Goodbye Summer

BlueBloods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Listen to: f(x) feat. EXO D.O "Goodbye Summer"

Kai

The storm raged outside the windows, blowing the trees as it poured down tears. The sky was darkened, the lighting flashing violently, the thunder roaring away. Summer was certainly over. Kai watched from the windows as the droplets cascaded down the glass, dripping down onto the ground below. 

He walked back over to the bed, and tucked her in. He pulled the covers over her and kissed her forehead.  It was a stormy night ahead, and she had trouble sleeping. He'd had to pat her back and baby her for a few hours before she finally stopped her restless tossing and fallen peacefully into a deep slumber. 

He looked with worry outside as the grey clouds crowded the sky and continued to pour down their tears. He felt that creeping sensation coming back again as he thought back to the events that replayed again and again in his head.

"You're the person I need, son."

"But Dad, why all of a sudden?"

"They want to put an emphasis on family. You have to realize son, that deals with westerners require certain... Aspects that our culture doesn't. They want family, they want someone young and refreshing. You're perfect for the job."

"I have school."

"So we'll put it on hold! You are so brilliant anyway, it wouldn't be an issue catching up."

"But it would be for Kara."

"Son..."

"What- am I supposed to leave her behind? Dad a month is a long time! Can't I enjoy my happiness while it lasts?"

"Listen, son. You have a lifelong time to be happy with Kara. But right now, Kim Empire needs you. This is the last deal I'll ask of you to help me get. Just this one. And then you won't ever hear of favors till you take over the Empire."

"Fine. But just this once."

Kai sighed as he rested his head on the cold glass. What would she say? How would he tell her? She was right, something bad would happen in the fall. He really wanted to bring her along. But he knew her education came first. But a month- A month was a long, long time. He couldn't even spend an hour without her. A week would already be unbearable. And a month.... Why did he agree? Family and honor above her.... Why didn't he just say no? But then his father had always been so giving, it was time to give back. 

Even if it meant leaving her behind for a month.

But what would change? They'd just miss each other, right? It wasn't as if they would break up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter