Twist part 2

You're being watched

A/N=Hey guys, for the readers that are still reading my fanfic, I would really like to thank you for still reading this fanfic and for your patience.

I would like to request for some feedback on how the story is progressing so can you guys please comment down on how do you feel about the plot overall and if you would like to see anything happen in the fanfic or feel like should happen! If it sticks to the plot then I would love to add it in or change anything you feel should be changed if I agree with it too.

For now, I still want to continue the fanfic but would just like to see some comments so I would be really grateful if you guys could comment below to tell me how everything is going.

Thank you!


The final teacher, Mrs.Yoon entered inside the classroom and was surprised to see quite a sight. The male students looked like they were either tied or restricted in their movement like how Taemin was blindfolded and how Minho had a huge headgear that was covering his ears.

''Hello students, I see some of us are in quite a pickle.'' She commented. ''But anyway like Mr.Kim mentioned this is your final lesson so I hope you, girls, can cover and write as much as you can to help your partners when they need your study notes as reference to study from. The exam next week is very important and will affect your chances of getting into the university of your choice and also your future if you intend to go straight to work.''

Onew glanced at his tied wrists and felt like his world was shattering into tiny pieces, all the hopeful dreams and aspirations he had for himself would be ruined the moment Mrs.Yoon started to teach the key study content they all had to rely on to make sure they passed with good grades. While he doesn't want to be insulting about the girl he was in love with, there was no way her notes were going to be satisfactory for him to study from. She was too low of a rank, only C, to even consider thinking that maybe she could get as much information as she could based on this final lesson. He doubted her ability to write off every module and topic Mrs.Yoon was going to cover to the detail he would like.

He glanced over at her for two quick seconds and he could see she was already looking anxious, just listening to Mrs.Yoon who wasn't even saying anything worth note-taking yet Victoria was looking a little lost as if it was like she knew that her note taking skills weren't adequate enough for Onew to read of, let alone study from. He looked over at Sulli, who was more reliable for him to take notes from however he rather trust his own skills and ability to write what was useful or what was not in terms of what Mrs.Yoon would speak of.

He knew so much depended on this one final exam and if Victoria wasn't going to care about his future then neither was he going to care about the short term letters or this pointless challenge. He was ready for Mrs.Yoon to start saying something useful before he would do what he was planning to do, just a few more seconds of useless explaining of what was going to be taught to them like she was giving a explanation preview of the content she was going to provide.

''Any questions?'' Mrs.Yoon asked before she decided to start.

''I would like a few seconds to prepare!'' Victoria suddenly spoke, causing everyone to look at her except Taemin and Minho.

Victoria moved her pen and papers over to Onew's side, which made him confused as to what she was planning to do. It didn't take long before it became obvious what she was doing. He was planning on sabotaging this challenge by biting off one end of the knot to get rid of the ribbon around his wrist however he was surprised to see Victoria grab hold of his wrists before she untied the ribbon she had previously tied. He was in shock that she had helped him just now considering she seemed like she was willing to ruin him by forcing him to do the challenge, making Onew smile as he was relieved and glad that she had proven him wrong that his future and his dreams meant nothing for her. Could this mean that maybe he did mean something to her like she did to him?

''Victoria..I....'' Onew stopped when he saw her put her hand out in front of her body.

''Saying thank you can wait, right now it's more important you take as much notes as you can!'' Victoria gave him a soft smile. ''Do well and write as much notes as you can, this is for your future!''

Onew smiled wider at what Victoria just said to him, it felt like she wanted the best for him and to support him with his goals of going to the best university his grades could help him to go to, which seemed like they would be the most prestige ones of the world. Onew happily grabbed hold of the pen and pulled the papers closer to where he wanted the papers to be, he keenly looked at Mrs.Yoon as he showed that he was ready to listen to her and take as much notes as he could.

''I see you've decided to do what you please, Victoria.'' Mr.Kim's voice appeared out of nowhere.

''I will not hinder his future for a few pieces of papers.'' Victoria angrily glared at the top. ''You played dirty first so now I chose to do the same.''

Victoria was not willing to be blamed or be guilty for ruining or hindering Onew's future and success rate, just the imagination of being blamed for it was nerve-wrecking. While it may seem to everyone that she was not supportive of Onew and was pioritising a bunch of papers, that may be written with love for her, she only played Mr.Kim's game by forcing Onew to play along for a while until Mrs.Yoon was ready to teach, that was when she would halt the class and untie Onew's ribbon. She knew she wasn't seen positively by the other members during the incident before the classroom but she would never sabotage her partner. She did feel his rage when it seemed like she had betrayed him and did get the hint that his trust in her seemed like it had faded quickly but she had to play the bad guy part if it meant Mr.Kim was just going to let them get on with the challenge.

''Thank you Victoria!'' Onew thanked once again.

Amber looked at the scene and felt guilty that she thought wrongly of Victoria, thinking so horribly of her and arguing with her for even going against Onew but that wasn't the case at all. Regardless of Victoria not expressing her emotions or showing much signs of affection, Amber could tell that she did care about Onew. Her actions and consideration for Onew always spoke louder than her words besides it seemed like the two balanced each other out equally with Onew being overly expressive about her love for Victoria while she wasn't that expressive about it.

Key glanced at Amber and saw she was staring at Onew and Victoria, he could tell she felt bad for arguing against Victoria and he felt the same for thinking negatively about Victoria but he felt happy for Onew since his girlfriend, too, was supportive and did not betray him like he suspected her of doing.

''I know what you're thinking but now isn't the same to focus on them.'' Key reminded Amber. ''We can always apologise to her later on but first, you need to focus on writing up the study notes for our upcoming exam. I'm relying on you for the notes.''

Amber looked at Key and nodded her head before she got back to writing the content the class was being taught, Key was right! There was always time to apologise to Victoria later on but now it was important to focus on the last lesson they were taught.

Sulli obediently focused onto the class, writing down every key detail she heard out of Mrs.Yoon to make sure she could read further on the content that seemed important to go through later on when studying. As much as her partner didn't wanted to study or go near her, she felt she had to work harder for not only her but also for him, she felt like she was liable to write up as much as she could so she could deliver him the notes he would need when studying. He may not choose to study but she wasn't going to let him do that, this was a key exam that would change everyone's future and he had to study, his future depends on him to do so whether he liked it or not.

''Taemin's out as well!'' Mr.Kim's voice echoed, making Sulli to turn her head to the right.

She saw he had pulled his blindfold out and placed it onto the table, this meant he didn't have to rely on her for help anymore which meant he could go away from her once again. She felt hurt that he was doing this on purpose whereas Taemin saw his partner looked down, perhaps she wanted the handwritten letters hence why her mood was blue but he had to do what he had to do in order to not be around her, making him internally apologise to her for not completing the challenge for the letters he assumed she wanted.

She brushed her emotions off to the side as now was not the same to dwell on them, she could do that later. Now was the time to stay focused on Mrs.Yoon and eveything that came out of , she wrote faster as she heard Mrs.Yoon speak more. She was trying to make up for the few seconds she just spent over thinking about her partner and his usual behaviour, she hoped she hadn't lost anything important in the few seconds she spent and if she did then lucky for her, Onew was writing everything down so he must have something important for her to write down when she could observe his notes.

Jonghyun groaned as he lazily looked around, seeing almost all of the members listening to the teacher obediently and were completely fixated on her but he wasn't really that bothered to do so. While he did not have trouble as he was tied around his mouth, it didn't seem like it would have mattered to him if he had swapped with Onew as he was never going to pay attention in the first place. He glanced over at his partner and saw that she was writing down notes on her paper, watching her write in a neat handwriting as he read a few things he could see from her notes.

Luna knew Jonghyun was never going to pay attention to the lesson, it was quite alarming to her that he was like this even when the warning that this was their final lesson, that would affect their future, was told to them. She didn't like how he could be so carefree sometimes, especially now when time was ticking away and their final ray of help was going to end in a few minutes, the moment this class was going to finish. Like Sulli, she too was stubborn to make sure her partner would study for this exam and while Taemin would try to be away from Sulli as much as he could, Luna had an advantage as her partner wasn't going to do that. She was going to personally tutor him and make sure he learnt the content for the upcoming final exam so he could pass, which she was determined to help him do so.

Minho was observing Krystal, watching her trying to write as fast as she could but he could tell she was struggling, maybe this was the first time she paid this much attention to any of her classes hence she wasn't used to write quickly like Sulli and Onew were. He watched her scratch out some of her words and try to fasten her writing pace as her words were being written in different sizes and fonts.

Krystal grumbled as she pushed her hair strand to the side to have no restrictions in front of her face but it got back in front of her face, causing her to grumble as she pushed it back once again. Krystal angrily hissed when she saw it fell down in front of her face again but before she could push it back once again, Minho beat her to it by gently moving her hair strand with his finger before he tucked it behind her ear. Krystal looked at Minho as she blinked her eyes before a soft smile appeared on her face, his focus went to . The ends of appeared wider, he loved the way she smiled and although he couldn't hear anything, he knew she was thanking him just by reading her lips.

''You're welcome.'' Minho looked at her beautiful big brown eyes.

Krystal wanted to stay fixated on Minho but she forced herself to concentrate back in the exam preparation, she had to write up notes for the exam. Only a few minutes left and their final class was over, she could feel her nerves getting a little overwhelming over the thought that an exam was close by and hoped seeking help from either Sulli or Onew would help her with passing the exam although it seemed more likely that the help was going to be from Sulli rather than Onew.

''And that's the end of your final class!'' Mrs.Yoon smiled as she placed her book down. ''I wish you all good luck and hope all of you pass the exam with flying colours!''

Sulli immediately got up and walked over to Onew, she wrapped her arms around her notes and held it against her chest as she hurried over to him before he walked off to the living room.

''Onew, I would really like it if I could read your notes.'' Sulli requested. ''I really want to make sure I've missed nothing.''

''Me too!'' Luna walked over to where Sulli was.

''Sulli, I really need your help!'' Krystal whined, she wasn't getting much of the content she just listened to.

''Can we do a group study session please?'' Amber stretched her arms. ''I think it will really benefit all of us to learn together.''

''Sorry guys but I really need to focus and study alone.'' Onew refused before he looked at Sulli. ''You can have my notes and read them but I will need them back in ten minutes, that's when I will start studying everything.''

''Thank you!'' Sulli grabbed on to Onew's notes and quickly walked to the living room so she could sit down and write down her notes.

''Me too, Sulli! I need to see those notes.'' Luna couldn't let the chance, of seeing the top student's notes, go to waste.

''Let me ask Sulli for her notes, I can study off that.'' Minho loudly said as he walked after Sulli.

''Minho, wait I was going to do that too.'' Krystal walked after him.

 

Victoria was walking through the garden before she opened the door to the living room, looking ahead to see most of the younger members were writing up key notes from Onew's notes they were all gathered around to see. She smiled as she shook her head before she went over to the kitchen, she could always get some notes from the others later on. She saw that most of the kitchen was already clean and focused on cleaning the surfaces but her attention went over to someone clearing their throat behind her, making her turn around to see who it was.

''I'm sorry.'' Onew hung his head down. ''For a moment, I doubted you and thought you---''

''I understand why you would think like that.'' Victoria interrupted him. ''But I'm glad to hear that you did trust me when I asked whether you did or not.''

''I do trust you, I trust you a lot especially after what you've done for me.'' Onew held her hand. ''I'm glad you proved my mistrust wrong, I was thinking so stupidly about you for a while.''

''I did give you a reason as to why you would think like that so I understand.'' Victoria assured him. ''Besides it's not only you who thought of me like that, I'm pretty sure the others thought the same of me. I would have thought the same if I was anyone else.''

''Victoria what you've done for me today, I honestly can't thank you enough.'' Onew had a wide smile on his face as he stood right in front of her. ''And also what you've said to Mr.Kim about not hindering my future, I'm so thankful you stayed by my side and supported me so I could do well.''

''I do want you to do well, knowing you I know you must have planned your future and have ambitions to achieve all the great things you wish to have.'' Victoria smiled back at him. ''I don't want to stop you or be in the way for you to achieve them all.''

''You know me so well.'' Onew reached his hand out and placed it against the side of Victoria's face. ''Yes I do have all of those things planned but another thing I have planned and hope it fruitens is us. After today, I know I want to be with only you and there isn't a single doubt I have regarding that.''

Victoria stared into Onew's eyes, she could tell the guy was genuine with his words and feelings, he had never given her a single doubt that he hadn't been so far into their relationship. While it did start out as a fake relationship, it never felt like he was pretending with her. In fact he had always been real with her whether it was the way he spoke, the things he did for her or the love he expressed to her. Victoria could tell that Onew was really in love with her, his admiration and love for her was deep and he was really serious about her.

''Do you feel the same way about me too?'' Onew nervously asked, unsure as to where he stood in her heart.

Victoria looked at Onew's face, seeing him stare into her eyes with hopeful eyes and a soft smile. He was patiently waiting for her answer but before he could even get it, he heard a pair of throats being cleared. Victoria immediately moved to the side as she felt a little uncomfortable with others seeing their display of afffection. 

''I hope we weren't interrupting anything.'' Key asked as he wasn't sure if they should go up to Victoria right now.

''If we are then we can always come back later on.'' Amber felt the same way Key did.

''It's fine, please come in.'' Victoria gestured them to come inside.

''My ten minutes is up anyway so I gotta go back and study.'' Onew walked out of the kitchen to prepare for the exams.

''I wanted to speak to you about earlier.'' Amber looked at Victoria. ''I wanted to apologise for arguing with you, I misunderstood you and thought wrong of you.''

''I'm not surprised nor do I have anything against you for doing so.'' Victoria smiled. ''I would have done the same thing if I was you.''

''You were really convincing, you fooled all of us.'' Key spoke in. ''It seemed convincing that you didn't care about supporting Onew at all.''

''I guess that's why I got so angry over it.'' Amber sighed.

''I would never sabotage him, I had to do what I had to do in order to get the challenge started.'' Victoria replied. ''If I didn't then the challenge wouldn't have started because of Onew and Mr.Kim arguing constantly.''

''Although you're not obvious like Onew is, you do care about him.'' Amber smiled, watching Victoria get back to cleaning the surfaces. ''You're just less expressive about it than Onew is.''

''I'm happy he has a girlfriend like you.'' Key had a wide smile.

''Thank you.'' Victoria continued to clean the kitchen surfaces.

''I think we better get back to our studying sessions.'' Amber looked at Key as she groaned. ''We've got a week to prepare for this important exam.''

''I guess we can all start studying soon.'' Key looked at the time. ''Let's go and ask the others if they want to join us.''

Victoria watched Amber push the wheelchair, Key was sitting in, before she got back into cleaning, she had a big smile on her face after her conversation with them. She felt happy that people could tell that she was supportive of her boyfriend and while she doesn't say much, like Onew does, in terms of her feelings, she was used to him and the way he behaved around her in just three weeks of their relationship. Just hearing Key compliment when he told her that he was happy she was Onew's girlfriend was making her happy, could people now see that maybe she was worthy of being with Onew? While the two were completely different in the way they thought and how they were, somehow they still complete each other as if they were the yin yang of each other.

Onew walked back to the dining table, seeing some of the members were writing their notes there and reading off his notes. He observed them writing quickly and reading off his notes against theirs to make sure they had every point Onew had written on his notes. He glanced over to the sofa and saw Jonghyun was lying down on it whereas Taemin was walking over to the fruit bowl that was in the center of the living room, he knew those two would never take their studies seriously but he was surprised to see Krystal trying to study. He assumed that she too would have been like Jonghyun and Taemin, not serious over her future even though the warning was literally there but she proved him wrong.

''Are you guys done?'' Onew asked.

''I'm done with it!'' Sulli was glad that she didn't miss much of what Mrs.Yoon had told her, her notes were pretty identical to what Onew had written.

''Sulli, can you please teach us the modules and topics?'' Krystal pleaded.

''I would really like it if we could have a group studying session.'' Amber agreed.

''Me and Amber are going to do one but we would really like it if more people could join.'' Key smiled. ''I think if we study together then we can help each other learn and it will hopefully be easier to pass.''

''Please can you teach us Sulli!'' Luna nodded her head.

''Does anyone need my notes anymore? I'm going to start studying in my room.'' Onew looked at everyone, who shook their heads. ''Alright, I'll be in my room! Don't disturb me!''

Victoria entered in the living room and saw Onew had his notes in his hands as he went inside his room and closed the door to it. Although she wished he would participate and join in the group studying session the other members were going to do, she understood why he wanted to study alone. With how much he had already studied and excelled in his studies, he would be teaching the others and helping them learn so that would mean little to no time in his own studying and preparation and that made her worry as to whether Sulli might hinder her own studies due to helping everyone else.

''Sulli, don't you want to study alone like Onew is?'' Victoria asked. ''I mean it's great that you're willing to help everyone but you have to put yourself first! This is your exam too and your future depends on it just like how it does for the rest of us.''

''Don't worry about me!'' Sulli eye-smiled. ''I understand most of the modules and topics from before, I don't mind teaching everyone about it besides I always have time to study alone after dinner too! I can help you guys with the studying before dinner.''

''Thank you Sulli!'' Krystal, Amber and Luna immediately hugged Sulli with a wide smile on their face.

''What's going on?!'' Minho, who had his headgear on, looked around as he was confused.

Taemin watched some of the members hug Sulli, who had a wide smile on her face, and softly smiled. She looked pretty when she looked happy like that and the more he was away from her, the happier she was going to be. He wasn't good for her and he knew it, there was no point carrying on the challenge if it meant being around her even more. As soon as he heard Victoria helped Onew and now he was out of the game, he took it upon himself to elimate themselves in the challenge by pulling his blindfold out. He honestly didn't think of forfeiting like that before Onew did so, taking the chance to do so afterwards and he couldn't have felt more relived by that. His eyes went over to a bag of chips, that was in front of the fruit bowl and grabbed it.

Luna was walking by when she glanced over at Jonghyun just to see how the guy was doing and observed him looking at Taemin eat a bag of chips, the way he was staring at Taemin eat with blinking eyes she could tell he was getting hungry. She didn't wanted to continue the challenge if it meant that he had to suffer, just the thought of his stomach growling made her feel bad. 

Jonghyun looked over to his right and noticed Luna was coming over to where he was, making him wave his hand and even when he had his mouth completely covered, Luna could see he was smiling at her.

''Jonghyun, we're done with the challenge now stop it.'' Luna demanded.

Jonghyun gave her a weird look for demanding something like that which annoyed Luna that he wasn't listening to her. She reached out to grab hold of the ribbon, that was wrapped around Jonghyun's mouth, so she could snatch it out however he grabbed hold of her arm before she could get the ribbon out.

''Jonghyun, what are you doing?!'' Luna frowned. ''Get the ribbon out now!''

Jonghyun shook his head as he placed Luna's arm down, making Luna to place her notes down as she was determined to get the ribbon. Jonghyun could see Luna was in front of him, trying to now grab hold of the ribbon with both hands and he immediately leaned back as he held her hands, trying to stop her from doing so. 

''Alright! Finally a fight!'' Taemin went over to sit at another sofa as he continued to watch the scene with a wide smile.

Everyone else looked over at Taemin when they heard his voice and saw Luna and Jonghyun seemed like they were fighting, could it be the normal Luna was back? Where was the shy and considerate Luna that wouldn't even lay a finger on Jonghyun? The girls glanced at each other before they looked back at the scene, seeing that the old Luna was coming back as they could see she was now getting quite annoyed and angry.

''Jonghyun, let go of me!'' Luna angrily demanded as she tried to pull her hands back but he continued to hold her wrists, trying to push her away so she couldn't pull the ribbon.

''What's going on here?'' Victoria rushed over to where Luna was and pulled her back. ''Luna, why are you fighting with Jonghyun?''

''I want him to stop this challenge but he isn't listening to me!'' Luna glared at Jonghyun.

''But why do you want him to stop?'' Sulli asked with curiosity, everyone else was wondering the same thing.

''I clearly know you're hungry!'' Luna was angry that he was even stopping her. ''Why are you letting yourself go through this?!''

Jonghyun pointed to his stomach then shook his head, trying to convey that he wasn't hungry at all but Luna wasn't stupid plus she knew him too well by now. The food loving idiot wasn't hungry for the first time in his life? That's hard to believe, greed for food and overconsumption was practically what the guy was known for in this house and the only time he didn't eat was when she and he had a rocky atmosphere due to the fact that she had slapped him out of jealously yet there wasn't anything bad going on at all now so what could make him not want to eat this time? Even after hearing from her that she wanted him to stop, he didn't so what could the reason be for him to continue the challenge?

Luna frowned as she got hold of her notes in one hand and grabbed Jonghyun's wrist with the other. ''We need to talk now!''

Everyone watched Luna drag Jonghyun into her room in an annoyed state and they all looked at each other, it was obvious that she really cares for him. Just listening to what she last said about him being hungry and how she didn't wanted him to go through it, she was prioritising him over the letters that were written by her friends and family with words of love and longing to see her yet to sacrifice it all for someone who she knew less but mattered just as much as they did to her, it was becoming clear to some of the members that maybe Luna's love for Jonghyun was deeper than they had originally expected it to be. They all saw a last glimpse of Luna pulling Jonghyun into her room before she closed the door shut, there was a small part that wondered whether they should eavesdrops or not but if they did it right in front of her door then it would be obvious what they were doing.

''Sulli, can I go to your room?'' Krystal wanted to eavesdrop and Luna's room was in the middle of Amber's and Sulli's. ''If not then can I go to your room, Amber?''

''If you're going in there to eavesdrop then I'll tell you that you won't hear much.'' Amber warned her. ''But be my guest and try it out if you want.''

''Wait for me!'' Victoria was nosy to listen too.

''Actually let me join too, I'm curious.'' Amber chuckled as she followed the two ladies.

''Me too!'' Sulli giggled as she walked after them.

The four girls quickly went inside Amber's room and placed their ear against the wall, hoping to hear what was going on however they couldn't hear much apart from some muttering going on however none of the conversation could be heard, which caused them to sigh as they stood up.

''Argh, I was really interested in knowing what was going on!'' Krystal pouted.

''But it does prove Luna does like Jonghyun for real now.'' Amber smiled.

''Before dinner, I want all of us to have a girls only discussion in my room.'' Victoria looked at the other girls. ''I wanted to talk about a few things including Luna's feelings.''

''Are you just going to confront her about it?'' Krystal asked. ''Cause if you are then it really isn't going to work, she'll deny it.''

''Plus I don't want to scare her into thinking that now we all know then she would not interact much with Jonghyun to hide it.'' Amber pointed out.

''Oh no, we can't do that.'' Sulli agreed. ''I like how Luna is caring about Jonghyun, it would be a shame for her to hide it away.''

Victoria glanced at Sulli's facial expression after she said her sentence, she appeared sad. Sulli thought about her partner and how he would always try to go away from her, she would hate for Luna to act the same towards Jonghyun especially since she now had feelings for him and to see someone, who was so in love, to now do whatever they can to go away from him, she knew it would be painful for Jonghyun to handle. She knew the pain very well and wouldn't want anyone else to go through it, she could just imagine Jonghyun questioning himself what could he have done for Luna to go away from him a million times like she was doing.

''Rather than confronting, we will encourage her to be speak out more to Jonghyun.'' Victoria smiled. ''I thnk the only person, who doesn't know about her feelings at this point, must only be him.''

''It's funny how things have changed, she wouldn't stop hitting him and yelling at him and now she can't bear to see the guy hungry and always takes care of him.'' Amber chuckled as she shook her head. ''Love sure is a crazy thing.''

Amber looked into her situation, if you would tell her that her crush, who she had a hateful relationship with and they couldn't stop arguing with each other, were going to be together then she would have thought you were crazy but now looking at how things were progressing, that crazy thing had happened. Love sure is a crazy thing, she smiled as she recalled the sweet things he would do for her. Although they were hiding their relationship from everyone, she couldn't lie when she found it a little exciting as if no one was knowing what they were doing.

Krystal found herself thinking about her partner after hearing what Amber last said, she couldn't help but smile at the progression she and her partner had been through. From hating each other's guts and not even being able to be near each other without an argument to now getting along with each other and not wanting to be away from each other, she didn't know why but there was a part of her that felt like Minho too felt the same feeling she had for him but the question was how exactly could she know for sure?

''I'll head out, Key probably needs my help.'' Amber left to see how Key was doing, the other girls following behind her.

 

Luna slammed her notes down on her desk before she took her notepad and pen out, giving it over to Jonghyun, who was confused, but still took them in his hands.

''I want you to write down what you want to say, if you're not going to listen to me when I told you to take the ribbon out.'' Luna said to him as she sat down on her bed. ''Sit down on the chair first.''

Jonghyun held the pen and notepad in his hands as he sat down, curious to know what Luna had to say to him. This was a rare occassion where she had brought him over to her room though but he decided not to focus on that right now so he looked over back at Luna to show him that he was waiting for her to start speaking.

''Jonghyun, I want you to stop this challenge.'' Luna demanded as she crossed her arms. ''I know you're hungry, I can see right through you and I know you long enough to know it by now.''

She watched him write something on the notepad before she showed him what he wrote. \Luna I'm fine, I'm not hungry./

''You're lying to me.'' Luna frowned, it was obvious he was lying. ''Don't even try to hide it, Jonghyun.''

Jonghyun's eyebrow furrowed as he wrote on the notepad. \I said I'm fine right? So trust me!/

''You're quitting that challenge now!'' Luna ordered. ''Take that ribbon off now!''

Jonghyun was now frowning. \No!/

''Why?'' Luna angrily asked. ''Why do you want to continue this?''

Rather than writing up his answer on the notepad, Jonghyun just proceeded to stand up and make his way out of Luna's bedroom which caused her to be even more annoyed that he was being like this but she now saw a gotten opportunity to get them out of this challenge once and for all. As his focus was no where near the ribbon, Luna proceeded to run a little faster towards Jonghyun's back and once she was near him, she immediately proceeded to grab that ribbon and pulled it out of his head. Jonghyun gasped at how quick she had snatched the ribbon off his head before he turned around and frowned at her.

''Jonghyun is out of the game!'' Mr.Kim's voice echoed in the living room, making some of the members to come out of their room to see if it was true or not.

''Damn it, Luna!'' Jonghyun was not pleased. ''You forcefully gotten me out of that challenge even though I told you that I wanted to continue it!''

''Now you can go eat so what's the problem?'' Luna crossed her arms.

''I haven't eaten for two hours, big deal!'' Jonghyun scoffed. ''Because of you, we got eliminated from this challenge.''

Everyone watched Jonghyun storm ahead towards his room before he closed the door, everyone wondered whether Jonghyun was actually angry or not including Luna, who was now biting her bottom lip as she was unsure of what she did. She only did it for him but now he was upset with her, making her start to regret what she just did.

''Are you okay?'' Amber asked.

''I.....'' Luna wondered if she did the right thing or not?

Victoria saw this was a perfect opportunity to host another girls' only conversation meeting she had been thinking of setting up, the only thing was when but this incident covered that element. She gestured all of the girls, who were standing near her, to go to her room before she walked over to Luna, who was still staring at Jonghyun's bedroom door.

''Luna, come with me.'' Victoria held her arm around Luna, taking her into her room.

''Everyone?'' Luna looked and saw all the girls were here. ''What's going on?''

''I've been wanting to do a girls' only catch up session so here we are.'' Victoria smiled as she sat down on her bed. ''Come on, you all can sit on the bed.''

Luna sighed as she sat down on the bed yet her thoughts were only on Jonghyun, was he angry with her? She recalled how he frowned and looked annoyed with her, seeing her love look at her with angry eyes was quite scary. She always saw him in a happy go lucky light and whenever he looked angry, she knew she couldn't push it with him. When he was angry, it meant serious business so that means she was in the wrong then right? But was she when the reason she eliminated them was so that she could eat? He claims two hours isn't a long time for him to not eat yet she's never seen him not eat for longer than an hour at most even if it was a snack, the guy was always munching on something.

''Luna.'' Amber held Luna's shoulder. ''We all saw what you did and to be honest, I would have done the same thing you would have done.''

''Really?'' Luna felt relieved that someone else thought the same thing she did.

''You did it cause you care about him, it wasn't for your own selfish reason.'' Krystal reminded her, trying to help her not feel bad about her decision. ''It's obvious you really care about him, you wanted the guy to eat isn't it?''

''Have you told him about the reason?'' Victoria asked to which Luna nodded her head. ''We know you've told him that you wanted him to eat but that's not the reason I meant. Did you tell him you did it cause you care for him?''

''Yeah I care for him like you all care for your partners isn't it?'' Luna cleared . ''It's not abnormal to care about our partners, even if it's a little bit.''

''That's not what I meant besides stop trying to cover it up.'' Victoria rolled her eyes. ''You like him, don't you?''

''Like who?'' Luna tried to not look obvious.

''Let's not play dumb now.'' Sulli giggled at Luna's attempt. ''You like Jonghyun right?''

''W-What? No!'' Luna shook her head vigorously. ''Whoever gave you that stupid idea?''

The four girls laughed at Luna's obvious attempt to deny her feelings. ''You did!''

''Me?!'' Luna blinked her eyes twice before she shook her head a couple of times. ''When did I even do that?!''

''You know Luna, your feelings are obvious when you're with Jonghyun but when you try to deny your feelings, it's even more obvious.'' Krystal teased.

''I don't like him!'' Luna tried to sound convincing.

''How long are you going to act?'' Amber raised her eyebrow. ''It's literally obvious!''

''Name one incident that made it obvious!'' Luna demanded as she crossed her arms.

''Why did you eliminated you and Jonghyun off the challenge?'' Victoria smirked, she could name a lot of them but the most recent one was ever so convincing. ''Can you remind us why?''

''He was hungry right? But that's him, what about you?'' Amber acted dumb as she continued to question Luna. ''You could clearly eat so why would his hunger affect you?''

''I don't want my partner to die out of starvation.'' Luna rolled her eyes.

''And if he was starving then he would have sacrificed himself like Taemin did.'' Victoria pointed out. ''I was surprised that you eliminated your own team rather than him.''

''You really like him that much, don't you?'' Krystal smiled. ''Even a glimpse of his hunger was unbearable to you, my oh my your feelings for him must be quite strong.''

''I don't like him!'' Luna repeated the same lie.

''Quit pretending already, it's tiresome.'' Amber groaned. ''Anyway I've got the perfect chance to help you out with the Luna and Jonghyun love story!''

''What is it?'' Sulli asked in excitement.

''Tomrrow is his birthday.'' Amber informed, making Luna to blink her eyes as she wasn't aware of this. ''Key told me, I didn't know either and the upcoming birthday boy didn't make it obvious either. He's been surprisingly quiet about it.''

''You've got to do something for him!'' Krystal encouraged Luna.

''Why don't you do something music related for him?'' Sulli suggested.

''A song for him would be good!'' Victoria had a wide smile on her face. ''A song that shows your feelings for him!''

''I---'' Luna was interrupted.

''We all know you like him!'' Amber gave her a look. ''Don't lie to us about not liking him now.''

''You all?'' Luna blinked her eyes.

''Except for Jonghyun himself!'' Krystal pointed out.

''He's so oblivious, the guy doesn't get a single hint.'' Amber face-palmed herself.

''And tomorrow will be the perfect way to let him know about them!'' Sulli was excited.

''But....'' Luna was scared.

She thought about the idea to convey her feelings for her partner through her song yet started to feel nervous over a couple of things. What if he rejected her? What if things between them now went awkward? What if he didn't wanted to be around her after knowing about her feelings? What if he didn't see her that way at all? It would be horrible to go through challenges together as partners with an awkward atmosphere and nothing much said to each other.

''You never know until you try, Luna!'' Amber encouraged her not to be scared.

''Not everyone will be lucky to have the college's musician write a song about them, in fact I'll be quite jealous of him!'' Sulli pouted. ''I wish I got someone to write a song about me.''

''You don't want to stay like this forever right?'' Krystal asked her. ''Don't you want to progress the Jonghyun and Luna love story? Don't you want some romance to happen already? Don't you want to be in his arms and be called his?''

''Yeah after the song, he'll probably be like...'' Amber cleared before she changed her voice into a guy's voice. ''I love you, Luna!''

''And she'll say ''I love you too Jonghyun!'' and then it will be a happily ever after.'' Sulli giggled.

Victoria placed her finger against Luna's cheek, causing her to look at Victoria with a confused look. ''See! Your red cheeks are burning, a clear sign of blushing!''

''Whatever.'' Luna looked away.

''Don't worry we all haven't said a thing to Jonghyun about your feelings nor are we planning to.'' Victoria assured. ''That's your job to do and his job to figure out even though you've been pretty obvious while the idiot has been very oblivious about it.''

''By how oblivious he is, even if Luna confesses to him in person then he might not understand it the way she means it.'' Amber chuckled. ''He'll probably think she means it in a friend way.''

''You have to take the lead in this!'' Krystal placed her hand on Luna's shoulder.

''I can't wait to hear the song you'll prepare for him tomorrow as his birthday gift.'' Sulli clapped her hands in excitement.

She didn't know that it was Jonghyun's birthday tomorrow, she was thankful that Amber informed her about it otherwise she would have felt terrible about missing out her love's birthday. She had to do something special for him and she was kinda thankful that the girls gave her the perfect suggestion, she actually forgotten about her musical ablities during this conversation they were having. She could create a song for him but to write it with love, she wouldn't lie when she found herself nervous to do so. It's not like she never wrote a love song before but those weren't written from her personal experience as she's never had one but now things were different, she was going to write a love song for her partner and about her feelings she had for him. Her mind started to play images and moments of Jonghyun, oh how handsome did he look when he smiled so happily, how mischievous he was when he played pranks like he does best yet how scary he looked when he was angry with her and currently he was angry with her, this realisation made her smile disappear.

''What's wrong?'' Victoria noticed Luna looked like she was down about something.

''I think Jonghyun's angry with me cause I eliminated us out of the challenge.'' Luna sighed. ''Will he even talk to me anymore?''

''Luna, this is Jonghyun we are talking about.'' Krystal gave her a look. ''The guy's never gotten angry for longer than a minute, heck I haven't seen him angry more than three times and that's saying something.''

''Even when you used to hit him, he never gotten angry over it.'' Amber reminded. ''Not even once.''

''I think you should apologise to him but after that, I think you two will be fine.'' Victoria nodded her head.

''To be honest, I can see where he is coming from.'' Sulli spoke out. ''Maybe he wanted those letters from his friends and family really badly hence why he was trying?''

Luna's eyes immediately blinked as Sulli's words made her realise that maybe it was because of those letters, he was trying so hard to get them and with Luna eliminating them by force, he couldn't get what he wanted. She didn't look into his side and whether or not, he may wanted those letters. She shouldn't have assumed that he didn't wanted them. She groaned as she got her hands over her face, she felt like an idiot to not think about this in the long run. She only considered his hunger, a short term element but not the letters, a long term element that he could have used to read whenever he missed his friends and family.

''You're right Sulli.'' Luna sighed. ''I didn't think about his letters at all, now I feel terrible for forcefully getting him out of the game. I've got to apologise to him.''

''Do it after dinner!'' Victoria got out of her bed. ''Get everyone to the dining table, it's dinner time!''

''I'll help you get the dishes on the table.'' Sulli followed after Victoria.

 

Everyone was sitting around the dinner table, eating their dinner except for Onew which made Victoria crossed as he had been telling her to give him five more minutes for the last fifteen minutes, seeing that most of the members were halfway done with their dinner. She got up to get hold of the guy, knocking on his door before opening it to see her partner had a lot of books opened as he continued to write some notes down and read the book, in his hand, further on.

''Onew, it's time for dinner!'' Victoria reminded once again.

''Five more minutes, please.'' Onew quickly requested as he continued to write some more notes down.

Victoria frowned at his behaviour, she could understand why he was focusing on his studies a lot but this was no excuse to neglect his health and not eat as much as one should. She could just imagine him focusing too much on his studies to the point that he gets ill and if he couldn't perform to the best of his abilities due to his terrible health then he would have blamed himself for the bad grades he might get.

''Now means now!'' Victoria pulled his arm to get him to stand up.

''Victoria, give me five more minutes.'' Onew sighed.

''You've been saying that for the past fifteen minutes!'' Victoria refused to give in to his requests anymore. ''Now come on, we can't have you neglect your health for your studies!''

Onew sighed as he gave up trying to study more and placed his book down. He stood up and allowed Victoria to pull him out of his room to the dinner table. She grabbed hold of his plate and placed some food on it before she placed it back in front of him. They all glanced over at Onew eating it a bit too quickly, probably trying to finish his food as fast as he could to go back to studying.

Key smiled at the scene, he could tell that Victoria does care for Onew and is a key pillar for him to help him not go overboard with his obsession to do well in his education. His focus went over to his girlfriend, who got hold of the spoon and placed it near his mouth. He happily smiled at her at how openly she was feeding him, feeling quite thankful that they could be more affectionate like this and not make anyone suspicious of their relationship. He wasn't that unhappy to get the body as the part he wasn't allowed to move since that meant Amber had to be around him constantly and he liked it. 

''Feeling like a prince?'' Amber grumbled as she held the spoon in front of his mouth, she was practically like his slave for the day.

''Why a prince? I feel like a king!'' Key ate the food with a big wide smile. *You fed me for the first time, it tastes even more delicious.*

Luna watched Amber feed Key and sort of felt jealous that she could get away with doing something adorable like that with her partner, she wished she could do the same with hers. She glanced over at him eating the food happily and hoped that maybe now he was over the previous situation yet wasn't too sure as they have not spoken a single word to each other so far. She recalled Jonghyun coming over to the dinner table when everyone was already here and just sat down on the table before he got straight into eating. His behaviour didn't seem awkward at all so it meant that they were fine right? Then why wasn't he talking to her? She silently groaned as she wanted this dinner to pass by quickly so she could have a word with him.

''Alright I'm done!'' Onew stood up.

''Are you sure you've ate enough?'' Victoria asked with a frown. ''I don't want to see you looking ill in there!''

''Victoria's right, give yourself fifteen minutes to eat and just relax as a break.'' Sulli agreed.

''By the records you've had, we're all sure that you won't become anything less than the top student once again.'' Key assured, everyone believed Onew was going to be first again.

''Thanks for the support but I need to get back to my studies, it's important.'' Onew grabbed his plate over to the kitchen to clean it.

Victoria sighed as she watched him go into the kitchen, to clean his dish, with a worried expression on her face. She didn't like this behaviour of his and hoped that he wasn't going to deteriorate his well being. He was working so hard to be the top student with perfect grades and she internally wished for it to come true, she could tell he really wanted it to happen and when someone wants something to really happen and works hard to achieve it then she believes their aspirations will come true. Victoria watched Onew hurry out of the kitchen to go back into his room to study and took a mental note to look after him. While he may not look after himself and his health, she wasn't going to be doing the same to him. She was determined to check up on him from time to time to see how he was doing.

*I'll be there for you!* Victoria vowed to make sure Onew was healthy.

Taemin was feeling awkward as his partner was sitting right opposite him and after seeing Onew was gone from the table plus Taemin felt like he ate enough, he stood up and walked over to the kitchen with his plate. Sulli noticed Minho and Krystal were starting to get up as well but her thoughts went over to her partner and his lack of preparation in his studies. She recalled everyone, apart from Jonghyun and Taemin, were writing up notes whereas Amber was writing up notes for her and Key to share and knew after this challenge, Key would start writing up his own notes and studying. There were plans to study together as a group and she could see everyone attending, apart from Onew and Taemin. For Onew, she had no worries over but for Taemin, she was quite worried with him as he was just wasting valuable time in doing nothing and felt scared that he could end up failing his exams and his future. She had to help him out with his studies even though he will push her away, she wasn't going to allow him to do nothing.

''I can't do this anymore.'' Key groaned, he really wanted to stretch his arms and legs. ''I feel so numb, I wanna stretch my arms and legs!''

''Then just stand up and quit it.'' Amber replied, proceeding to eat her food afterwards.

''Can I?'' Key asked with a smile. ''Promise you won't be mad?''

''I've been doing nothing but looking after you and doing everything for you so I wouldn't be mad over not doing it anymore.'' Amber let out a sigh. ''In fact I will be very pleased that I can finally stop doing so.''

''If you say it like that then I feel like maybe I should continue to get more services from you.'' Key smirked before he chuckled when he saw Amber glare at him.

''You better stand up before I make you do it!'' Amber frowned.

''Alright fine.'' Key chuckled as he finally got to stand up. ''I'm out!''

''Congratulations Minho and Krystal, you two have won the challenge and will get your letters soon.'' Mr.Kim announced.

Minho was walking beside Krystal after cleaning their dishes and had not even heard the announcement whereas Krystal had a wide smile as she was relieved they won. To be honest it wasn't that hard to manage Minho and his lack of hearing, maybe that was why they won as she felt theirs and Jonghyun and Luna's challenge were the least complicated ones. She looked over at Minho and saw he still had his headgear on, making her chuckle as he had no idea.

''Minho!'' Krystal placed her hand on his shoulder, turning him to face her.

Minho looked at her giggling and wondered what was so funny? Did he miss out on a funny joke? Did something amusing happened just now? He watched Krystal place her hands on the headgear and was about to take it out when he placed his hands on top of hers, trying to stop her from doing so as he thought she was trying to sacrifice their easy win.

''We need to continue the challenge.'' Minho refused.

Krystal's focus went over to his hands and how they were on top of his, liking the physical touch of their hands but she sighed over what he said just to her. He probably still thought they were doing the challenge and she was trying to sacrifice their win, making her shake her head before she took her hands out and pointed to her lips. She was trying to indicate to him to watch her lips.

''We have won!'' Krystal exaggerated her lips, trying to make him read what she was saying.

Minho looked at her as he was confused on what she was trying to say and Key rolled his eyes at the guy, making him to stand up behind Minho and pull one of the headgear cover off the guy's ear.

''YOU'VE ALREADY WON SO YOU CAN STOP NOW!'' Key yelled in Minho's ear, causing him to tightly close his eyes and place his hands over his ears.

''YA watch it, you don't want to make me deaf for real do you?'' Minho glared at him after getting the headgear out of his head.

''You were refusing to let go of the headgear, do you want to continue being deaf for your whole life rather than only a day?'' Key raised his eyebrow, walking back to Amber.

''I was trying to tell you we won but you wouldn't let go of the headgear.'' Krystal chuckled as she shook her head.

''It feels good to hear.'' Minho widely smiled as he stretched his arms.

''And to stretch my body!'' Key stretched his arms once again, feeling relieved to use his body once again.

 

Krystal sat down outside the garden area alone as she looked up to see the night sky, the stars were twinkling and the full moon was shining it's light. She placed her head on top of her arms, which were crossed on top of her knees, and continued to look up at the sky. Her thoughts wondered off on it's own pace into the progression of her individual journey she shared in this mansion, the time felt like it went by so quickly and while once she did wish to leave this place soon, now she was finding herself to like being here and sighed as she knew one day they will have to leave from here. That day didn't seem like it was going to take long, everyone knows exams were a sign of the academic year coming to an end so that meant they were all going to leave from here too, it was just no one knew exactly when they were going to get out of here. Sure she missed her friends and family but she felt like the nine other members she spent almost a year with, was now like her second friend group and she wouldn't lie when she said she was pretty used to seeing them on a daily basis, it would be a weird change when she didn't see them on a daily basis especially her partner Minho.

Oh how she couldn't stand him and couldn't wait to one up him before, she would always try to make things difficult for him and seeing him angry was just a joy for him then Paris happened and things changed drastically. His glaring eyes, which she took upon as a sign of anger and was a joy for her to see was now a mesmerising sight to her, it felt like he was staring deep into her soul. She wondered how would she even progress things with him once they all left the mansion? With their remaining time in here starting to count down, she was starting to feel pressured over her feelings that were screaming for Minho. She wasn't completely sure if he liked her but she did seem positive about it since she recalled the time in the airport, he wouldn't let go of her hand nor be away from her.

*You have to take the lead in this!* The sentence, she said to Luna about being more upfront about her feelings, started to play in her head.

It was making sense that in some way, Luna's situation was sort of similar to hers. While Krystal didn't have an oblivious partner, she too had to change the way she had been handling things if she wanted to have some progression with her partner. Could he like her? She wondered as she gotten hold of a flower and picked on one of the petals.

''He likes me...he likes me not.'' Krystal took two of the petals before she proceed to take the last three out. ''He likes me...he likes me not....he likes me!''

Krystal had a wide smile after she took out the last flower petal, maybe there could be something between her and Minho like she wanted? It's funny when she recalls all the time she argued with him, she didn't really get why they didn't get along that much at the start. She had to be more upfront about her feelings now and take charge of it if she was going to make it happen with Minho.

''Krystal!'' Krystal's back immediately straightened.

''Minho?'' Krystal looked to her right and saw Minho was standing near her.

''What are you doing here alone?'' Minho asked her, who immediately started to change the way she sat by putting her two legs in front and her hands placed behind her.

''I just wanted some fresh air.'' Krystal smiled at him as she watched him sit down next to her. ''Minho, I think we're going to leave from here soon.''

''We are?'' Minho asked, surprised with what he heard.

''I feel it.'' Krystal nodded her head. ''After the exams, it's going to be the end of the academic year so that means we're all going to get out of here....it will be weird not seeing everyone on a daily basis.''

''I know, we've all shared so much memories in a single year.'' Minho sighed as he thought about it more. ''It will be strange not having to hear everyone and see their daily antics.''

''All the challenges all of us had to do, it will be weird not to go through it again.'' Krystal pouted, she quite liked doing them with Minho. ''Not going through another one with you will feel like I haven't finished my day yet.''

''Yeah, I was quite enjoying my time with you.'' Minho smiled. ''My partner aka the spoilt brat and daddy's little girl.''

''I used to hate it when you called me those names before.'' Krystal chuckled along. ''But now it doesn't bother me much, it's sort of like my special nicknames.''

''Man, just thinking of the times when I called you those names as we argued on and on.'' Minho shook his head as he laughed. ''We really didn't like each other back then right?''

''And when we had to be stuck with each other because of the superglue, that was some kind of unique experience.'' Krystal laughed. ''You even missed your first P.E class because of me....for that, I'm sorry!''

''That was the first and only time I've ever missed a P.E. class, you're the first person that made me miss out on it.'' Minho smiled. 

''You missing out on a P.E. class is like Onew missing out on a class and studying, it's very rare.'' Krystal smiled back as she looked ahead.

''Yeah, I guess you're the lucky person for making something so rare happen.'' Minho placed his hand back to lean back.

Minho mistakenly placed his hand on Krystal's hand, making both of them look at each other befor they looked away yet Minho still didn't take his hand back. In fact, he felt like becoming more brave and held her hand instead. Although the back of her head was facing Minho, she had a wide smile on her face. It really felt like maybe Minho did like her and if so then could the progression of their love happen right now?

''You know Krystal, I'm really going to miss you when we leave from here.'' Minho confessed as he looked down on the ground.

''I'm really going to miss you too.'' There was no denying the bitter truth, Krystal glanced over at Minho's face to see his facial expression. ''But we can still spend some time together after we get out of here plus we all go to the same school so we can see each other again.''

''Promise me that you'll hang out with me even after we leave?'' Minho held his pinky finger out.

''Promise!'' Krystal wrapped her pinky finger around his, making him to do so too.

''Don't you break it, I will hold it against you if you do.'' Minho smiled as he let go of the pinky finger bond before he picked a flower and held it in front of her.

''Thank you.'' Krystal smiled as she held it, her heart was skipping a beat right now. ''Isn't it pretty?''

''Not more prettier than you.'' Minho complimented as he stared at her.

Krystal's eyes immediately went wide for a second before she blinked twice after hearing her partner compliment her, she glanced over at his face and saw he was staring at her. She smiled at him before she quickly looked away, hoping that he didn't see her blushing face but her mood was higher than cloud nine at this point. Maybe her love story with Minho was closer to becoming complete than she originally thought it was and honestly she felt like tonight was giving her all the proof she needed about his feelings, heck she didn't even have to work for it at all. Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt Minho's hand intertwined around her hand, making her look at their hands connected before she looked at him.

''Can we stay like this for a little while?'' Minho gave her a smile with hopeful eyes, making her nod her head. ''Thank you.''

*No, thank you Minho!* Krystal had a wide smile on her face. *I knew it, Minho likes me too!*

Minho was pretty happy, in fact he was so happy that he felt like he was higher than cloud nine right now. The girl he was in love with was here with him alone and the beautiful scenary of the night sky was making this night even more memorable, seeing how Krystal didn't act awkward about his romantic attempts and was accepting all of them, it felt like maybe she too had feelings for him like he did with her. He quickly glanced at her face before he looked up at the sky, feeling relieved that she didn't catch him looking at her face and saw that she was smiling. So far everything seemed positive and with the realisation that their time in the mansion was ending soon, he felt like he had to know where he stood in Krystal's heart so he could secure things with her before they all had to leave from here.

 

Luna had to apologise to him, she was in the wrong even though her intention was right. She sighed as she stood in front of Jonghyun's door before she proceeded to knock on it and anxiously waited when she didn't hear a reply. Could he not be answering the door because he knew that it was her at the door? She got even more anxious over that thought however Jonghyun opened the door, making her recent assumption to be wrong.

''Luna?'' Jonghyun looked at her with a raised eyebrow. ''What are you doing here?''

''Can we talk?'' Luna nervously asked.

''Sure!'' Jonghyun held the door for her to come inside.

Luna entered inside the guy's bedroom and ignored the messy state it was in, she was more concerned with how she was going to apologise to him. She stood in front of him as she held her hands together and blinked her eyes, trying to muster up the courage to apologise to him.

''I-I'm sorry.'' Luna had an apologetic look on her face. ''I messed up, I got us eliminated from our challenge so carelessly. I was concerned about your health and thought you were hungry hence why I assumed it was best to just sacrifice our challenge, I didn't consider your part of the letters as to why you may be working so hard for it.''

''I don't care about the challenge.'' Jonghyun chuckled as he sat down on his chair. ''That wasn't why I was angry.''

''You weren't mad because of that?'' Luna blinked her eyes. ''But what about your letters? Wasn't that why you were working so hard for it?''

''I was doing that for you so you could get them.'' Jonghyun ruffled his hair. ''I assumed you wanted them so I worked for it but I was annoyed because I wanted to win! Kim Jonghyun doesn't really like to lose and I would have liked to lose by our own fault rather than our own self-sabotage.''

Luna's eyes went wider when the realisation hit her that part of the reason he was doing the challenge was for her to get her part of the letters so that meant he was doing it for her too. She had a smile on her face, could this mean that Jonghyun cares about her too? But her smile disappeared when she realised he didn't care for his letters, why was that?

''Why don't you care for the letters you'll get from your friends and family?'' Luna wondered as she got closer to him.

''You can sit here.'' Jonghyun got off his chair so Luna could sit down whereas he sat down on his bed. ''Knowing my friends, they wouldn't write much while my mom would be the only one writing me the letter properly but then again I can always see her after we get out of here.''

Luna looked down on the ground, they weren't going to be in here forever and that was a fact. She was already getting quite attached to her partner and felt sad that they were going to part their ways once they leave from here but then again if they became lovers then at least they could still be around each other right? What the girls said about her being more upfront was right, how long was she going to play it safe regarding her feelings. If she wanted things to happen between them then she had to be more upfront about it.

''Luna, what's up?'' Jonghyun noticed she was thinking.

''I need to go, I've got something to do!'' Luna walked out of Jonghyun's room to prepare for his birthday gift.

Luna noticed the time and saw that it was fifteen minutes away from the day officially becoming Jonghyun's birthday, she was determined to be the first one to wish him happy birthday. In the mean time, she could start preparing for the song she was going to sing for him tomorrow, it wouldn't be quick but if she could sacrifice a few hours of sleep for her love so she could dedicate her feelings for him then it will be worth it.

 

Key silently chuckled as he wrapped his arm around Amber's waist whilst they got out of her bedroom, they had been in there for the past two hours both studying their notes and spending some quality time together like couples do. Amber had a wide smile on her face as she was so happy to be with Key, he made her feel so happy and she couldn't imagine being with anyone else. It was funny how two enemies were this great of a pair of lovers. She stood at her door as she placed her hands on Key's cheeks, leaning closer to kiss them and a part of her didn't wanted Key to go back to his bedroom. Key turned around to head over to his bedroom but noticed Amber was following him.

''I just wanted to drop you over to your door.'' Amber didn't wanted to be away from him right now.

''Missing me already?'' Key chuckled. ''I haven't even left yet.''

''I can't help it.'' Amber groaned.

Key was about to hug her but immediately slightly pushed her away instead, causing Amber to look at him with confusion as to why he did that and saw that he was staring at his bedroom's direction. She looked to see what he was looking at and saw Taemin had just gotten out of his bedroom, stretching his arms and his eyes went over to Key and Amber.

''Amber?'' Taemin noticed the two were next to each other in the living room, that was dark due to the lights that were turned off. ''Key?''

''Hey!'' Both of them immediately greeted.

''What are you two doing out here in the dark?'' Taemin had his bedroom lights on and could see that it was them, he was curious as to why they were out in the dark.

''I was out to get some water, that's all.'' Amber quickly lied.

''Yeah and I was going to the toilet but noticed Amber, we were just greeting each other.'' Key tried to come up with a convincing story.

''Ah anyway I wanted to go to the toilet too---'' Taemin was interrupted.

''You can go first!'' Key immediately offered. ''I can wait, I'm not desperate for it.''

''Thanks.'' Taemin walked towards the bathroom, leaving the two alone.

''Oh my god, that was close.'' Amber sighed as she ran her hand through her hair.

''We got lucky, don't worry.'' Key held her hand with a smile.

Before Amber could say anything, they both heard Luna's door opening as she got out and they immediately let go of their hands. They were nervous to even get anyone suspicious of them and stood a little bit away from each other.

''Hey guys.'' Luna quickly greeted as she walked towards Jonghyun's door, she didn't think anything about Key and Amber being together.

Jonghyun opened the door when he heard it being knocked on it again and saw it was Luna at the door again. 

''Guys, join me!'' Luna gestured for Key and Amber to come stand with her, making them do so. ''Happy Birthday, Jonghyun!''

Key and Amber smiled as they clapped along and sang to Jonghyun with Luna. ''Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to Jonghyun! Happy Birthday to you!''

Jonghyun had a smile as his eyes closed into a cute eye-smile shape, pleased to see some of the members singing him a happy birthday song. He hadn't been very vocal about tomorrow being his birthday and was quite surprised to know some of the members knew. ''How did you know?''

''You can't hide anything from me!'' Key grinned.

''Why didn't you tell us it was your birthday?'' Luna frowned at him.

''I didn't think too much about it.'' Jonghyun chuckled. ''But thank you so much!''

''Don't thank us just yet.'' Amber smiled. ''Tomorrow is the celebration where we will have a special performance dedicated just for you, we hope you'll like it.''

Amber placed her hand on Luna's shoulder as she mentioned about the special performance, making Luna nervous whilst she gave Jonghyun a soft smile. She trusted herself to sing her heart out tomorrow as she got more confident to start giving out hints about her feelings for the birthday boy.

''A special performance just for me eh?'' Jonghyun smirked as he was flattered but had no clue over what the performance could be. ''I can't wait!''

Seeing Jonghyun smirk like that made Luna's heart skip a couple of beats, how could someone look so charming and fascinating by doing nothing but smirking? His handsome looks were to die for but it was his personality that completely captured him into her heart, maybe the song wouldn't take so long as her feelings were already deep and expressive so she would be writing those lyrics and making that song so easily right?


Author-Nim= Thank you all very much for reading chapter 62 and do let me know how you found the chapter.


I would also like to thank these amazing subscribers that subscribed to this story!