Got A Hot Date, On A Friday Night

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the final bell rang Kris grabbed his papers off his desk and stuffed them into his bag.

“Ready for practice man” Chanyeol’s booming voice asked from beside him.

“Yeah, I have to cut out at four today though.” Kris said. Don’t question it, he silently thought in Chanyeol’s direction.

“Cool, cool, got a hot date on a Friday night” Chanyeol says in a joking voice, “I see how it is, going to ditch me for some chick?” Chanyeol playfully pushes into Kris’s side as they make their way to the practice room.

“Something like that” Kris says. If only you knew, he thinks inside his head.

“Dude why don’t you start warming up, I think I forgot something in one of my classes.” Chanyeol says running off. That’s weird, Kris thinks to himself, he didn’t even wait for my response.

Kris walks into the practice room and plugs his phone into the speaker system. Once a nice beat is echoing throughout the room, Kris lounges out across the couch. I can’t wait till tonight, Kris thinks as a smile spreads across his face. With the comfort of the sofa on his back and the music in his ears Kris drifts off into day dreams.

~Flashback~

It was the beginning of summer break and Kris was at the mall enjoying some free time to do a little shopping for his mother’s upcoming birthday, plus a couple of things for himself. He walked into an interesting shop and decided to look for something for his mother. As he was skimming through some shirts he saw a tall skinny guy glancing his way. After a couple of minutes Kris notices the boy still looking over towards him. This guy is really creeping me out, Kris thinks to himself.

“Can I help you with something?” he finally voices to the boy. Kris gazes over to the boy and sees his eyes widen and cheeks flush in embarrassment of being called out.

“I ummm well I work here and I wanted to let you know that I don’t think that your girlfriend will appreciate the clothes that you are picking out for her, they are old lady cloths” the boy says the last few words while scrunching up his nose as if they smelt bad.

“Well thanks, but I don’t have a girlfriend, these are actually for my mom, are these cloths still too old lady-ish?” Kris asks enjoying the deeper blush that crosses the boy’s cheeks.

“Actually yes, unless your mother is eighty” the boy says with a little bit of attitude as he walks over towards Kris. He grabs most of the shirts that Kris had put aside and places them all back on the rack very meticulously. “These have to go, be patient as I put them away and then I’ll help you pick out better ones” the boy says.

“Fine” Kris said, “I don’t really have anything else planned for today anyway.” Kris watched the boy as he returned the shirts to their rightful places, he finds himself admiring the toned arms of the boy and his unique eyes. Wow, he really has interesting eyes, he thinks to himself, I wonder if that is natural.

“Okay done, now you” the boy points towards Kris, “follow me.”

Kris follows the boy to a different side of the store. The boy grabs a shirt off the rack, looks it up and down, and then hands it to Kris. The process repeats several times the boy putting more things back on the rack then he gives to Kris. Kris looks at the seven shirts, he really has an eye, Kris thinks remembering the shirts he had picked out.

“I think this will be enough” Kris said to the boy.

“Okay, I can check you out over here” the boy says moving across the store again. Why is he blushing, Kris thinks as he watches the boy leave before following him.

“Thanks for all your help” Kris says genuinely to the boy, “I never got your name” he adds.

“My name is Tao” the boy says before giving Kris his total.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter