Where is my suit?

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m going to make a break for it. I hope you can meet up with me in our greenhouse. -ArrogantDancingBoy

D.O. looked up from his phone and spotted Kai standing up from his lunch table. There are so many people, his inner voice thought in worry. He watches as Kai walks across the cafeteria and stops in the doorway closest to D.O., raising his eyebrow slightly in question. Can I manage to get out of here, D.O. thinks, probably not, he concludes. I want to go though, his inner voice complains and before he can stop himself D.O. lifts up three fingers and runs them through his hair. The small smile that plays its way across Kai’s face does not go unnoticed. With Kai’s smile as motivation D.O. starts to clean up his area.

“Hey D.O. I have a question” Chen says behind him. Ugggg, D.O. moans internally.

“What” he utters aloud in response to Chen instead.

“Well it’s about our upcoming show” Chen says looking down at his food.

“Okay then we can talk about it after school” D.O. says, trying to escape the conversation he knows is coming by standing up.

“Well it’s important to me, I kind of want to get it off my chest now” Chen voices.

“Fine” D.O. sighs as he sits back down with as much noise as he can muster. I’m going to be late to see Kai now, his inner voice complains with a pout. “Hurry up and say what you need to say Chen” he rudely prompts Chen to continue.

“Ohh, okay” Chen starts a little bit flustered, “well, is there any way that I could sing the solo at this competition and you could sing the one next time?” he quickly gets out.

“No” D.O. says quickly. Because what if Kai could come see me sing, I want him to be blown away by my voice not yours Chen, he finishes in his head.

“D.O. will you please just think about it” Chen asks.

“Sure, but I already know I’m not going to change my mind” D.O. says standing up from the table again, “I have heard you sing this song plenty of times Chen and trust me, you’re not as good at singing it as you think you are” he says before leaving.

I’m sorry Chen, D.O. thinks to himself as he walks away, that was really mean and not true at all, your voice is amazing, but I need this, he apologizes internally. Chen would have understood if you told him the truth, an inner voice reasons. Like I’ll ever tell Chen the truth, D.O. thinks, I don’t need his pity when Kai realizes that I am not worth his time anymore, he thinks bitterly.

Once he turns the doorknob of the green house, such thoughts fly away when his eyes land on Kai. He is meet with warm arms around him when he closes the door and steps fully into the room.

“I wasn’t sure you were going to be able to make it” Kai mutters against D.O.’s head. He is filled with warmth as he feels Kai press a small kiss against the top of his head.

“A couple things held me up” D.O. admits sinking into the warmth that Kai provides. They stand in each other’s embrace for a few minutes before Kai pulls slightly.

“D.O. I have something that I want to discuss with you” he says moving away and sitting down at the bench. D.O. watches Kai tap the empty spot on the bench next to himself with nerves racing through his body. Has he decided to side with my grandma, D.O. wonders in panic, is my trust misplaced. “I’m the one that should be scared right now my dear, not you” Kai says with a small chuckle as he taps the bench again.

“Why do you need to be nervous” D.O. wonders aloud as he takes a seat.

“I need to ask you a question. I am really nervous about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter