Wealth

BlueBloods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MUST LISTEN: 

-For Kai to kara&kai: INFINITE "Inception"

-from Kai's 2nd part: "Love Is" from The Heirs Ost

 

Kai

Language was a favourite of Kai's. Kai was a poetic kind of man, the kind who was good with words. He expressed himself best with his mouth, and he often enjoyed studying books and literature works. He'd read through the novels with great diligence, to extract as much as he could of the essence of the story and its characters. And he loved that he could lose himself in another world, in someone else's life, in someone else's dreams. In books, he could play the role of a knight, of a peasant, of a hero... anything. Books had no boundaries. There were limitless options and choices.

Kai was quite a dreamer. He'd like to think of himself as imaginative. He often lost himself in his own world in his head. In his head, the world was wonderful. It was clean from all the havock the men wreacked on it. It was safe, it was warm and it was happy. And it was her. He'd often lost himself in dreams where they were married, and they'd grow old and have children. Dreams in which he'd be a proud father to an infant. Dreams where they would take their baby along for strolls in the park. Where they'd attend family day together in their child's nursery. His mind could let him do things that reality restricted. His mind was filled with sunshine the warm rays falling over his skin.

And so when it came to writing, Kai was incredible. His writing came out in strings beautiful language, laced together with emotion, truth and significance. They were strung together by golden thread, expressive and thought-provoking. And they were tied tightly at the finish with deep meaning and memories. He'd especially always taken the effort to pen down a lesson, something for the reader to ponder about, something he or she could relate to. His essays and his poems, everything he wrote was a piece of art.

They were all treasures that he kept, and would enjoy re-reading. He'd remember the thought process, the emotions, the desire to send a message to others in his words. He'd remember the happenings, the environments. And he would feel as if he were re-living in the moment. Feeling the same feelings again, thinking the same things, learning the lessons again.

Language was important to Kai. To him, language was something that he could use to convey his thoughts and his desires. And so he would grasp every opportunity he had to make the best use of it.

 

Kara and Kai

"Over the weekend, I had asked you students to write an essay on one of the most important topics in this society. As wealthy children of powerful parents, money is something that you do not fret over, nor suffer from a lack of. Wealth is something that you own, that you have, that you do not have to desire at all. The reason I had chosen this topic, was for a lot more than what it seemed. The reason I had chosen it, was to have an insight into your mind. Wealth has many meanings, and I wanted to see what wealth meant to you. Unfortunately, to many of you, wealth was first associated with money. And I wouldn't be surprised, coming from your backgrounds. However, I was surprised at your essay Mr Kim JongIn."

The teacher paused, and eyed Kai.

"Your essay was far different than I expected it to be. We all know wealth is the ultimate weapon you would have in a war. I didn't expect this coming from you. Please read it to the class."

Whispering broke out, as many of the students did not expect the teacher to say such a thing. Mr Yoon was often a man of little words outside of the classes he thought, and was also commonly known to enjoy embarrassing students and causing them humiliation by revealing their shoddy work. Kara looked worriedly at Kai, her eyes burning with concern. However, Kai was confident. He'd caught on to his professor's words, and he didn't see his work as an embarrassment. In fact, he'd be sure that if the professor was trying to embarrass him, he would end up being humiliated and ridiculed.

For every single thing that he had written was carefully planned out and reflected upon.

And every single word was gold.

So he took his paper, walked up to the front of the classroom, and stood to face his classmates.

 

Kai

"Wealth.

What is wealth? Well, wealth basically means an abundance of something desirable.

And to many of us here, I am sure that wealth will be immediately associated with money. In fact, in general, wealth does refer to money. Riches. Big houses. Shining cars. Branded clothes.

I would say that to many, I am wealthy. I am rich. I am desirable."

The students looked at him quizzically. Surely he wasn't this air-headed...?

"I own those things and more. Don't I?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter