Fixed Star

BlueBloods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Listen to: INFINITE "Fixed Star"

Kara

"Angel I have something to tell you."

Kara rolled over and faced him, her eyes curious as a child's.

" I have to... Go with my Dad to the states for a while... He needs me for some business deal."

Her face fell as her eyes looked downcast.

"Oh. Um... How long?"

"A month."

"Wow... That's... Pretty long."
She swallowed as she spoke.

"I'm sorry. I really am. But my I owe my Dad. He always gives in, he does everything he can for me. This is a rare favor he's asking. I think it's my duty to fulfill his wishes. I really wanted to object but... We both know it's my duty. I would really prefer to stay here with you. And I would love to be able to bring you along. But we both know you have to stay in school and learn. Your education is really important. I really wished I could find away to make us stay together... But I can't. I'm so sorry Angel. But it's just a month. We'll get through it. We just have to trust each other, stay connected. I'm sure we won't be that far away. After all, we'll always be in each other's hearts, right?"

"It's just... Sudden. We were having such a great time, and now... I have to wake up to an empty bed in the mornings. I would have to ride in the car alone. I can't rest my head on your lap and let you play with my hair. I can't ask you to help me check my homework... But then you're right. We've been very fortunate and been given so much. The least we can do is sacrifice just four weeks of our own happiness for our parents. We have duties."

She sighed and hugged him.

"I'm going to miss you so much."

He lay with her in the silence and her hair. 

"Look at those stars that you've made for me. You'll always be my fixed star. Whether or not we're together, as long as we're under the same sky, as long as we see the same stars, we'll be together. When I look at the stars from the western skies, I'll be looking at you. When you're looking at the night sky, it's me. As long as we can see each other in the skies, we'll be together."

He pressed his lips onto her head. And then he leaned down and whispered into her ear.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter