Admit it!

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris heaved his backpack strap up onto his shoulder as he locked the front door of his house. Walking towards school he felt the familiar vibration of a new text message. Half expecting it to be from Chanyeol, Kris was surprised seeing Tao’s screenname appear on his phone.

I’m sorry! –KungFuPanda

Reading the text causes the events from the day before to come crashing to the forefront of Kris’s brain as he continues his walk to school.

Flashback

“Were the hell have you been Chen” D.O.’s voice hollers causing Kris to pause his conversation with Chanyeol to see what is causing all the commotion.

“I got held up” Chen replies and Kris gives him a quick once over. The first thing Kris notices is the boy Chen is holding hands with, but then he spots a gnarly looking bruise forming on Chen’s face.

“Wow, what happened to your face” he can’t help but blurt out. For some reason he fears he already knows the answer.

“The wushu guys were beating up Suho then I stepped in and got this” Chen says. Kris watches Chen shrug his shoulders as if it is no big deal. The wushu guys, Kris thinks confirming the feeling of dread building in his stomach, Suho, he wonders.

“Wait, you said the wushu guys were beating up Suho, the guy that dancer was admitting his love for at lunch” Kris asks. There is no way Tao would hurt someone like Suho because they are similar, Kris thinks to himself internally laughing at the silly notion. “Were all the wushu guys there” Kris asks softly, just to be sure, he soothes himself.

 “Yeah, I was lucky enough to get this shiner here courtesy of Tao himself” Chen says with a small chuckle. Tao did this, he thinks in panic. Why would he do this, he wonders in shock. There must be a really good reason, he assures himself. A slamming door pulls him from his thoughts and he looks up to find D.O. gone.

“I, uh, I’ll be right back, I have to go make a phone call” Kris says pointing at the door.

“Make it quick bro” Chanyeol says, “that little guy looks like he is ready for blood” he adds with one of his signature laughs.

Once in the hallway, Kris pulls out his phone and scrolls through his recent calls until he finds Tao’s number. The first call rings until he reaches Tao’s voicemail. Instead of leaving a message he hangs up and tries again. Again Kris gets Tao’s voicemail and calls again.

“What” Tao answers sharply, on the fourth ring of the third call.

“Why did you do it Taozi” Kris asks keeping his voice calm.

“Do what Kris” Tao asks defensively.

“Oh you know what I mean Tao” Kris says only to be meet with silence from Tao’s side of the conversation. “Why did you hurt them” he asks softly.

“They deserved it” Tao says.

“Can you even hear yourself right now” Kris asks finally losing the little patience he had. “Why did they deserve it Tao, because they are gay, well news flash dear, so are you. The three of you are the same” Kris scolds into his phone.

“We aren’t the same” Tao replies sharply.

“KRIS hang up that phone call and get your in here now” D.O. yells.

“I don’t think I can listen to you right now” Kris whispers into his phone.

“That’s fine with me” Tao says, “It’s not like I have to explain myself to you anyway” he yells before his line goes dead. Did he really just hang up on me, Kris wonders staring down at his phone in shock.

“KRIS” D.O.’s voice shouts from inside the room again.

“Gosh I’m here” he says entering the room. Before walking over to the rest of the group he gives his phone one last look then tosses it onto the couch not really wanting to be near it at the moment.

End of Flashback

Kris comes back to the present when his phone vibrates again.

I can explain everything please don’t be mad at me anymore! –KungFuPanda

Kris stares at his phone blankly before he spots Chanyeol’s figure up ahead sparking an idea within his mind. He runs to catch up with Chanyeol to put his plan into action. “Hey bro” he calls out as he places his arm over the other’s shoulders. “Since today is just a practice between the two of us without the singers, would it be okay if we blew it off for today, I have somethings I have to do” he asks quickly.

“That’s fine” Chanyeol says a little distantly.

“Thanks dude I owe you one” Kris says giving Chanyeol a soft punch in the upper arm before he hurries away. Once out of Chanyeol’s direct line of sight he pulls out his phone and replies to Tao’s messages.

I’ll meet you in the usual spot after school. -<3Kris<3

Not even a full minute later Tao’ response causes another vibration.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I’ll be there, I promise! –KungFuPanda

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter