Why change?

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally, thank goodness, Xiumin practically screams out loud when he hears the final bell ring. He sits in his desk tying the strap that Baekhyun mangled so that he could at least wear it the couple blocks he had to walk.

Putting one foot in front of the other Xiumin sets a steady pace and pulls out his head phones. Once he has music playing he continues his walk peering down at the pictures he managed to take during his lunch break. As he looks at them each individually outside of the events he witnessed at lunch he realizes something. With only one person in each photo he can’t prove anything.

They’ll just laugh in your face again Xiumin, he scolds himself. There has got to be a better way to get more incriminating photos, photos that will force them to take you seriously, he continues his thoughts as he reaches the front gates of the school his parents work at and his sisters attend. That was quick, he thinks as he pulls out his ear buds and opens the door to the front office.

“Ohhh Xiumin look how big you’ve gotten” the sweet grandmotherly woman calls to him as he walks inside.

“Hello Mrs. Porter, how are you this afternoon.” Xiumin asks gladly accepting the hug Mrs. Porter offers him.

“Better now sweet heart.” She says smiling at him. “I’ll see you soon okay? Stay out of trouble now.” She concludes going back to her paperwork.

“Of course ma’am” he says smiling as he turns towards the door regular visitors would not be allowed into. Passing through the staff lounge Xiumin crosses a small grass area towards his mom’s room. He takes a deep breath a steps into the room where thirty pairs of eyes turn to stare at him.

“Oh hello son” my mom calls from the front “why don’t you come up here so I can introduce you?” Xiumin slowly makes his way to the front of the room. “Everyone” his mother says calling the attention back to herself “this is my son, the one I was telling you about earlier, he goes to high school, and he will be here often to help us at the end of the day can we all say hi?”

Xiumin faces the little kids smiling as the chorus “hi” and “hello”. “Hello everyone I look forward to helping you this year”. His mother gives him a small nod and he takes this as his queue to walk to the back of the room. He sets his backpack down and takes a seat watching as his mother calls everyone’s attention back to the lesson they were covering.

“Xiumin can you come help Soonyi she has been having a little trouble today” His mother asks sweetly, but Xiumin understands that this is not really an offer, not something he can turn down, this is a demand, something that his mother expects from him. He gives a quick nod. “Soonyi sweetie will you raise your hand so that Xiumin can come help you?”

Xiumin makes his way towards the little girl who is shyly raising her hand. “Hello Soonyi, I’m Xiumin you have a very pretty name” he says sweetly to the little girl.

“You too” she says looking up at him. She has puffy red marks around her eyes, like she had been crying. “My big brother goes to high school too” she says smiling at him. “I miss him” she sniffs like she is going to start to cry again. No, no, no, Xiumin silently begs the girl in his mind, mom will kill me.

“I bet he missed you today too, let’s get this done so that you can go see him again and show him all the hard work you did, okay?” He asks the little girl hoping to distract her.

“Yeah that sounds good, can you help me?” Soonyi asks staring up at Xiumin.

“Of course” he says smiling back as he takes a knee at the edge of her desk and helps her finish the page all the kids are working on. Pretty soon his mother says that it is time to pack up and Xiumin stands next to the cubbies helping the kids put their papers into their folders and tie loss shoe laces.

When all of the kids are outside Xiumin’s mother walks over to him “thank you for helping Soonyi she has been crying on and off all day she really missed her family, can you go make sure your little sister is coming this way?”

“Su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter