#32

My Neighbor

"Brother, please come back home."

"....What?" Jungkook opened his eyes wide. "That old man asked you to do this, right?" 

"Huh? Why did you say that?! I came here just because of you. Please, come back home." Krystal said.

"...I can't. I don't want to." He looked away. "He will just force me to be the CEO of his stupid company." 

"No, he won't..." Krystal looked down at her foot. 

"When did you become his puppet, Krystal?"

"What are you saying? He is our father!" 

"Our? Father? I don't even remember I have a father." He smirked. "What kind of father forced his kid to become something they don't like?!"

"....I don't even remember I have a brother!" She bit her lips than shouted out loud. "What kind of brother ran away without say goodbye to his precious sister?!" 

"...."

"......." The stared at each other, Taeyeon sat on the sofa, she opened her eyes wide. 

"Uh, I will go make dinner." She awkwardly said. 

"Yes, please." Jungkook and Krystal said at the same time. 

 

 

"I don't have a brother." Krystal walked into the kitchen, she opened the fridge.

"He is your brother after all. You should care about him more." Taeyeon smiled.

"..." Krystal stared at Taeyeon. "You really do love him, don't you? You are a good person so I will tell you this. Don't fall in love with him. He already has a girlfriend, her name is Park Jiyeon." 

"......He doesn't have a girlfriend." 

"What?" Krystal opened her eyes wide. "What do you mean?" 

"... He told me he has nothing to do with Park Jiyeon." 

"........No way..!" Krystal gasped. "Park Jiyeon is the first girl he dated for 1 month!" 

"...Date?" Taeyeon looked at her.

"I'm not dating with her." They heard a voice behind them, Jungkook was standing there with a towel on his head.

"!" They blinked. 

"It's not nice when you talk behind my back, especially to my girlfriend." He frowned as he walked toward them. 

"We are not talking about you." Krystal looked away. 

"Then who did you talking about?" 

"...." Krystal looked at Taeyeon with worried eyes, she needed help. 

"Um, we were talking about Park Jiyeon! You did hear we talk about her, right?" Taeyeon quickly said.

"Yeah yeah!" Krystal nodded and sighed heavily.

"...Alright. Are you gonna take a shower?" Jungkook asked Krystal.

"At here? Nah, I will take a shower at the hotel." She frowned. 

"You are gonna stay at the hotel tonight?" 

"So what? I don't want to live with a smelly man!" 

"How long are you gonna stay here?"

"About... Because I.... Well, maybe for three weeks?" Krystal counted her her fingers.

"Three weeks at the hotel? Are you crazy?! You don't have enough money for that." Jungkook said angrily. 

"Then you want me to sleep in that tiny room?" She pointed at an empty room next to Jungkook's room. He nodded

"...But..."Krystal looked down.

"You can stay at my place. It's right next to here." Taeyeon said.

"...Huh? Really?! You moved here because you want to live next to him? Woa, such a crazy--"

"She lives here from the beginning." Jungkook cutted her Krystal's sentence.

"...Alright, I will live with you." She pouted, looked away. 

"...Heh." Taeyeon chuckled. 

"But what about school?" Jungkook asked.

"...Dad said you will take me to a new school in Seoul."

"Geez, alright... So annoying. Now prepare to go to bed." He rolled his eyes.

 

"Woa, your place is so clean..." Krystal smiled. 

"Hehe." 

"So, you live here from the beginning... How did you meet my brother?"

"About one or two months ago, he moved to this apartment. At first, I thought I shouldn't be friends or something with him but then he asked me to help him buy a pan." Taeyeon told Krystal the story.

"What? So everything started with a pan? Hahahaha!" Krystal laughed hard. 

"Haha...." Taeyeon laughed too then she told her everything. 

 

"...." Krystal stared down at the floor. 

"He is such a wonderful person, right?" Taeyeon grinned.

"...Yeah..." Krystal sighed. "You know, I had a fight with him before he moved to Seoul."

"A fight?"

"Mm.. Usually we always fight about random and stupid things but that time we fought about a very important thing."

"What was it?"

"...You may have heard it when we talked in the livingroom back then. It was about the company. My father is the CEO of a big and successful company. He wants Jungkook to become the next CEO after him so when he was young, my father always forced him to learn about this or learn about that. My mother couldn't do anything to help my brother. And because she couldn't do anything, Jungkook started to acted cold in front of her. So she did everything she can to support him. The only person he felt free to talk with in the famiy was me.... And not long later, my mother dead."

"......." Taeyeon stared at Krystal, the young girl was hold back her tears. 

"I was so sad and I didn't want to loose my family again. When my father had to go to another country because of his work, I pretended to be sick so he had to stay at home or took me and my brother with him. When my brother went on a classtrip, I always forced him to take me with him or pretended to be sick so he had to stay at home." Krystal chuckled. "I was so childish... Then it was when I figured out my brother had a fight with my father. He ignored to become the CEO. My father did something horrible to him and then left. I had a bad feeling that he will leave the family so I begged him to become the CEO. He just shouted at me 'What do you know about this?' or 'You are still too young to understand' and more. I shouted back at him then I left the room. Next morning, my butler told me my brother was gone." 

"........" 

"...." Krystal kept looking down. 

"I'm sure you are very happy right now because you can see your brother again." Taeyeon smiled.

"..." Krystal stared at her, she bit her lips. 

"You are not childish at all. Pretend to be sick is a childish thing, sure but guess what? Normal kids woul pretend to be sick because they don't want to go to school. But you, with a good reason. Maybe not good at all haha but, you want to follow your family and protect them, you care about them. You are a good person, just like your brother." Taeyeon smiled.

"....." Krystal looked at her with teary eyes. "Unnie...You are the first person I called 'unnie'."


woooo new update <3 now we know about his past and his secret! but there is still another secret is waiting!

comment and subscribe for more!