Seasons

BlueBloods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Listen to: BIGBANG "Blue"

Kai and Kara

He opened up his eyes to the sounds of birds chirping, the sounds of the morning breeze gently whooshing past his ears. He stretched his arms and rolled over, wanting to relish what little time he had left. 

But something was different. Something lingered in the air. And it wasn't pleasant. He hugged Kara tighter and pulled the blanket over their heads, blocking out the reality they would soon wake up to. A few minutes wouldn't do any harm. 

Something was off. It didn't feel right. The leaves were... Rustling in the treetops. Weird. They usually just went along quietly with the breeze. But now they sounded more rough, more crumpled and more papery. And then suddenly he felt some of the dry plant parts falling over the rooftop of their little treehouse. 

They were used to it now, sleeping in their treehouse on Fridays. It became their special spot, and no one else ever entered.  It was like their very own home, they cleaned it themselves, they polished it themselves. They took care of it like a real home. Kai often spent time sticking up new photos and new sketches, whilst Kara spent lots of time making the place cozy and comfortable. They'd brought in mattresses to sleep on and pillows and quilts to keep them comfortable and warm. 

They'd both enjoyed each other's presence and for the whole summer, they'd done nothing but please each other. They went on many exciting dates, spent lots of time together both indoors and outdoors. They weren't apart for a moment. They spent lots of time with Exo too, at home and at school. Their team had been on a winning streak for soccer and they couldn't be more than happy. They were content with what life was bringing them and couldn't ask for more. 

But summer was coming to an end.

Autumn had come, and the streets were filling up with brown, yellow, red, orange. Leaves were all over the roads, the grass had turned a dull yellow. 

"The seasons pass so quickly... Before we know it, the leaves are falling. They're withering, they're dying."

Kai sighed as he looked out the window. It was true, the summer fun and the warm rays had left. The weather was getting colder and more dry. 

They felt more blue. Maybe it was the fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter