We Look Like a Real Couple.

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The loud buzzing of Baekhyun’s phone on his nightstand pulls him out of a comfortable slumber. He turns over onto his side and extends his hand out towards his phone sleepily. He bring the phone close to his face and has to adjust his eyes for a few seconds due to the brightness of his screen. Rubbing his eyes he opens up a text message.

I hope I didn’t wake you!!! I was thinking we could go somewhere fun together today. My mom said she can give us a ride. What do you say, can I pick you up in about an hour??? –GentleGiant

Baekhyun let out a small giggle as he watched the video attached a couple of times. Propping his phone beside him with both hands Baekhyun took a picture of himself to send to Chanyeol.

How are you so awake?? Where are we going? –THEvoice

Waiting for a response Baekhyun stretched his arms up over his head and slowly began unfurling himself from his warm covers. Standing up, Baekhyun reached down and tapped on his toes. On the way back up Baekhyun heard the vibration from his phone.

Can I call you? –GentleGiant

Rolling his eyes, Baekhyun taps on his phone a couple of times before bringing it up to his ear.

“Good Morning Baek” Chanyeol answers on the second ring.

“Morning Chanyeol” Baekhyun replies smile forming on his face.

“Wow, I really did wake you up I can hear it in your voice, I’m sorry Baek” Chanyeol rambles.

“It’s okay I needed to get up anyway” Baekhyun says hoping to make Chanyeol feel better. “So what’s this about a date” Baekhyun says bravely, changing the subject. Baekhyun hears a choking cough through the phone and smiles wider at being able to take Chanyeol by surprise with his words.

“Well” Chanyeol says clearing his throat, “my mom has to go a couple of towns over to visit her sister and there is this really cool mall out there” Chanyeol says.

“What do you need at the mall” Baekhyun asks slightly confused.

“Actually, I don’t really need anything” Chanyeol confesses.

“I’m confused” Baekhyun admits putting his phone on speaker phone and setting it down on his bedside table so that he can use both hands to make his bed.

“I know you don’t want people to see us together” Chanyeol’s voice fills the room and Baekhyun feels guilt build up inside of him at Chanyeol’s words.

“I’m not embarrassed to be seen with you Chanyeol, it’s just…” Baekhyun starts, trying to explain himself.

“I know Baek, don’t worry I’m not mad about it. Just trying to figure out a way to work around it” Chanyeol says and Baekhyun can hear the smile Chanyeol is sporting over the phone waves. “So I’ve been thinking maybe we could walk around like a real couple if we were away from people that would recognize us, what do you think Baek” Chanyeol’s voice echoed around Baekhyun’s room. What do I think, Baekhyun asks himself freezing in his place. It would be nice to spend the day with Chanyeol, an inner voice admits. What if someone sees, what if dad sees, a panicked voice wonders from the forefront of Baekhyun’s mind. It’s far enough away that no one will recognize me, Baekhyun says to reassure himself. Plus dad isn’t supposed to be back from his business trip till tomorrow, another voice reassures. “Okay so maybe it wasn’t such a good idea, you can just come over to my place if you want” Chanyeol’s voice cracks through Baekhyun’s inner turmoil.

“I’ve got to shower and eat some breakfast before we head out. You’ll be here in an hour right.” Baekhyun asks deciding to throw caution to the wind and do what makes him happy.

“Are you sure Baek, we really don’t have to go out we can stay in a practice for our duet instead” Chanyeol proposes. Tapping on his phone Baekhyun turns off the speaker and brings his phone up to his ear.

“I’ll see you when you get here Chanyeol” Baekhyun says with a smile.

“I can’t wait Baek” Chanyeol admits as they both hang up.

Plugging his phone into his speaker, Baekhyun heads to his closet with the pleasant rhythm of music filling his room. Baekhyun stares at all the different shirts in his closet running his hand across a couple different ones. “What should I wear” he mutters aloud. A pause in his music signaling an unread text, pulls Baekhyun back to his phone. He smiles seeing Chanyeol’s name before clicking on the message to read it all.

Dress comfortably today. You don’t have to impress me, I already think you are perfect. Thanks for the picture this morning by the way I love it. –GentleGiant

All Baekhyun can do is smile as he reads through Chanyeol text. He taps reply, but not knowing what to say settles for what’s on his face.

:) –THEvoice

Turning back to his closet, Baekhyun grabs a simple white, long sleeve shirt from its hanger. Grabbing a pair of black skinny jeans and socks out of the top drawer of his dresser Baekhyun lays out the items on his bed. Turning the song that he and Chanyeol will be singing together at their next performance on repeat and cranking up the volume, Baekhyun steps into his shower.

After toweling off and changing into his outfit for the day Baekhyun heads to his kitchen. Opening up the loaf of bread, Baekhyun pulls out two pieces and puts them in the toaster. After spreading some butter onto them, he begins to eat. Right after biting into his second piece he hears a knock at the door. Standing on tip toes the peep hole reveals Chanyeol.

“Hey” he says pulling open the door.

“Hey Baek” Chanyeol says with a smile. Baekhyun watches as Chanyeol’s arms raise up for a hug but then lower back at his side. “Are you ready” he asks instead.

“I have to brush my teeth and grab my phone, do you want to come in and wait” Baekhyun offers opening the door wider.

“Sure” Chanyeol says stepping in. Baekhyun closes the door and turns to face Chanyeol. “Can I give you a hug Baek” Chanyeol asks.

“I thought you’d never ask” Baekhyun admits melting into Chanyeol’s warm embrace.

“You look amazing” Chanyeol says pulling back from the hug. Baekhyun lets out a laugh as he heads back towards the bathroom for his tooth brush. “Your dad’s not home” Chanyeol hollers from the living room.

“My father is on a business trip” Baekhyun responds after rinsing his mouth out.

“You can always come to my place if you get tired of being alone Baek” Chanyeol says with sincerity as Baekhyun comes back into the main room, phone in hand.

“Thanks” Baekhyun whispers grabbing his keys off their hook, “Ready” he asks motioning towards the door.

“Am I ever” Chanyeol responds holding open the door. After locking his front door Baekhyun climbs into Chanyeol’s side.

“It’s so nice to see you again Baekhyun” Chanyeol’s mother says with a smile his way.

“You too ma’am” Baekhyun replies with another smile.

The ride out of town is very comfortable, filled with chatter and music. Halfway to their destination Baekhyun realizes he is leaning against Chanyeol and quickly pulls away stealing a glance up towards the front of the car.

“Stay Baek” Chanyeol whispers pulling Baekhyun back beside him and intertwining his fingers in with Baekhyun’s. Half of Baekhyun is convinced he sees a smile spread on Chanyeol’s mothers face the other half is convinced that it is just a play of the light. Chanyeol’s warmth and the constant hum of noise slowly lulls Baekhyun into a light slumber.

“Isn’t he just too adorable” he hears Chanyeol’s mother say.

“Don’t wake him mom” Chanyeol whispers. Baekhyun feels gently fingers run through his hair. “I woke him up when I texted this morning so he needs a little rest” Chanyeol continues to his mother.

“Alright, alright sorry” Chanyeol’s mother says with a small chuckle. “I’m happy for you son” Baekhyun makes out before falling deeper into slumber.

“Baek, Baek, wake up” Chanyeol’s voice wakes Baekhyun, making him startled.

“Sorry” Baekhyun mutters rubbing the palm of his hand against his eye.

“No apology necessary we just got here silly” Chanyeol says with a smile.

“Have fun boys” Chanyeol’s mother calls as they climb out of the backseat. “Baekhyun dear, I gave Chanyeol plenty of money so if there is anything you want in there or you get hungry you just let him know okay” she says.

“Moooommm” Chanyeol wails.

“I brought my wallet ma’am” Baekhyun says reassuringly.

“Which you won’t be needing” she says with a smile, “Be a gentleman Chanyeol” she says giving him a stern look.

“Goodbye mom” Chanyeol says grabbing Baekhyun’s hand and turning away from the car.

“Love you” she calls.

“You too” Chanyeol says with a small wave. “Sorry about that” Chanyeol mutters as they walk through the parking lot.

“Don’t apologize, your mom is sweet” Baekhyun says, squeezing Chanyeol’s hand in his.

They walk together through several stores hand in hand. Unlike before, Baekhyun feels no anxiety about what others could possibly think as they spot Chanyeol and he.

“Oh look at those shoes” Baekhyun says pointing at a display window.

“Those look really nice Baek, do you want to try them on” Chanyeol asks walking towards the store.

“No it’s okay, they probably won’t fit” Baekhyun says.

“It can’t hurt to try” Chanyeol says.

“No it’s really fine let’s go over there” Baekhyun suggests pointing away from the shoe store.

“If you’re sure” Chanyeol says with a raised eye brow. “Ohh look, Dip’n Dots” Chanyeol says pointing towards an ice cream kiosk several minutes later. “You are going to love this Baek come on” Chanyeol says leading the way.

“What can I get for you today” a teenage girl asks Chanyeol. Baekhyun feels the green eyed monster inside of his chest start to claw to be let out when he sees the girl toss her hair and bat her eyelashes while smiling an overly fake smile at Chanyeol. Back away ,he’s mine, he thinks internally.

“I’ll have one of your ummm banana split flavored ice creams, what do you want babe” Baekhyun asks wrapping both of his arms around Chanyeol’s waist giving the girl one of his fake smiles.

“I’ll ummm” Chanyeol starts then clears his throat, “Cotton Candy please” he finishes.

“One minute” the girl says with a pout on her face.

“I should get you jealous more often” Chanyeol whispers with a small chuckle as he rubs Baekhyun’s side. Baekhyun feels his cheeks heat up at Chanyeol’s words.

“I…I.. I just wanted her to know” Baekhyun mumbles.

“Know what that I’m taken” Chanyeol asks.

“That your mine” Baekhyun admits against Chanyeol’s side.

“That I am” Chanyeol says squeezing Baekhyun slightly.

“Here you go, your total is going to be $4.12” the girl says returning with their ice cream cups. Baekhyun detaches himself from Chanyeol’s side to grab his wallet from his back pocket.

“Keep the change” Chanyeol’s voice says. Baekhyun looks to see him handing over a five dollar bill and grabbing the cups with his other hand. “Grab the spoons please Baek” Chanyeol asks.

“You didn’t have to do that” Baekhyun says as he follows Chanyeol to a bench.

“Didn’t have to but I wanted to, so there” Chanyeol says sticking his tongue out playfully.

“Did you just stick your tongue out at me” Baekhyun asks in mock outrage as he sits down beside Chanyeol.

“No.. well ummm… maybe” Chanyeol mumbles. Baekhyun can no longer hold back his laugh. “Why are you laughing” Chanyeol asks in utter shock eye brows raising forcing Baekhyun to laugh harder.

“Thank you for the ice cream” Baekhyun manages to say grabbing his ice cream from Chanyeol once he stops laughing.

“You’re welcome, but I still don’t understand what all that was about” Chanyeol confesses with a smile as he scoops some of his little dots into his mouth.

“I have been really happy all day and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter