There Goes My A

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xiumin woke up with the ring of his alarm clock, thankfully that it was finally Friday. It’s so weird I’ve only gone to school for four days, since school started on a Tuesday, yet it feels like I’ve been there for at least a month, Xiumin thinks to himself as he stretches in his bed. Why are my legs so tight, he wonders as he steps out of his bed and walks the short distance to his sisters’ room. Suddenly the flashback of playing soccer at school caused it to come back to him.  Sehun asked for my help, Xiumin remembers, still not sure on how to reply to his request.

“Time to get up sleepy heads” Xiumin singsongs in his sisters’ doorway as he flips the light switch on. He hears a couple mumbles and groans, “Today’s Friday” he reminds as he walks away towards his parents room. After repeating the process there he heads downstairs. While he waits for the water to start to boil, he grabs his phone from the charger and reads the text that he received last night.

I got your number out of Luhan’s phone earlier. (Please don’t tell him) Seeing you play made me realize that I need your help. I need your help to become a better goalie and keep my spot on the team. I know I’ve been a jerk to you, but I need your help, it’ll be our secret though. No one can know that you are helping me. Think about it please. –Sehun

He reads it a couple times. The old Xiumin would have been jumping for joy to hear from Sehun, or anyone on the soccer team for that matter, if it meant that he would have a chance to become even a small part of Luhan’s life. The new Xiumin was jaded he had finally let the hurt fill his heart so much that he could only feel resentment for Luhan. The boy he had once cared so much about had turned his back on him, he didn’t try his best to stop it or prevent it he knew that now, but neither had Luhan, for that they were both at fault.

 With a big sigh, Xiumin placed his phone back on the counter and finished cooking the oatmeal for his family, he started his parents’ coffee, and cleaned some blueberries. He ate quickly and climbed back up the stairs to get changed and clean his face, while his family made their way to the table. Once he finished getting dressed and fixing his hair he opened up his laptop and sat on the corner of his bed. He slowly looks for shows being performed in the park, any park, that night. He finds three different events at three different parks nearby the school all starting at different times. Think Xiumin what else did he say, unable to recall any more information Xiumin slams his laptop closed feeling defeated. I can’t go to three different events tonight it will be hard enough to find those two freaks at one place with a bunch of people, but going to three different places, I could totally miss them and never realize. Pay attention today, he orders himself as he heads to the restroom to brush his teeth.

“Xiumin” he hears his mother yelling from downstairs, “Your phone is ringing.” Xiumin looks at himself in the mirror, and laugh at how shocked his face looks, nobody calls him. He races down the stairs and grabs it before he missed the call it doesn’t even check who the call is from as he brings it up towards his ear.

“Hello” he says like a question into his phone.

“Yeah umm, hey Xiumin, this is Sehun” the voice pauses, Xiumin doesn’t make a sound so the boy on the other end continues, “Ummm, well I’m the boy who stole your hat the other day.” He clarifies.

“Yeah I know who you are” Xiumin says kind of rudely as he walks back up the stairs so his parents wouldn't eavesdrop on his conversation with Sehun. “Why are you calling me?”

“Well ummm.. I sent you a text last night, maybe you didn’t get it” the boy says.

“I got it” Xiumin says cutting him off.

“Ohhh” the boy says pausing again before continuing, “Well will you help me?”

Xiumin thinks long and hard and finally caves, “Yes” he says flatly.

“Wow okay awesome, thanks, ummm can we start today?” the boy asks.

“I’m really busy after school today, but tomorrow morning my sister has basketball and my parents have a spin class, at the gym where they do it.  There is a soccer field, can you make it their tomorrow morning at seven?” Xiumin asks, a small part of him hoping that Sehun will change his mind.

“That sounds great, thanks again Xiumin, and remember it’s a secret.”

“Yep” Xiumin says.

After givi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter