#48

My Neighbor

Son Tung came earlier than they expected. His lean body was slanted to the door. He hadn't seen Krystal in weeks. He was excited to see her again, only, he couldn't show his emotions. He was hired for his MMA skills, not feelings. He was here to protect her and nothing else. 

"Who's that knocking at the door?" Krystal wondered. "I'll get it."

"Hello, miss," said Song Tung. "I'm here to assist you on whatever it is that you need."

"Very well. This is where you're going to go today and look around for any suspicious activities. I'll show you the two nurses that you should look for most. Do me another big favor, and don't be detected. I know you're great, so I know you'll be back unharmed," Krystal said as she handed him the audio recording of the call from the previous night and the address as well as a picture from Soojung's online profile. 

"I won't disappoint."

"Very well. This is Taeyeon unnie and you already know that Jungkook oppa is here," Krystal said, inviting him inside. "Have a bit of breakfast before you leave on this mission, okay?"

"Yes ma'am. Thank you."

Taeyeon saw the way he looked at Krystal and got less worried. Even if Krystal was in danger, this guy would not leave her alone. She was surprised. He looked too young to be a bodygaurd. He looked to be around Krystal's age too, maybe a year or two older. After breakfast, Son Tung walked to a restaurant before calling up a cab to leave Krystal's temporary room in secrecy. 

********

He arrived at noon and began to search the surrounding area with the utmost care before he even came close to the actual clinic. He could see that it was old and run down. Looing inside the window, there was a touch of modern to just about anything. An old couch with geometric- print pillows and a shaky desk with intricate metal legs. From where he stood, the parking lot was empty except for two cars and the clinic looked like, well, a clinic. There was nothing out of the ordinary, except maybe the lack of cars, so he began walking to the clinic. Inside, the sign read open, but there was no one in the clinic at that time. When he came into the doctor's office, there was still no one. That's weird. The sign says open, but nobody's here....Hm..Strange indeed. Better be on high alert. Maybe they went to lunch...? No...it's already close to one... Better call the miss again. 

After a long discussion with the three at the apartment, Son Tung had to walk fast back out to receive his weapons that the miss had sent. He walked out front, but before he got through to the front, he noticed a breeze in the room, but there was no windows nor was there a vent....Son Tung walked outside on high alert, aware of his surroundings and met with Krystal, Jungkook, and Taeyeon in a car waiting for him. They were dressed in all black and hair out of the face. Damn....they're not going to leave me here alone no matter what I say...

"I already know that if I try to stop you, it wouldn't work...Just promise me to be safe and stay together, please?" Son Tung asked, looking directly at Krystal and not having another way to deal with the situation at hand. 

"Well enough," Krystal said. "Here are your things. Let's make this fast. Find any clues of the whereabouts of Soojung or Rian, okay? Then we can figure out what the rest of what..well...all this means. Yes?"

A chorus of 'yeah's', 'alright's', and 'we'll try's' were heard and they all exited the car together. The time was already 6PM. Dusk was already here. They walked inside and was searching for sometime before Son Tung remembered the breeze. 

"Hyung. Do you feel a breeze at all?" he asked to Jungkook. 

"No..I don't, why? There's not even windows here," Jungkook replied. 

"I did earlier. I thought there were windows here," Krystal chimed in. 

"Hyung. Let's go and look, okay?"

"No, we can't split up like that. It'll be a disadvantage. First, let's find where that weird wind is from then. Any cracks and just in case, pull some books."

"Oppa, you're so cliche!" Krystal countered. "Besides, there's only medical records here....I'll search through to see if maybe Rian was a patient then....."

"Good idea, start on that," Jungkook replied to her. They all felt along walls and surfaces to see if there was anything at all- hidden fan or hidden room. The walls were covered in different types of wall paper. Althought there were different patterns, they were put together cohesively and very modern- like.

"This room looks really soophisticated for a clinic, don't you think?" Krystal asked. "Just a hunch, but this type of color scheme lookes like Jiyeon's style and type of choice, what do you guys think?

"Huh? Are you implying that Jiyeon has a part in this?" Jungkook asked.

"I don't know what I'm implying, actually. This is just what I think," Krystal replied. "But maybe she does, maybe it's one of her friends. Maybe it's entirely someone else trying to frame her. There's just so many possibilities."

"Yea that's true, we can't rule out any possibilities until we have hard, cold evidence," Taeyeon said, shuddering at how many possibilities there were.

"Agreed," Son Tung chimed in. They searched what seemed like hours before....

"I found where the air is coming from! It's really faint right now, but there's something wrong with the pattern of the wall paper right here, see?" Taeyeon said. "But you guys know what's weird? It's really late now and no one seems to be here at all! When did you get here, Son Tung? At like noon or something? There has been no one in charge for hours!"

"Lemme see," Jungkook said as he simultaneously pulled her back. "Stay behind me." 

Son Tung stepped forward to help Jungkook investigate the strange wall. A minute later, a small, metal door was pried open. 

"It's a metal door," Krystal said. "Modern. I thought it could have been wooden, seeing how old this place is...." Her voice trailed off. 

"Where does this lead?" Taeyeon wondered. 

"Let's find out," Jungkook said. "Let's go together. Girls in the middle. I'll lead. It's a small opening, okay? Be careful. Try not to make any noise, but make it- loud- if something happens to you." 

As the group walked outside, he could not find anyone. A  A body lay in the dark. He couldn't tell who it was. As he came loser, he began to see that it was the figure of a girl. Lords....Rian or Soojung? This looks like....oh no...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, that's right. ANOTHER UPDATE. I know I haven't been good to the wonderful readers here, so I tried my best and got another chapter for you! I edited really fast, so please excuse any mistakes! Please don't forget to oupvote and subscribe!!! <3 Saranghaeyo yerobun!!!

-itsthaiteaa<3