All Ten or Just Some?

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xiumin turned the handle of his next class. What if he’s in there, a small voice said with worry, It’s the last time he’ll make you cry, a stronger voice answers back. Upon entering the room nobody looks up most are too consumed in a first day of school game they are playing. Stay strong, he tells himself as he walks up to the teacher’s desk.

“Hello, ma’am, my name is Xiumin and I am sorry I am so late” he says in a surprisingly strong voice considering he had just cried so hard.

“Oh no worries” she says sending him a sincere smile. “Your friend Chen” she points off somewhere in the room “told me what happened. I am sorry for your lose? How long did you have your dog, if you don’t mind me asking?”

“Thirteen years” Xiumin replies, shocked that Chen would make up an excuse on his behalf, a perfect one at that, one that would explain why his eyes were still so red and puffy even after he tried to wash I away numerous times. “I’m so sorry the memories just hit me so fast” he continued, which really when he thought about it wasn’t much of a lie.

“Oh I completely understand sweetly, I lost my cat last year after a really long time, I’m here if you need to talk” she says with a reassuring smile. Figures she’s a cat person, Xiumin thinks to himself.

“Thank you, and I might take you up on that offer” Xiumin says knowing he never will.

“Well class is almost over we have about fifteen minutes left, we are playing a little get to know everyone game so why don’t you go join that pair over in the corner they have been waiting for you” She hand Xiumin a paper and points him over to his group.

Xiumin walks towards the group that the teacher pointed out thankfully he doesn’t see either Luhan or Sehun in this class. As he comes closer he realizes that he knows both the people in his group, he was watching both of them during lunch. Taking a deep breath he sits down in the empty desk next to them.

“Sorry I’m so late” he mutters in their direction hoping to not be too rude.

“Oh it’s perfectly fine, we have just been talking to each other you didn’t really miss much” Suho, says matter of factually. Xiumin and Suho have a mutual respect for each other, they are both really smart, Suho just uses his gift to help those more popular than him, elevating him above Xiumin.

“Well I’m glad to hear that.” Xiumin says.

“Well I’m Chanyeol” the other one says extending a hand towards Xiumin. “I’m part of the rapping duo as I’m sure you know and I enjoy laughing, okay your turn, or do you want Suho to go first?”

“Nice to meet you” Xiumin says accepting the hand offered to him.

“Well I’ll just go if that’s okay with you” Suho says lifting up his eyebrow as if to ask permission

“Yeah, go ahead” Xiumin says.

“Hi I’m Suho” he does a little wave “I love helping others so I usually tutor after school, if you’re interested” he finishes.

Ask him, an evil little voice pushes from the back of his head. “Ummm, Suho I missed a lot of the class do you think we could meet up tonight and go over it” Xiumin asks.

“Well” Suho says starting to blush a little “you didn’t really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter