Epilogue: Storm

BlueBloods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AGAIN YOU MUST LISTEN TO: B.A.P "Coma"

Miles away the storm rages on, the murky, dark, deep waters of the sea pushing and pulling. The sky is ablaze with lighting, and the strikes are accompanied by the loud claps of thunder. The current is strong, the waves hit the rocks with such magnificent force that they rise to form walls before they fall back into the sea in large splashes. The sky pours, the large raindrops hitting the surface of the choppy water with loud patters. The sweeping currents a blanket cover the debris of a tragedy that sink lower and lower into the depths of the sea. 

Amidst the storm, a body emerges from the waves. With heavy breaths, with tired limbs, he clings on to his will to survive. The man takes in deep breaths as the rain pours down his face. He's just made it out of the wreckage he had been trapped in. He looks around for any signs of life around him. The lucky ones have been taken to safety. But the unlucky ones remain. Their bodies float around him, their souls gone. He is swimming in a graveyard. He is surrounded by corpses. And he quickly says a prayer as another flash appears in the sky. He has to make it. He has to try. He wishes he could have done something to save those people. But he doesn't even know if he can save himself. He is still in a state of shock. He doesn't believe what he's going through. His body is tired. There is only so much he can physically handle. All he can do is pray. For the souls, for hope. For survival. 

What can he do? Nothing. He wants to be the hero. He wants to help. But he can't even help himself. He looks for any signs of land. 

It's so far away.

And he looks back at the wreckage. He feels something tug at his heart. There are still people in there. And he feels something is missing. There is someone in there. 

He is indecisive, and he doesn't know whether he should follow his instincts to go back, or just keep swimming forward.

JongSuk.

He can't even keep himself alive. But he knows his dearest friend definitely didn't make it out. The seat beside him remained unmoving as he swam out. He is still somewhere there. Whether or not he was alive, the man doesn't  know. He is torn between his choices. Should he bother to try and check? And risk his time? Or should he swim forward and ensure his survival?

And even in the short seconds, the memories of the bond they shared, the friendship they had, replay in his mind. 

He always treated him like a brother, cared for him, respected him, despite the age difference.

He always helped him when he was in need and had problems. He did what he could to solve t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter