Hello Anonymous

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Slam” was the noise D.O. heard, signaling the obvious departure of his grandmother, pulling him from his slumber. Sitting up on his couch he stretched out his back, familiar with the tightness a night on the couch brought on my now. Turning on the water of the shower to a scalding temperature, D.O. tried to wash the remaining tightness from his shoulders, but all it did was allow his memories of the night before to seep back to the forefront of his mind.

~Flashback~

“Remember any time you need to you come over to my house you are always welcome” Kai said in his silky voice that sent shivers throughout D.O.’s body. D.O. watched as Kai leaned forward and kissed top of D.O.’s head before separating from the hug. The warmth D.O. lost once Kai pulled away was shocking, how do you know that he means all the says, he could just be yanking your chain, a skeptical inner voice asked. “I care about you D.O.” D.O. heard Kai say causing to look up and meet eyes, eyes that expressed more sincerity than D.O. could remember seeing in years. He watched as Kai leaned down and planted another kiss on the top of his head before turning away to open the door.

His emotions were so overwhelming that D.O. could only manage to utter a, “Thank you” as Kai left through the apartment door. D.O. stood staring at the door Kai had passed through for so long that he soon lost track. Memories that he and Kai had just created together filing his heart with so much happiness that he was afraid would fade if he moved.

A buzz from his phone signaling an incoming text message shock D.O. out from is daze. Maybe it’s Kai, D.O. thinks to himself as he walks over to his phone. *One New Message from Unknown*, strange, he thinks opening the message.

I spy with my little eye, D.O. and Kai, what to do, what to do? –Unknown

“No, no, no, no” D.O. mutters aloud several times walking backwards, trying to put as much distance between himself and his phone. What do I do, a scared voice echoed in his brain. If anyone at school sees this your image will be ruined, no one will want to be seen with anyone as pathetic as you, a voice sounding much like his grandmothers filled his head bringing forth all his self-doubt. Not even someone as foolish as Kai will want to be seen with you, it continued.

“Kai” D.O. unconsciously called out, droning out all the other voices. Kai will know what to do, a strong voice reassured inside his head. Gathering all his strength D.O. walked forward and grabbed his phone where he had dropped it upon the couch. Quickly scowling to Kai’s name D.O. presses send. “Pick up, oh please pick up” D.O. whispered as his ears were filled with the ringing tone of the phone.

“Hello my dear” Kai’s voice filters through the phone.

“Kai, kai, did you get it too, what do we do, what should I do?” D.O. asks. You sound like a helpless creature with your rambling, his inner voice scolded.

“Calm down, D.O. I haven’t gotten any texts this afternoon, what’s wrong” Kai asks, his voice full of concern.

“I’m going to send it to you right now, I don’t know what to do Kai, I need you to tell me to know what to do.” D.O. rambled, hoping Kai could sense how much D.O. needed him in this moment.

“Take a deep breathe, Send me the message, and try to relax, okay” Kai instructed, in a calming tone. D.O. moved to comply to Kai’s reqest, ending the call without a second thought. He opened up the picture message and then clicked on the forward option, typing a short message D.O. read it over and then clicked send.

I got this five minutes ago, What do we do? –Beautiful

I spy with my little eye, D.O. and Kai, what to do, what to do? –Forwarded from Unknown.

The silence was deafening as he waited for Kai’s reply. He’s going to leave you just like everyone else, his inner voice sneers, the going is getting tough and everyone is running the other way. He said he didn’t plan on leaving me though, a small voice fights back. The sharp buzz from his phone pulls D.O. from the battle raging inside of his. He takes a deep breath and them reads the text from Kai, expecting nothing less than rejection. Instead what he sees forces him to reread the message several times.

Do you trust me D.O.? –ArrogantDancingBoy

Do I trust him, he asks himself after reading the short message at least seven times. Yes, a small voice quickly responds shocking him. How can you trust him already, so easily, a voice sneers. What reason has he given me not to, another voice asks. D.O. clicks reply and then fiddles his fingers across the screen typing a response and deleting it several times. In defeat D.O. taps on Kai’s name and decides to call him instead.

“Do you trust me D.O.?” Kai questions after answering on the second ring. The direct question filtering through his phone in Kai’s voice causes D.O.’s breath to catch in his chest.

“Yes” he manages to just barely whisper. A pause fills the line causing panic to seep into every pore of D.O.’s body. Told you, his evil inner voice sneers.

“I wouldn’t betray it D.O., I promise” Kai says breaking the silence. The words uttered so honestly bring tears to D.O.’s eyes, hard to keep in. “Don’t cry my dear because I can’t hold you and kiss your tears away right now, but I promise you this, we will get through this. First thing tomorrow, after my early morning dance practice, I will ask around to see if anyone at school knows someone smart with technology and we will figure out who this anonymous figure is, okay.” Kai said.

“I can ask around too” D.O. said regaining his normal breathing. “That’s the second time that you have called me that” he whispered.

“We are in this together now, and I plan to call you that all the time if you’ll let me. Get some sleep now my dear, you've had a crazy day, I’ll see you tomorrow morning” Kai instructed.

“Thank you Kai” D.O. uttered before ending the call

~End of Flashback~

D.O. finished his morning routine and then started walking to his bus stop. The air smelled amazing after the rainfall of the previous night, as it blew across his face. Sitting at his bus stop D.O. felt the familiar vibration of his phone, looking at the screen brought a smile to his face. *One New Message from ArrogantDancingBoy*

Rise and shine sleeping beauty, we have a mission to complete today. –ArrogantDancingBoy

D.O. rolled his eyes as he read the message, then clicked reply.

I’m up silly, waiting for the bus. How do I know you are actually up and moving, you could still be in bed. –Beautiful

It's so much easier to without the distraction of his eyes, and smile, and just all around perfect body, D.O. gushed to himself.

Believe me now? I’ve got to go change before my instructor comes in the room. I’ll see you later my dear. –ArrogantDancingBoy

I have to find out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter