Beanie Day

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tuesday morning the alarm clock went off too early in Xiumin’s opinion. He stretched his arm over his head and presses the snooze button. Making breakfast will be a pain in such a rush, but I just need these extra nine minutes, Xiumin reasoned with himself as he snuggled back into his blankets. When the alarm clock rang again Xiumin let out a sigh the few extra minutes feeling more like a couple hours. Darn it, Xiumin thinks to himself as he pulls the curtains away to reveal a cloudless sky, I was hoping it would still be raining.

Xiumin quickly grabs a pair of pants, he then opens his closet and pulls on the first shirt and sweater he can find. Afterwards, he makes his way down the hall over to his sisters’ room and flicks on the light, “It stopped raining but it is still going to be chilly, dress a little warm” Xiumin said to the two moving bundles of blankets. He then made his way into his parents’ room, “Good morning” he said in a lively voice as he turns on their light.

Once down the stairs he sets a large pot on the stove. As he waits for it to reach a boil he walks over to his phone. What if he didn’t text, a small voice asks inside his head. Chen said he would send the picture, why would he lie, another voice pipes in. Stealing a quick glance at the screen once unlocking it, Xiumin lets out a breath he didn’t even realize he was holding. *One new message* he reads smiling. Tapping open his messages Xiumin finds the message he was hoping for.

We kicked that projects !! Just have to show the class what we did now. (Our English class not your mom’s class) You probably already knew that though. Uggg I’m going to sleep now. Stay warm it’s raining like crazy, Good night Xiu. –Chen

Not understanding the butterflies threatening to escape his stomach, Xiumin quickly places his phone back on the counter, smile plastered on his face as he pours the oats into the now boiling pot of water. How does he still have this effect on me, Xiumin wonders to himself as he stirs the mush in the pot. When the oatmeal is complete, he scoops it evenly into all of the bowls for his family members, and after he turns ont the coffee maker for his parents.

He took his bowl to the table and slowly ate his breakfast as his family slowly filtered down the stairs.

“Good morning son” his father says when he takes the seat across from him. “Do you have any plans for today after school?”

“I’m not really sure dad, I’m actually supposed to meet with the lady in charge of the newspaper today so I’ll text you and let you know if anything comes up” Xiumin said rising from his seat and placing his bowl in the sink. “We have to get going soon” he voices to his father before walking from the room.

Upstairs in his bathroom, Xiumin washed his face and brushed his teeth. “Ugg” he sighs staring at his reflection, guess it’s a beanie day, he thinks to himself. Going through a drawer in his closet Xiumin let out a soft giggle as a flashback overcame him.

~Flashback~

“Na eureureong eureureong eureureong dae, Na eureureong eureureong eureureong dae” Xiumin’s phone rang loudly from the bedside table. Xiumin raced over from his closet to answer his phone.

“Hello my darling Luhan, how are you this morning?” Xiumin sing songed into the phone.

“Xiumin oh thank goodness you answered” Luhan’s voice shrieked through Xiumin’s phone.

“Of course” Xiumin replies, “Lower your voice a little Lu and tell me what’s wrong” he instructed.

“Okay, right, so you know that outfit we found at the mall yesterday” Luhan questions.

“Well yeah, you spent about an hour deciding whether or not to buy it and once you finally bought it you considered returning it not one or two times, but three times Lu. What about it?” Xiumin questions.

“Well I have it on, and you were right it looks awesome” Luhan’s voice comes clearly through the phone.

“Told you so” Xiumin says with a smile plastered on his face.

“But Xiiiiiuuuu” Luhan whines, “we didn’t factor in my hair, it won’t work, it won’t do anything I want it to.” He continued to whine.

“Well I guess it’s a beanie day Lu, you look great in beanies so it really works out as a win-win you have a great outfit and will have a great beanie to boot.” Xiumin said.

“Are you sure?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter