Getting Us Back!

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol walked down the hallway with a huge smile on his face, most people would say that he looked like his same happy smile, but nobody knew that the reason the he was over the moon with happiness, today was because of Baekhyun. This morning Chanyeol had woken up earlier than the rest of his family on purpose. He flew out of the house with a note to his parents explaining that he had an early morning practice left on the counter. The first couple minutes he walked it started to rain, I better grab an umbrella, what if Baek doesn’t have one, what if he gets wet and then sick? I have to go back, his mind rambled as he turned around and ran back to his house. With the umbrella now tucked safely under his arm, saving it for Baekhyun, he walked back to the spot he had meet up with Baekhyun the day before. When Chanyeol saw Baekhyun, he had to take a few deep breaths to calm down his breathing and heart, Baekhyun had a strange effect on Chanyeol, one that he wasn’t upset about one bit.

“Here we can’t let you get wet” Chanyeol said as he opened the umbrella and held it above the boy who made his heart race.

“Chanyeol, thank you, I was considering going back to get one, but I didn’t want to miss you” he said blushing at the last words to flow from his mouth. “Aren’t you going to get all wet though” he said noticing that Chanyeol was not under as well.

“Well yesterday you said I couldn’t walk too close to you, so here I am” Chanyeol said shrugging his shoulder, hoping to prove the point that he didn’t mind. I don’t care if I get wet, Baek, Chanyeol thought to himself as long as I am next to you I’m warm. Wow good thing you thought that in your head you giant, you would have scared him away, he scolded himself.

“I don’t mind, people will just think we are two regular friends sharing an umbrella on a rainy day” Baekhyun said snapping Chanyeol out of his own thoughts.

“You sure Baek” Chanyeol asked sincerely not making a move closer to the smaller boy without all of his permission.

“Yes, now get under here before I change my mind” Baekhyun said motioning for Chanyeol to get closer.

Not having to be told twice to get closer to Baekhyun, Chanyeol lifted the umbrella higher allowing him to stand under it. “Thanks Baek” he said as he gently rubbed his hand down the younger boys arm before placing it back in his front pocket. He noticed the small smile grace Baekhyun’s face before he worked hard to hide it, making Chanyeol’s heart still beat faster. Calm down or you’re going to have a heart attack and never be able to see him again, he scolded himself internally.

“Chanyeol how is your plan coming? Have you made any progress?” Baekhyun asked so softly that Chanyeol almost didn’t catch it.

“Don’ worry Baek I won’t break my promise. My plan will work, and then we will walk to school like this every day” Chanyeol said smiling down at the smaller boy “well without the umbrella obviously, because that would just be weird, I mean unless you want to walk to school every day under an umbrella then I’m cool with it” Chanyeol said rambling, the beautiful sound of Baekhyun’s laughter filled his ears and he finally stopped talking to look down at him.

“I know what you mean, I would really like that” Baekhyun said smiling, Chanyeol watched, out of the corner of his eye, as Baekhyun’s hand came millimeters away from his own hand before Baekhyun quickly jerked it back into his pocket. “Why would you think that I would want to walk every day to school under an umbrella?” Baekhyun asked, changing the subject and laughing again.

“I don’t know, you have really fine skin, I wouldn’t want you to get burnt, I think I’d even walk under the most hideous rainbow colored umbrella with you, if you wanted me to.” Chanyeol said. Stupid, stupid, shut your pie hole, he scolded himself. He was relieved when his comment just made Baekhyun laugh harder.

The school approached much sooner than Chanyeol wished it would, but he had to separate from Baekhyun much to his demise. “Keep it” he said handing the handle of the umbrella to Baekhyun “If it’s still raining after school you’ll need it, my mom or dad will come get me if it’s still raining.” Chanyeol said honestly his breath hitched in his chest for the split second that their fingers touched. Chanyeol thought of all the times over the summer when Baekhyun wouldn’t have second thought holding Chanyeol’s hand and all the times that Chanyeol had been able to wrap his arms around the little guy, but this was the real world now and Chanyeol had to respect Baekhyun’s wishes. I’ve got to get us back to normal, Chanyeol thought as he walked away from Baekhyun pretending that the smaller meant nothing to him was honestly too hard.

Chanyeol walked into the cafeteria after the longest morning of his life and immediately gazed over at the table where Baekhyun usually sat, he smiled to himself as he watched Baekhyun conversing with his friend Chen. Chanyeol enjoyed his lunch for a while until he felt a buzz in his pocket. He quickly pulled out his phone and smiled down at it expecting to read a message from Baekhyun. Instead he saw a picture of he and Baekhyun from this morning.

I wonder…. What did this look like to passerby’s..?? –Unknown

Chanyeol nearly through his phone across the room disgusted that someone would send such a message. Should I tell Beakhyun, Chanyeol thought to himself. No you shouldn’t, it will scare him away from you, a scared voice reasoned inside of his mind. He deserves to know though, this is about both of us, we are in this together, a strong voice reasoned. I’ll tell him right after school, he stated.

As he continued with his lunch Chanyeol can’t help but to feel as if someone is staring at him and he feels as if his head is going to snap off, he keeps twisting it to look around the room so much. He nearly jumps out of his skin when he feels his phone vibrate from his pocket again.

Do you think I’m fat? –THEvoice

Chanyeol has to hold in a laugh as he glances over Baekhyun’s message.

NO!!! Your perfect –GentleGiant

Chanyeol quickly replies and goes back to inspecting the room again.

D.O. said I am fat. :( Are you lying to me? –THEvoice

Chanyeol feels a little bit of an anger flush through him as he sees the frowning face. How dare he, Chanyeol thinks shooting daggers at the back of D.O.’s head from across the room.

I could never lie to you Baek. You're beautiful –GentleGiant

I wish I could wrap him up in a giant hug and remove all his doubt, Chanyeol thinks to himself longing to touch and comfort of Baekhyun.

Thanks. –THEvoice.

Letting out a sigh Chanyeol placed his phone back in his pocket. I really need to put my plan into action, I will start after school, Chanyeol assured himself as he rose from his seat next to Kris to make his way to his next class.

 Get through this class and you get to see Baekhyun again, he chanted to himself the entire class period. When the bell sounded after what felt like an eternity, he rose from his desk and speed down the hall to his next class. I wish I could sit next to Baek, he thought to himself as he collapsed in the desk he had sat in yesterday. As he sat with his face glued to the door waiting for Baekhyun to walk in ,Suho walked past and sat behind him.

“Who are you waiting so eagerly for Chanye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter