#38

My Neighbor

...Jungkook. But he wasn't looking at her. No, instead, he went straight up to them and pushed Yoongi against the wall. He started to punch his stomach as if there was no tomorrow. Yoongi coughed up blood and didn't try to fight back.

"How dare you touch her? If I find out you hurt her anywhere.......huh? Yoongi?" Jungkook asked in confusion. What's he doing here with my girlfriend? Was he the one who set her up for this? I thought he was waiting for me at my apartment? H-He betrayed me? He used me! he thought in realization. He was still pondering this as he looked into Yoongi's eyes searching for his friend, searching for a sign that this was all just a dream and not real. He tried to find a reason that in no world would his friend would be here, hurting him or his girlfriend. And yet, Jungkook found no comfort, no sign of assurance in Yoongi's stone cold eyes. Those eyes that stared back at him were definitely not the eyes that Jungkook knew and was familiar with. They belonged to a stranger. Jungkook realized he no longer knew this man he once called his best friend. This man was entirely something else. 

"Stop it Jungkook. Can't you see you're hurting him? You have no right to do that to him!!" she yelled angrily as she push Jungkook away from Yoongi. Jungkook stuttered as he was still in shock from what he saw....his best friend betraying him and his girlfriend defending the betrayer....and he got mad.

"Right? Of course I have a right! I'm your boyfriend!" he shouted back just as angry with a twinge of confusion.

"No you don't. First of all you're not my boyfriend. You stopped being that when you stopped believing me and trusted Jiyeon," she cried in between sobs. 

"Can we talk about this later please? Come with me first." he said helplessly. "Let me explain. I honestly don't know what happened. I don't know what you're talking about at all. Did something happen at the party?" he asked, purely confused. 

"Seriously? You have the nerve to say that after all you did? I can't believe you, Jeon Jungkook," she said. "I don't belong to you anymore so stop it. I never said this, and I probably never will again: you don't deserve me. Even though I'm not perfect and there are so many better people out there, you are actually not worth my time." I'm so sorry Jungkook, but you hurt me too much. Why did it have to be like this? Stay strong, Taeyeon. You can make it through this without showing him you're weak for him inside, she thought to herself.

"Of course he doesn't, Taeyeon. Let's go." Yoongi said as he draped his jacket across Taeyeon. He steered Taeyeon away fom Jungkook.

Jungkook walked towards the two and threw Yoongi's jacket to the ground. "Don't touch her," he growled. "She's mine."

"No, you don't touch me, " she responded coolly to Jungkook. "And I am definitely not yours. Don't you dare call me that again. C'mon Yoongi."  She picked his jacket off the ground, shook the dust off, and draped it around herself. Then, she slipped her hand into Yoongi's and walked hand in hand with him away.  She turned around and saw his hurt expression. I'm so sorry. I still love you, Jungkook. You hurt me.......she thought sadly. Her heart was in pain, her head was a mess and she couldn't shake off the expression his eyes had when she told him what he had done. He looked like she told him elephants could fly. He looked like she told him the grass was blue. He looked like she told him horses could talk. He looked.......innocent. But how could that be? Is he just a really good actor? But no, he really did look innocent..Then what was that scene back there? she wondered.

Back at the little town, Jungkook couldn't believe it. He sat down with his head in his hands. When the pair was leaving, Yoongi had turned back and seemed to have winked at Jungkook as if taunting him. Best friend my . He thought as he stood up and headed to a gym. He was genuinely perplexed.....Slapped Taeyeon? What is she talking about? I'd never do that; not in a million years! Something happened.....but why can't I remember what? he thought to himself. That night, he stayed in the gym boxing a punching bag, unable to think clearly. He went through two punching bags already. He was hurt. He was upset. Upset at himself for not being able to remember, upset at Yoongi for betraying him, upset at Taeyeon for not believing him. No, not upset at Taeyeon. She was rational, he would trust her with his life.....That means I really did do something to hurt her..he thought in the middle of a panic attack. He couldn't breathe and fell down the gym floor. Breaths came in short ragged bursts and his vision, a half clear half blurry mess. He no longer knew where he was. "Taeyeon...I'm sorry..." he said as he out. He woke up in a strange environment where it was mostly white and loud. He fell away again. When he woke up this time, everything was peaceful and white, not blinding like the earlier place, but rather an off white with a pale, pale tint of pink to it. "M-mom?" he called out. There she was...Beautiful and radiant as ever. She walked over to him and she smelled wonderful; her touch was warm and soft...almost like the teddy bear that magically comes out of the dryer when he was just a little tike every Saturday morning. 

"Honey....I've missed you so much!" she said hugging and showering him with kisses. "How is everyone? Krystal? Your appa? What about school? Are you doing well? How's the business?" she asked a worried look clouding her serene face.

"M-mom, I miss you too....everyone is okay, but after you left he really wanted me take over...so I...so I left. I live by myself and go to school too. Krystal came just a couple of days ago to visit me, but I think he sent her to get me back home. As for him, I don't know and don't care. School, I'm doing well enough in. I am in great health and you have nothing to worry about mom, I always check the paper in the morning to check on our business, but nothing bad is brewing," he answered her, question by question.

"Well then, my wonderful son, what about a girlfriend?" she asked, her eyes sparkling like a child on Christmas day. 

"Girlfriend....hmm I think there was one but I don't seem to recall her name, mom," he answered trying to remember who it was. 

"Think harder, Jungkook. You're not ready to be here yet. Return to the girl you love. Remember her. Call back her scent, relive her image. Remember the girl you love." his mom said gently but firmly.

Girlfriend.....girlfriend? I thought I was too alone to have a girlfriend....maybe she goes to school with me...did we go somewhere? Did we eat together? Ice cream! The Zoo! Taeyeon! I remember....but what about her? Oh no...she thinks I did something bad....Taeyeon, I'm sorry! "Taeyeon! I'm sorry!" he shouted, waking up. 

He looked around. Hm? Where am I? Where is this place? Who are these people? Why is it so white? Ugh, snap out of it, Jungkook. You need to find Taeyeon!! He thought as he hurried to sit up, but couldn't. Hands were restraining him from all over. 

"You mustn't move yet, sir. Your body still needs to rest. After the night you had, you need at least another day resting here," a gently but manly voice told him.

"Taeyeon! I need to find her, tell her I'm sorry, and make her stay with me. I need her," he said unaware of the tears escaping from the corner of his eyes.

"Taeyeon? Is it that young girl waiting outside?" one of the people in white asked another.

"I think that's what she called herself....go call her in," was the reply. What are they talking about? I have to go find her. Why won't they let me??? he thought in a panic. 

"Hurry! Get her now! His heart rate is sky-rocketing; his body temperature is high. His condition is beginnning to be unstable again. Go, go, go!!" shouted another.

A few minutes went by and Jungkook still hadn't stopped struggling to find Taeyeon. He had gotten tired and nauseous. His vision was starting to blur, his ears only let him hear a beep-beep sound, his thoughts were scrambled, but one name was always clear: Taeyeon. He remembered, he had to find her. He tried to sit up again, but the hands, too many, were all on him at once and he just couldn't get up. Just as the hands went up, he shot up into sitting position about to run off when he saw her. She was standing by the doorway, tearstained. She looked like she hadn't tooken a shower since the dinosaurs died. Her hair looked like a mini tornado had torn through there and caused the wreckage. Her clothes were rumpled and crinkled. Her shoes were mismatched. Everything was off about her, but she looked like she didn't care. Her eyes were so soft and caring, unlike he's ever seen it. She looked like a worried mother seeing her son break an arm in a soccer match. 

"I'm so sorry, Jungkook. I've never meant for it to get this far..." she wispered quietly. "Sorry....so sorry. I'm sorry.."

His blood boiled. "Don't you ever touch, talk, or look at me again, okay?" How dare she step foot in here?!! After all she's done to me? he thought furiously.

Just then, "Jungkook! Are you okay?" , a feminine voice shouted. Huh? Who is that?? he thought in wonder. He looked up. It was none other than.......