Wonderful Dream

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai carried D.O. in his arms hastily through the halls, avoiding all questioning gazes shot his way. I’ll make something up, something that will excuse all of this and make it so D.O. can keep it secret, he kept assuring himself as he rounded corner after corner towards the nurse’s office. Finally he saw the door that read Nurse at the end of the hallway and gave a sigh of relieve. It wasn’t that D.O. was heavy or anything, actually it was quite the opposite and Kai would have to find a way to talk the boy into eating more, it was more of the fact that Kai was filled with worry. Worry about D.O.’s wellbeing. From what he had been able to understand from Xiumin earlier, D.O. had worked himself up into such a tantrum that he had suddenly passed out, exhausted from all the emotions he had racing through him. The thought of his beautiful D.O. crying was enough to make him feel terrible, especially the thought that he had not been there to hold the other and offer him comfort. However, the thing that hurt him the most was what an evil inner voice seemed to be finding nothing but pleasure in repeating. This is all your fault, his inner voice scolded. You caused his tears, another voice says snidely. You betrayed his trust, a small voice says sadly.  “I’m sorry D.O.” Kai whispers, guilt colliding in on him as he finally reaches the nurses office.

“Oh my” the nurse shrieks once Kai brings D.O. into the room as if she didn’t work in a health office and had probably seen someone coming in worse than just a passed out boy. “Come lay him down” she said getting up from her chair and walking over to a sub room where there was a plastic bed covered with crinkly doctor’s office paper. Kai gently laid D.O. down upon the bed. As he looked down at D.O. he noticed how small he looked there all alone. I can’t leave him like this, isn’t that what he was pleading for me not to do, he wondered to himself. “Did he hit his head” the nurse asked standing in the door way with a look of concern on her face.

“No” Kai answered taking a seat on the empty part of the bed, “he had a little panic attack, he just needs some rest I think” Kai said looking up at the nurse with a small smile.

“Well I’ll make sure to check in on him in about twenty minutes then, you should head back to class young man” she said turning to leave D.O. alone in the dark little room. Oh yeah that’s exactly how he needs to wake up, Kai thinks sarcastically to himself as he sweeps D.O.’s  bangs sideways with his fingers.

“I’m going to stay here with him, my teacher already gave me permission” Kai fibbed, hoping that the nurse wouldn’t ask for a pass as proof.

“Sure, fine with me” the lady said going back to her computer and Kai rolled his eyes as he saw a game of Solitaire take up her screen before he turned his full attention back to the boy before him.

Kai began to hum softly to himself as he played with D.O’s feather light bangs. “How could anyone ever leave anything as perfect as you” he whispered aloud as his eyes gazed on the boy that stole his heart.

The bell signaling the end of homeroom rang and D.O. still didn’t wake up.  Kai felt a little nervous about skipping class but he hoped his parents would understand once he told them the reason why.  Soon the loud humming of the air conditioning unit filled the small room and Kai noticed the smaller boy begin to shiver. Without even thinking too much about it Kai pulls his flannel shirt off and lays it over the shivering boy as a blanket.

For a few minutes, Kai sat beside D.O.  just staring down at his face and admiring how tiny he looked with his sweater draped over him. However the humming of the air conditioner continued and Kai watched as D.O. began to tremble a little due to the chill again. You can’t let him just freeze here, his inner voice thinks mockingly as Kai wonders what to do.  Taking a deep breath Kai laid beside D.O. hoping that the nurse would ignore the annoying rustle of the paper. Once beside the other, Kai draped his arm over the boy’s chest and held him close, letting his body warmth seep into the other.

“Wake up soon beautiful” Kai whispered before planting a kiss against D.O.’s hair. I can’t believe he thought that I wanted that Xiumin guy; he has nothing on my D.O., Kai thinks to himself as he softly hums to the sleeping boy. I wonder if he’ll want to sit with me at lunch today, a voice thinks giddily as his eyes scan over D.O.’s sleeping face.

Kai isn’t sure how much time passes but he feels immense relief when D.O.’s eyes flutter open. He in a deep breath and has to keep from cooing at the cuteness that is the boy in his arms as D.O. brings a hand up to his eye and rubs the sleep from it. Kai watches as D.O.’s eyes flutter around taking in everything around him. Suddenly D.O.’s large eyes are on his and Kai doesn’t know what to do.

“What a nice dream” D.O. whispers as he rolls onto his side and lays chest to chest with Kai. Tell him this isn’t a dream, half of himself urges while the other stronger voice urges him to stay still and see where this will go. “Everything about you is perfect even in my dreams” D.O. says and then Kai feels D.O.’s soft fingers on his face as they trail along his exposed check and couldn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter