Simplicity

BlueBloods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Listen to: INFINITE "Can U Smile"

 

Kara

There was a rush of excitement that flowed through her as she firmly gripped the handle. She was going to discover more about Kai. About his world. 

And so she pushed open the door.

And was absolutely shocked.

His world... It wasn't the planetarium that it once was, neither was it the modernly-furnished room she expected it to be. Or the sophisticated room like she anticipated.

His world...

Was her.

Apart from white walls, a large bed, a computer desk and a large oak door leading to his closet, there was nothing else but photographs of her. Framed. And neatly mounted onto the wall. There were pictures of her when she was young, when she was a teenager, during parties, in the gardens... Kai had captured them all. And there were even some candid shots of her. 

It wasn't a large, obsessive collection of photographs that covered the entire room, but rather just a small number of little photographs that occupied a minimal section on the wall. But they were the only decoration he had. And that made them appear significantly bigger. The fact that Kai had not bothered to decorate his room, to fill his world with anything else but her. 

Oh, how many times did he want to make her cry? 

There was nothing left to learn, was there? Kai was black and white. He was like an open book. He didn't have complicated tastes and queer interests. He only had her. The very person she knew all about. And that was all she needed to know.

"Kara? Oh there you are. I thought you may have been-"

Before he could finish, Kara had already wrapped her skinny arms tightly around him. 

"Wha-"

"I could live a million lifetimes and never deserve you."

"Oh. So you saw the photos, huh?"

"They're... Amazing. Why did you-"

"Yeah you are. And I did them because there was nothing else to decorate my room with. Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter