A Friend

BlueBloods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Listen to: INFINITE "With"


"Kara, eat."

"No."

"Lee Kara, you better put that piece of bread into your mouth or I'm going to shove it down."

Kara glared at SeHun and put the piece of toast into .

Exo watched in silence.
 
They had heard about what happened. Once Kara had finished her call with Kai, JongSuk had told SeHun that she'd broken down completely, that she refused to eat, refused to talk. And so he'd had to come and drag her to school. He had to force her to do her work. He had to force her to eat.

"I'm going to grow fat. Fat unlike that Smith girl."

"Shut up! Stop it!"

The whole cafeteria watched as Oh SeHun stood up and faced them. 

"Look at you! Look at what you've done. Are all of you happy? Huh? Are you? Look at this. Lee Kara is a stick. She's the most beautiful woman in the country. And do you hear what she's just said? That she was fat. Do you see? Do you see what you've done? Is it fun? Is it fun ruining people's lives out of jealousy? Is it fun spreading rumours? Is it fun gossiping because of envy? Making everything so damn publicized that even the victims themselves can't tell reality from rumour? Is it fun watching Lee Kara and Kim JongIn end their 15 year long love because of all this? Is it?"

He pulled Kara up.

"Look at this."

And she raised her head. She looked ghostly white, her eye bags dark and heavy. Her arm looked like a twig.

"Look at the result of the media. Look at the result of the rumours. Tell me, do any of you find this rewarding? Is it pleasurable to see a strong, undying love fall apart because of you?"

The students lowered their heads. SeHun sure did know how to be a good friend.

"Is it fun to sit back and enjoy the show? To ruin our friendships with one another? You say you want what's best for Exo. You girls say you want Kai to be happy. And look at the object of his happiness now."

Kara bit her lip.

"Do you think Kai's going to run into your arms for doing this? Do you all think that you're going to attract attention by offering to leak their personal relationship to the tabloids? Do you think I don't know who you are? Do you think that I don't know how you all lie and say that I'm going out with her? Do you think I'm not affected?"

SeHun did know all the students' actions. He'd demanded the tabloids to reveal their names.

"Do you want me to do the same? Yoo Ari, Park Solbi, Kwon Yoni... Jun Dohee, Kim Jinyoung..."

The said students turned pink as the cafeteria stared at them.

"Shall I reveal your secrets? That your parents are on a loan? That your father does illegal trade? That you are a night hostess? That you are an illegitimate child? That you run Kai's fanclub?"

The students were now really embarrassed.

"Everyone look. Do you see that? Do you feel the shame? Do you feel the exposure? The lack of privacy? The betrayal? The back-stab? Do you feel the hurt, the pain? The inability to defend what's precious to you? Good. That's a taste of what you've done to Kim JongIn and Lee Kara. And me as well. And in fact, the whole of Exo. I hope you're happy. You are, aren't you?"

He took her hand and led her to the field.

"I'm sorry."

"Why?"

"For coming in between."

"It isn't your fault. It's the distance... It separates us. We thought we were invincible. But the distance came between us, didn't it?"

She smiled sadly as she looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter