Fairylights

BlueBloods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MUST Listen to: B2ST "Lights go on again"

 

Kara

"He wanted me to lead you here. Okay sweetie, you can remove the blindfold. This is all for you."

Mrs Kim stood back as she removed the blindfold. She smiled to herself and walked away as Kara stood, completely frozen by the sight that awaited her. 

"You'll find your way to him."

It was the eve of her birthday. And it was late into the night when she'd suddenly woken up to an empty bed and then blindfolded by Mrs Kim and brought to the large open-air balcony on the third storey. The Kim's usually used it for their gatherings or when they had family dinners. It was facing the woods and the gardens, so it had a very forest-dining feel to it.

But new additions had been made.

One piece of the wooden rail had been removed, and in it's place lay an empty space, in which a bridge had been attached. A treetop bridge! Since when had that been built? 

She gasped as she looked ahead. The bridge was beautifully lying in a long, waving path that was well-shaded beneath the trees and the forests. And there were small candles that lit a path through the bridge. She could see the infinite trail of tiny lights that led somewhere she couldn't quite make out. 

A heart-shaped, pastel-colored note hung from a delicate string from the branch above her. And so she took it from the grip of the pin and read it.

"Trust me."

She did. And she took a step onto the bridge.

"1. I couldn't believe I didn't know you then. I was seriously missing out."

Missing out? On what?

She walked forward, the pads of her bare feet grazing the grown.

"2. I didn't know it yet, but an Angel had fallen a few months later."

Angel? Later?

She still stepped forward anyway and picked the next note.

"3. I saw true beauty for the first time. But I was a blind fool not to notice it."

Notice it... Her photo in the paper?

"4. I fell in love with you at first sight. I proposed to you... I was in love with you."

He was... Slowly taking her into their relationship.... Every single year.

"5. You slowly began to light up my life. You gave me the adorable stars on my birthday."

She picked the next one.

"6. You protected me, you taught me strength, you gave me reason to fight for what was right."

She had remembered her once-strong personality. She'd never get it back, but it was okay. Bec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter