The First Day of School....Yippee!

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Six o’clock already, how is that even possible?, Xiumin thought to himself as he swiftly sat up and turned the volume of the music coming through his clock up. He walked out of his room and walked into his siblings’ room to make sure they were getting up as well.

“Rise and shine, sleepy heads” Xiumin said into his little sisters’ room as he flicked on the light to their room.

“Do we have to?” They each whined with sleep filled voices.

“See you downstairs dressed and ready for breakfast in thirty minutes, love you two.” Was the quick reply he fired back as he went to repeat the same process in his parents room.

“Morning mom, Morning dad” Xiumin said as he flipped on both of the light switches in his parents’ bedroom.

“Is it that time already?” His mom muttered as she lifted the pillow off her face. “Are you excited son?”

“It’s just another year mom, I learned a while ago not to expect much when it comes to new school years.” Xiumin replied as he thought back to years previous when he had actually looked forward to school starting, not now Xiumin, he thought to himself as he went back to his room. He quickly changed into a plain shirt and a pair of jeans, nothing too flashy, something that would not make him stand out.

After getting dressed Xiumin made his way down the stairs and into the kitchen where he proceeded to make breakfast for his family. When the water and oats started to boil Xiumin pulled the blue berries and strawberries out of the fridge and began washing and slicing them. He had just finished placing the porridge in bowls for each member of his family as his little sisters made their way into the kitchen quickly followed by his father.

“Wow Minmin looks delicious” his older sister said as she gave him a quick hug and then took her bowl and stated to fill it with blueberries and some brown sugar.

“Thanks Minnie I love oatmeal” his youngest sister said with a bright smile on her face as she gave him a tight hug.

“What would we do without you son” Xiumin’s father asked while ruffling his son's hair before taking a bowl for himself and  filling it with the things he desired.

Xiumin was placing some brown sugar in his bowl of oatmeal and strawberries when his mother made her way downstairs.

“Should you really be putting that much brown sugar in your bowl sweetheart?” Xiumin’s mother asked as she quickly pinched his left check before proceeding to kiss both of his sisters and then his father.

Xiumin finished filling his bowl and sat down at the table with his sisters a little upset from the earlier event, seemingly innocent question, spoken by his mother. He quickly inhaled his oatmeal not really wanting to comment on the happy conversation his sisters were having with his parents about how excited they were for school. School, he hated that word, he felt at times that his whole life revolved around one dreadful word. With both his parents being teachers at the elementary school level and his day ruled by it, Xiumin felt like he could never escape school and everything it held. All the inevitable disappointment that the word school entailed.

Xiumin rose from the table and rinsed out his bowl. Before he could make it all the way to the stairs to finish his morning routine his mother called him back into the kitchen.

“Honey, I know you do so much for us all each morning and for that we are all grateful” his mother said. What does she want now, Xiumin silently thought to himself. “Your father and I were hoping that maybe you could make our coffee while you are down here each morning, since sometimes we don't get down here soon enough, but you are so reliable. We understand if you don’t think you will have enough time though of course sweetheart” his mother finished with a sweet smile on her face.

“Of course mom, I always have time for you and dad” Xiumin said kissing his mother and father on the cheek one by one before ascending the stairs. Even if you don’t always have time for me, he thought to himself while making his way into his bathroom to wash his face, do his hair, and brush his teeth.

Once finished he looked at his reflection in the mirror, making f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter