#12 (hiatus)

My Neighbor

Several days later.

"And then he asked me if I want to go on a date with him, but I didn't accpet his request and--" Sooyeon was telling Taeyeon her story then they heard a voice behind them.

"Sooyeon ah, hurry up!" A girl outside called for Sooyeon.

"Oh, uh, ok. Bye, Taeyeon. I'll tell you the rest later." Sooyeon quickly stood up and left.

"O-Ok.." Taeyeon looked at Sooyeon as she left. She could hear the girls whispered about her. Taeyeon looked outside at the window. 

"Oh yeah, I have to buy a cake for Chanyeol and Luhan." She mumbled then left the classroom.

 

 

"Oh dear, what can I help you?" Taeyeon walked to a bakery near her school. The owner of the bakery smiled widely.

"There was a boy named Luhan and he--"

"Got it, the chocolate cake." The owner went inside.

"That's right.. H-How did you know?" Taeyeon nodded and she asked.

"He is a very special customer to us." The man said.

"Oh.." She nodded and looked outside. The sky was grey. No way, it's going to rain soon. She thought then bit her lips. She was right. One, two, three seconds later, the rain started. 

"Why so sudden?! I don't have an umbrella or anything.. aw..." She sighed. 

"Hey you." Someone tugged her skirt.

"Eh?" She looked down and saw a handsome boy. He was younger than her for sure, about 13 or 14 years old. Dark hair, brown eyes, white skin,... A perfect kid.

"What are you looking at?" The boy glared at her.

"Oh, nothing! Can I help you or something? Are you lost?" She let out a gentle smile. The boy's face grew red as he shouted.. 

"I-I'm not lost! I'm not a kid! Don't treat me like one!" 

"H-Hey ok! I won't be like that anymore!" She stepped back. 

There was an awkward silence between them. 

"My grandfather told me to let you in. Come with me." The boy went inside the bakery and she followed him.

"Is it ok? I can just stay outside." She said as she walked into the bakery and looked around

"You don't even have an umbrella or a raincoat." The boy sighed, he sat down on a chair and turned his phone on. She sat at the opposite him. 

"..." 

Taeyeon looked at the kid's face. He looked like someone, pretty familiar but she couldn't think out who. Someone. 

"What are you looking at?" The boy looked up from his phone and glared at her.

"W-Well, your phone!" She embarrassed said. 

".. Geez, it's annoying when the other people staring at you like that." The boy said.

"..." This kid isn't a good boy at all. "You can't act like that to the other people."

"Why?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Specially girls, they don't like rude boys." 

"What?"

"And don't be like that to the people who are older than you." 

"..You aren't my mother." 

"Well, at least I'm teaching you how to act in front of other people. You can't act like that, understand? Like you hate it when people staring at you and people hate it when you acting rude to them." She said and looked straight at the boy.

"..." The boy tilted his head aside. "Adults are annoying, aren't they?"

"I-I'm still a student." She said.

"Whatever, this is who am I. They can hate me if they want, I don't care." He rolled his eyes.

"And, you won't care if I hate you?" 

"..." The boy slowly looked at her. He looked at her for a moment. She stared back at him. 

They only heard the rain sound. 

The boy looked down, bit his lips then asked. "Do you hate me?"

"...? Of course not, I don't hate you!" She shook her head. "We just met and I still don't know much about you, how can I hate you?" 

The boy looked up at her, his eyes were sparkling. She blinked. 

"..People hate me because I'm always being rude and cold. Even from the start, they feel annoying then leave, never see me again." He said, looked at another direction. 

"..."

"So why don't you hate me already?"

"I don't know your real face."

"What?" He looked at her.

"Like, you may be rude, but actually, you are really nice." She smiled. "So I have to find out your real face before I hate you." She smirked.

"Y-You..!!!" The boy trembled.

"Haha, just kidding! So, what's your name?" Taeyeon peered at the boy.

"...Jeon Jungshin." The boy replied. His face grew pink a little.

"Jeon Jungshin? It's a nice name, isn't it? I'm Kim Taeyeon and I'm 19 years old. What about you?" 

"15 years old." 

"Really? Then I'm older than you 4 years old. Haha, I'm so old." She laughed. Jungshin stared at her face. This girl.. She is... He couldn't look away. He felt hot then mumbled. "Y-You can call me by my nickname if you want." 

"Yeah?" 

"It's--"

"Shintaro!" 

They both looked behing Jungshin and saw the owner of the bakery. 

"Shintaro?" Taeyeon looked at Jungshin.

"Aigoo hope this kid didn't bring you any trouble." The man rubbed Jungshin's head.

"G-Grandpa!" Jungshin pushed his hand away.

"No he didn't, haha." Taeyeon smiled. "So his nick name is Shintaro?" 

"Yeah, he is a fan of some stupid cartoon or game and he wants to be called Shintaro when he was young."

"Oh, I got it." Taeyeon nodded.

"Here is Luhan's cake. It's rain right now so bring thiss umbrella with you. Return it anytime!" The owner gave her the cake.

"Thank you so much foor everything. Goodbye and see you later." She bowed and took the cake and the umbrella.

"Bye, Shintaro!" She waved then pushed the door, went outside. Shintaro sat there, looke outside.

"eh hehe" The owner of the bakery laughed as he looked at the boy.

"What are you laughing at?" He glared at the owner.

"Seems like you are in love, aren't you, kid?"

"O-Of course not! There's no way I'd love that girl!" Shintaro said with his red cheeks.

"Oh ho I got it!" His grandfather laughed.

 

 

"This is hard to open.." Taeyeon stood outside, tried to open the umbrella.

"Aw~ I really want to do it with you~" 

"Tch, not now." She heard a familiar voice and looked up. Her eyes met his eyes. 

Jeon Jungkook. 

With Park Jiyeon next to him, they shared the umbrella.

"Hi.." 

"You..." Jungkook stared at her. 


Don't want you wait so here is the new chapter :) 

Oh wow, 83 subscribers and more than 1900 views???? ahaahahahah I'm so happy xD

Also, I'll end my hiatus next weekend so be prepare haha. 

This chapter is mostly about the new mystery character, he is a 'special person' so, wee.

Subscribe and comment, you guys are the best!