His

BlueBloods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Listen to: INFINITE "I Like You"

 

Kai

It had been a week, and they felt better than ever. Kai's leg had healed, and so had Kara's mind. They were now both free and happy.

Of course, 'free' wasn't a term one could easily use to address such high-status heirs like the two. In fact, dates were not easy. they were chased around a lot by the paparazzi, who constantly were hot on their heals. Their dates were often interrupted by reporters and photographers who were somehow always onto their tracks. Their privacy was often disturbed by the seas of fangirls and hoards of fanboys who wanted the lastes scoops and photos of the hot couple. So they had resorted to either spending most of their time in each other's homes, either chatting, studying or simply lying in bed together, in each other's comforting embrace. Of course, Kai would try his best to arrange some sort of date- he'd often protested their dating life was too limited in the bedroom. He'd try to bring her out to the park for a walk, or to the beach for some summer fun. But then he'd see how the guys would stare at the tall supermodel, and would immediately have her covered up, ruining all her fun. Beaches became nothing but sites for jealousy for the couple, and so they showed off their swimsuits in their home pools instead. Sometimes Exo would come along as well, and Kai would force her to wear a shirt in the pool, claiming she was "only his to see" (not that he'd seen very much anyway). They were very much a normal couple, they didn't bother with exotic dates or extreme parties. They just kept to themselves, and enjoyed the simplicity of their relationship.

They were on their way to a press conference, the parents had agreed and cnfirmed on a date for the engagement party, and had arranged for a press conference to be held, in order for more media coverage and publicity. It was not as if the two weren't on the cover of a magazine every other week, whether a tabloid reporting gossip rumours from 'unknown insiders' who didn't exist, or from actual magazines like 'Allure' or 'Vogue' who the couple did combined photoshoots and interviews for. They had already hit number one on search engines as well as trended on various social media sites. The only reason a press conference would be necessary, was to ensure that their engagement could hit global  news as well, and have articles and coverage released on an international scale.

Kai was definitely looking forward to the press conference. He was extremely excited to be able to show his love for Kara openly to the world. He couldn't wait to see what surprises awaited them. Somehow, she'd always say something special and meaningful, and he'd love her even more, if that was even possible. But he did feel slightly nervous though. Reporters could get extremely annoying and press them into revealing secrets and private infromation. One magazine had asked her the colour of his underpants! Which of course she'd answered that she didn't know as they had their values set right. But nonetheless, he was slightly worried that the questions and assumptions could go out of hand and haywire.

The crowds had their cameras clicking away as the star couple made their way into the conference hall. Everyone wanted a glimpse of the two. There were screams and there were also frenzies. People pushed their way to the front and others argued that they blocked one another.

After all, it was a rare opportunity to see the star couple.

 

Kara

"We will have you ask questions one by one, chosen by Mrs Kim. The heirs will only answer one question at a time, and one person is permitted to no more than a question. Interferance will result in you being escorted out of the room. Also, questions about personal issues and provocative statements are not allowed. Please keep the order and the respect for one another."

Kara smiled sweetly for the cameras. She was slightly nervous as well, for some of the questions could get out of hand. But she was determined to portray their relationship to the public as wholesome and sincere as it truly was. She had Kai, and the two held hands under the table, him giving her a reassuring squeeze as his mother selected the first reporter, a bespectacled young man.

"Hello, I'm Yong SoYoung from Seoul Report Daily. And I'd like to ask how the engagement came about- whether or not it was arranged or whether it was true. After all, we know that Lee Kara said before that she'd like to remain single."

"That was true, but Kara and I are very much in love. And the truth is, that the marriage is a combination of both. We both are sincerely and utterly, deeply in love with each other. We both want to spend our lives together. But the marriage would be considered arranged because of the fact that a business deal does come along with it. But here's the thing: I personally picked Kara out of the millions of female heiresses in Korea and in Asia. That tells you something doesn't it? Besides, whether or not we got married, the business deal would go on because our families are on very good terms with each other."

"The lady in red."

"Hi. I'm from Korea News, could I ask why Mr Kim chose Lee Kara out of all the girls? I mean, we know that Lee Kara is certainly beautiful and attractive, but w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter