More Than Meets The Eye

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xiumin looks into D.O.’s eyes as he tries to think of an answer to the others question. He is slightly alarmed by the crazed animal look D.O.’s eyes hold.

“Tell me now” D.O. yells, bringing his hand back down on another empty desk and throwing his backpack across the room.

“I..I..I just meet Kai yesterday” Xiumin blurts out as he jumps slightly from both the loud noise and the death glare D.O. is sending his way.

“Likely story” D.O. says before chuckling darkly and walking closer to Xiumin. “Why is it possible then that I just don’t believe you” D.O. says slowly tilting his head in a mocking manner. Xiumin feels his blood run cold, he’s seen D.O. mad and he had luckily only heard rumors of what happens when he gets angry, but he has never witnessed it. With shaky hands he reaches into his sweater pocket and unlocks the screen by memory. “How do you suggest I get the real answer out of you huh” D.O. asks playfully rubbing his hand under his chin, but unlike when Chen does it no laugh even threatens to build up within Xiumin. Xiumin taps on the screen of his phone hoping it will open the log of recent phone calls he has placed, like he is picturing in his mind.  He silently pleads in his mind that his plan will work as he taps one last time hoping that his phone will connect a call to Chen. “I’ve got it” D.O. says before grabbing Xiumin by the collar and yanking him up.

“I promise D.O. I was formally introduced to Kai yesterday; I’ve only ever seen him walking around campus before that” Xiumin says as he stagers to his feet. “Go ask him if you don’t believe me. You have a few minutes till homeroom starts, you can leave and comeback before then if you go now” he says looking into the crazy eyes of D.O. before him. Please, please, Chen if you got the call please understand,  he thinks knowing that the words he had just spoken were the only chance at clues he could give Chen.

“I can’t talk to him right now” D.O. says shaking his head, “Every time I try I see images of yesterday’s lunch flash before my mind. Him sitting next to you, close to you, laughing with you” D.O. says shaking his head as if to clear it. “He’s supposed to do that with ME” D.O. yells as he yanks Xiumin away from the desk, “not YOU” he adds pushing Xiumin harshly up against the wall.

“You didn’t really see what you think you saw D.O., I can explain” Xiumin pleads, as he gasps air back into his lungs.

“Don’t tell me what I saw, I know what I saw, it looked like you were trying to steal my Kai away from me” D.O. says. Xiumin looks into D.O.’s eyes to see if he has processed what he just said, especially the my Kai part but he sees something else, something almost like the flicker of a light bulb. “You know don’t you” D.O. says backing up slightly. For a split second Xiumin thinks he is safe as D.O. looks like he wants to flee from the situation but then the crazed animal look returns to the others eyes, but ten times more intensified if at all possible. “I told you not to read through my texts when I gave you my phone. Are you trying to steal him from me to get back at me somehow? You can’t have him” D.O. yells before lunging forward and knocking Xiumin onto the floor. “Kai is mine” D.O. says as his fist makes contact with Xiumin’s side. “He said he wouldn’t leave me, he said I can trust him” he says as he throws a second punch into Xiumin’s ribs. Xiumin lets out a little gasp as the air leaves his lungs yet again.

“D.O.  enough” a loud voice yells and Xiumin sees a figure pulling the other off of him through his tears. “Xiumin are you okay” the individual Xiumin now knows is Chen asks as he holds onto a wider than normal eyed D.O..

“You can’t take him from me, I need him.” D.O. yells as he begins to shake. “Kai can’t leave me, he can’t leave me too” D.O. whimpers before he falls to the ground tears streaming down his face. Chen and Xiumin exchange a look. To Xiumin, Chen looks like he is a mix of anger and confusion. “Don’t leave me I’ll be good I promise” D.O. whispers before curling in on himself and rocking back and forth as tears continue to leave his eyes.

“D.O. dude are you okay” Chen asks squatting beside the distraught boy and extending a hand.

“Please don’t make me stay here, I promise I’ll be good now, don’t leave” D.O. whimpers as he continues to rock himself.  His crying becomes loud distraught sobs and it sounds like it becomes hard for D.O. to breathe. “Don’t go” he cries out, “Don’t leave” he adds between sobs, “I need you” he whispers before sobbing outright.

“What do we do” Chen asks as he w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter