#44

My Neighbor

At the end of the day Taeyeon and Jungkook were okay again. The problem is, acting mad would be hard when they've just become one again. The trio headed to a random hotel in fear of being bugged. With an enemy that clever, Krystal had told them to stay alert at all times. They all abhorred their current situation, but it couldn't be helped. 

"Why do you think Jiyeon hates me so much?" Taeyeon asked out loud. "I mean I understand because it's you and all, but most girls get hurt and then cry or at the very most slap me. She took jealously into straight hatred and then on to much more...I don't understand why she hates me that much though. Resentment, in my opinion is as far as it should go. Some girls go a little farther but she seems to take it to a whole new universe....."

"You mean you think Jiyeon is behind all of this?" Jungkook replied. "I know she is a little dramatic, but I don't think she'll have the nerve or guts to do this."

"No, it was just on my mind a little, that's all. As for who's behind this, I think it might be someone working for your father in attempts to get me away from you and to get you home."

"Actually, that's similar to the idea i was playing with inside my head....I mean it all makes sense!" Krystal joined in the conversation. "Didn't you tell me that you thought Yoongi was Jungkook on his balcony? I think I have an idea of what might have happened."

"Really? Spill then," Jungkook replied.

"Alright, so I think that both you guys have been drugged...maybe by different people for different reasons or the same person. I think it might be different people because you, unnie, hallucinated thinking Yoongi was Jungkook, and you," she said, pointing at Jungkook," entirely forgot something you had done."

Taeyeon snapped her head up excitedly,"So...it is different people!" 

"Don't get your hopes up too high. What are the chances of getting drugged by two different people to you and me at the same time? Very unlikely," Jungkook cautioned.

"Yea, I think that too.....at most it's probably one person using two different drugs. Makes more sense," Krystal added. "But still, the possibilities of finding that person is very slim. They could have had anyone do it for them or was even drugged themselves to do it. There's no way of knowing for sure. While we might find what and how the drug was used or even how to prevent it in the future, you guys need to prepare yourselves for that fact that we may never know who is after you and whether that person will do it again. This is important because I see you guys at your best and are happiest with each other. Without each other, I see sad, moping people that come to bother me for information about the other all the time!" They laughed at Krystal's joke, but they knew the truth. They would hate to be seperated.

"Alright. Let's sleep tonight and research tomorrow. What side effects are we looking for? I mean like what side effects are we looking for that the drug will have," Taeyeon asked.

"Hallucinations? Forgetfulness?" supplied Jungkook.

"I think that's a great place to start. Besides, it doesn't hurt to know more about other drugs right?"

"Alright. I, uh, I want you to know one thing. I'm sorry."

"I know. Me too."

Krystal broke their converstion," Alright, alright. We all love each other. What about me? I need love too...."

"Hm..." Jungkook mused.

"What are you thinking about now? Are you ignoring me?" Krystal was becoming mad.

"No...I was just wondering when was the best time to do this," Jungkook replied.

"Do what?"

"This!" He yelled as he tackled both Krystal and Taeyeon in a group hug. "Both of you. Thank you for not leaving me at my worst and for believing in me. We'll make it through together okay?" 

"Yay!" 

"I believe in us." 

Taeyeon was not so sure. She didn't know how researching this drug was going to be easy.....There were so many types of drugs out there and she worried. She worried for Jungkook and she worried for Krystal. She had nothing to lose, but they were the offsprings of powerful people in a world where one false move will not only by laughed at by society, it will kill you. It will ruin you financially or it will drive you to bankruptcy with drinking and gambling. She had seen this over and over with so many different groups. They had everything to lose. She knew none of that mattered to them but it will sooner or later when their dad can no longer run and they realize that the yhave to go back for their sake, for their mom's sake, and for the sake of the family name. She realized that one day she will have to part ways with them because who has ever seen a rich, powerful man marrying a poor girl? That only happens in movies. She knows he needs to marry someone of equal or greater fortune. Besides, even if they did end up just being friends, society will ridicule them for associating with lower class people. She, for one, does not like public attention. She couldn't even do a presentation without being terrified the whole time. Still, she joined in with the little celebration Krystal and Jungkook were having. Being around them made her happy and she wanted to cherish that before everything slipped away. They are good people in her opinion. They didn't flaunt their money or their social status. 

"Let's get some well deserved sleep now and look in the morning," advised Krystal.

"Alright. Sleep tight," Jungkook said as he climbed onto his bed. To save money, they had gotten one room and two beds. One for Krystal and Taeyeon, and one for Jungkook.  

That night, Jungkook awoke to find Krystal next to him, sweating.

"Yah, what are you doing here? This is my bed," he complained. 

"Please....it's so hot. Your bed is a lot closer to the AC," she whined back.

"But you always take most of the space. You always ended up pushing me off when we were little! Remember?" Jungkook was frustrated, not being able to sleep in peace.

"Whatever, just deal with it. I'm getting comfortable here. If you want, then move somewhere else. Hmmph," she said as she dozed away.

He really hated sharing his sleeping space with anyone. He sighed in defeat.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait. Hope you like  it and keep supporting this story please!!! <3 -itsthaiteaa