completely new scheme when we are supposed to play after school.” Sehun kind of whined to Xiumin as he also grabbed his bag and slung it on his shoulder.

“If you want to beet Lu after school when you play him one on one then I suggest that during your practice tomorrow you observe the way he plays. Lu is a marvelous, smart player you can learn a lot just by watching him.” Xiumin said as the two boys walked towards the front of the gym. For someone who is no longer his best friend he sure talks highly about him, Sehun thinks to himself.

“Why are you and Luhan no longer friends?” Sehun couldn’t help but voice aloud. He watched as Xiumin froze in the small path leading to the front desk and let out a small breath.

“Unfortunately I think that question is one you have to ask him. All I can tell you is that it was a combination of many things that when added together spelt out the demise of our relationship.” Xiumin said, Sehun saw a sad twinkle in Xiumin’s eyes as they both continued up to the front of the gym. Sehun saw Xiumin’s family waiting for him, a small hand on his shoulder brought his gaze back to the smaller boy at his side. “Luhan is used to winning, there are not that many people that play better then him, especially at the high school level. Lu has been used to being really good for a long time, but he does have a weakness.” Xiumin said lifting his hand off of Sehun’s shoulder. “Good luck” he said giving a small smile and wave.

Sehun watches the smaller boy scurry over to his awaiting family as thoughts of tomorrow’s game begin to form in his mind.

~End of Flashback~

“Are you ready for our match today, Sehun?” Luhan’s voice brings Sehun back to the present.

“I was just psyching myself up” Sehun replies as he smiles at Luhan. He can’t help the way that his heart speeds up, his eyes look over Luhan’s face.

“If you’re scared, I’ll make sure there is a mercy rule enforced so that if I am crushing you by too much we can call it quits.” Luhan says, flashing an arrogant smile. So full of himself, Sehun thinks with a wider smile.

“Do you really think so lowly of me?” Sehun mock hurt on his face as he grabs at his heart. “Don’t dismiss me too quickly Luhan” Sehun adds before leaning over to tie the laces on his cleats

“I couldn’t imagine dismissing you Sehun, I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings” he adds at the end in almost a whisper. Sehun looked up from the cleat he was tying to a sight that nearly made his heart stop completely.

“Don’t worry Luhan” Sehun quickly stated, “I was just joking, I am really excited about our game” Sehun said, flashing him one of his brightest smiles. The look Luan flashes back nearly made Sehun’s heart stop for a completely different reason.

“Alright ladies” the coach yelled as he entered the locker room.

“I’ve got to go get changed” Luhan says, a startled look on his face, “We’re still having lunch together right?” Luhan asks.

“Of course” Sehun says watching Luhan retreat to his locker.

“Tryouts are in two days, I have decided that all team members will be there and trying out along with all the new kids interested in joining.” The coach yells over the many complaints filling the locker room. “For todays practice” the coach yells louder, “You can work on whatever you feel like, just remember” he paused as a hush fell over the room, “Your spot is not guaranteed” he added dauntingly before turning to leave. Dread filled Sehun over the words the coach had just uttered. I’m not going to be able to stay with Luhan, he is going to think I am such a failure, Sehun thinks to himself. Dad is going to just love this, he didn’t want you to be a part of this team to begin with, Sehun thinks bitterly.

“Don’t look so worried Sehun, you’re going to make the team, I know it” Luhan’s soft voice filtered into his ears and chasing away his fears. Sehun feels soft fingers caress against his own hands that he had unknowingly clenched at his sides. “Let’s go practice, so that you can show me how great you are after school” Luhan says. Sehun watches as Luhan walks towards the door and then turns back flashing Sehun a small wink with a smirk on his face he adds, “Your good Sehun, but not better than me” before jogging away laughing.

Sehun felt a smile spreading on his face as the echoes of Luhan’s laugh filter through the locker room. Just wait and see Luhan, Sehun thinks to himself as he walked towards the door that would lead him to the field, Xiumin has been teaching me a few things. Images of impressing Luhan with his amazing skills filtered through his brain lightening his mood and allowing him to walk onto the field with a large smile on his face.

Sehun’s gaze swept across the field and all the people stretching out or running about and stopped on the familiar figure of Luhan. Before he could move his gaze away from Luhan’s stretching figure, the boy turned his face towards him and gave a small wave.

Sehun couldn’t help the small blush that covered his cheeks, Great, now he thinks you are some stalker or something, he scolds himself as he swiftly retreats towards the sidelines to grab a ball.

While running up and down the sidelines, dribbling the ball between his legs to warm them up a bit, he kept a partial gaze on what Luhan was doing, Xiumin’s words from the night before repeating themselves. Sehun watched as Luhan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter