When He's Ready!

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The alarm clock roars and Chanyeol reaches his hand out from under his covers to slam down on the snooze button for a fifth time. “There is no point” he whispers curling deeper into the covers.

“Chan” his mother’s voice comes from the hallway followed by a soft knock on his bedroom door.

“Go away” Chanyeol whispers in the safety of his blanket nest.

“Chan, you have to get up. You are going to be late for school” his mother’s voice fills the room. Chanyeol feels layers being removed from on top of him.

“I can’t go. I can’t see him without wanting to hold him and beg that he tell me what’s wrong” Chanyeol says meeting his mother’s eyes.

“I know it’s hard sweetie, but Baekhyun will talk to you when he is ready” she says pulling the curtains open in Chanyeol’s room.

“How mom? He won’t answer my calls or texts.” Chanyeol says.

“Trust me when he is ready he will tell you” she says, moving to the closet. “Do you want to wear a red shirt or green shirt today” she asks.

“Green I guess” Chanyeol says pulling off the remaining covers and getting to his feet.

“I expect you downstairs for breakfast in five minutes” his mother says giving him a small peck on the cheek.

After changing his pajamas out for school clothes, Chanyeol walked to his phone which was connected to the wall charger. Maybe he texted or called me back while I was asleep, Chanyeol thinks internally, hope suddenly overflowing inside him. However when his phone lite up with just the date and time he felt the ache in his chest double. Even though he knows it will bring no comfort to the ache he feels Chanyeol opens up the last text Baekhyun had sent him and rereads it.

Chanyeol, today was one of the best days of my life. Unfortunately, I don’t think that we are meant to be. You are too great a person to have me holding you back. In all the ways that this saying is tacky it is nothing but the truth, it’s not you, in any possible way shape or form, but entirely me. I can no longer claim you as mine. –THEvoice

He can’t help the tears that fall and wipes them away angrily before making his way from his room.

After a quiet breakfast, Chanyeol climbed into the back seat of the car while his mother drove him to school. At some point during the drive, Chanyeol looked at the empty seats beside himself and imaged Baekhyun sitting there smiling like he had been just a few days prior.

“I know it’s hard right now babe but it will get better soon. Maybe you will have a chance to talk about it with him today” His mother says looking at him in the rear view mirror as the car comes to a stop in front of the school.

“I wish” Chanyeol whispers, giving his mom a small wave, as a memory from the day before comes to the front of his mind.

~Flashback~

“He went to the bathroom over by the 60 lockers” Chen says and Chanyeol feels his heart fill with hope.

“Thank you” Chanyeol whispers before turning towards the nearest door.

“We have practice after school” he hears D.O. yell after him, but doesn’t give a reply. He rapidly speeds down the hallways, tripping over his own two feet more than once, as he makes his way to the restrooms Chen told him he would be able to find Baekhyun in. He takes one big gulp outside of the door to the boy’s restroom before pushing it open. Stepping through the door he feels as if his heart is being squeezed once his eyes fall upon Baekhyun. Baekhyun who is clenching onto the sink as tears fall down his beautiful face.

“Please don’t cry Baekhyun” Chanyeol whispers taking a few quick steps to the shaking boy.

“W..w…wh..what a..are y..you doing he..here Chan..Chanyeol” Baekhyun’s broken voice asks.

“I needed to see you Baek. I need to know why you did what you did. I can work harder on anything you ask Baekhyun just please, please tell me” He pleads.

“I need you to work harder on staying away from me Chanyeol” Baekhyun says. Chanyeol watches in shock as Baekhyun wraps his arms tightly around himself, as if giving himself a hug, keeping himself together. “I’m no good for you Chanyeol” Baekhyun says as more tears stream from his eyes, “You deserve so much more then what I have to offer you” he adds.

“I’ll take whatever you can give me Baek, having only a little of you in my life is better than having none.” Chanyeol confesse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter