Free at Last.

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was riding his bicycle down the street, each second he stayed upright without even a tiny sway made him prouder and he could help but glance over at his front step. Sitting there with one of the widest and proudest smiles was his mother.

“You’re doing great Baekie” she calls before clapping her hands together. Suddenly the front wheel runs over a small pebble sending the handle bars into a chaotic dance before Baekhyun goes flying to the ground, scratching up his knees in the process. “Baekie” his mother’s voice calls before he feels her warm hands on his arms. “You’re okay baby, mommy’s right here” she says pulling him into her arms. “Let’s get you inside” she says, pulling the limping crying Baekhyun up and into the kitchen.

“I..I..I’m sorry mommy” Baekhyun whimpers out as his mom folds up his pant legs.

“Oh don’t apologize Baekie” she says with a little chuckle before moving towards the cupboard for the Peroxide bottle.

“Aren’t you mad at me though mommy, aren’t you disappointed” Baekhyun asks.

“Everyone falls down, Baekie, it’s the way you get back up that matters” she says kissing his face as the Peroxide fizzes and starts to burn, “I will never be disappointed in you Baekhyun, you need to always remember that” she said before placing band aids on each of his freshly cleaned knees, before standing up to her full height.

“Mommy” Baekhyun calls out with his hands risen for a hug. No matter how many times he calls for her he doesn’t get a response. “Mommy” he calls out again as the woman starts to fade before his eyes. Don’t go, he pleads in his mind, I need you please don’t leave me, he thinks. “Mommy” he shouts again, but this time to complete darkness.

Baekhyun wakes up being startled. It was just a dream, he reassures himself as he closes his eyes and tries to even out his breathing. Was it all just a dream, he wonders hopefully as he cracks his eyes open again. His eyes take in the sight of countless hats all over the room, apparently not, he thinks slightly crestfallen as he sits up in the large bed. I wonder where Chanyeol slept, he thinks getting to his feet and walking towards the sound of voices.

After climbing down the stairs, he spots Chanyeol and his mother in the kitchen talking over breakfast. Baekhyun takes in the scene and notices the amount of sunlight streaming through the kitchen window, how long did I sleep, he wonders to himself.

Baekhyun begins to walk to the kitchen when he trips and has to do an awkward dance to remain upright. Looking down he realizes that the pants he is wearing are way too long to be his own, he feels his face heat up at the thought of someone else changing his pants.

“Good morning Baekhyun, why don’t you come join us for some breakfast” Chanyeol’s mother’s voice calls, pulling his from his thoughts, “I wasn’t sure when you were going to be joining us, Mr. Sleeping Beauty, so I put some of the extras in the fridge it’ll just take a second for me to warm them up” she says with a bright smile.

“I’m sorry” Baekhyun whispers as the kindness Chanyeol’s mother shows towards him makes the guilt he feels inside himself boil over. “I’m sorry for being such an inconvenience” he says as the tears start to cascade down his face.

“Shhhh, no Baek don’t cry you’re not an inconvenience” Chanyeol’s deep voice says soothingly before his arms capture him in a hug.

“I’m sorry I stole your bed” Baekhyun says.

“Hey I don’t mind, you seemed like you needed it more than me. To be honest I wanted to lay beside you but mom wouldn’t let me” Chanyeol says with a laugh. Baekhyun felt small circles on his back as Chanyeol rubbed his back.

“I’m sorry I made you come get me last night, I’m sorry I ignored your phone calls and texts, I’m sorry I broke up with you” Baekhyun lets his words flow, “I didn’t know what else to do Chanyeol, I really am so very sorry” he admits looping his arms behind the talkers head and burrowing his head into the others chest.

“I’m not mad at you Baekhyun” Chanyeol said softly, “I already forgave you for everything Baek, so stop crying, come and eat and then we can talk okay” Chanyeol says calmly. Baekhyun lets his hands fall from the others neck and meets eyes with the other before giving a small nod.

Walking back to the kitchen, Baekhyun captured Chanyeol’s hand in his own.

“Baekhyun, I wasn’t sure what you would like so if there is something else you would like just let me know okay sweetie” Chanyeol’s mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter