#40

My Neighbor

"Do you think that Jiyeon put something in your drink?" Taeyeon asked Jungkook. 

"It doesn't seem like her. Even though she may seem cold and mean outside, she's just a big softie inside. She's really insecure and puts up a big act to hide it. She does it because she's been bullied in the past before moving here. Ask anyone close to her, although I'd know best. " he replied his face evident of reminiscence. Taeyeon couldn't help but feel jealous at the way he was defending Jiyeon.....It hurt... A lot. 

The two talked for a bit more, but came up with nothing. Jungkook told Taeyeon to go home and sleep. She refused at first, but agreed when he asked her to bring something in for him tomorrow too. She agreed because she felt something in the air. Unrestfulness. Uncertainty. Even though he explained and said sorry, Taeyeon knew Jungkook still thought he was right and that Taeyeon must have imagined the slap. They were still broken. Perhaps not into a million shards and pieces, but certainly chipped at the brim. The crack was only growing wider with time. She stood up and said her goodbye's. She left. 

After she passed through the doorway, Jungkook was left staring at the door that brought both his lover and his enemy through....Only now, he wasn't sure who was the enemy. I never would have slapped her. I can't. Why is she being like this? Did she perhaps drink something? Did someone tell her bad things about me? Did she believe them? So much trust...We're broken, aren't we? Maybe not all the way, but it will take something big to fix it. It won't be easy...Maybe it won't ever be fixed...We need both people who can perservere and I seem to be the only party trying. He sighed a sad sigh and tried to sleep. He couldn't. He laid awake thinking about everything that happened in the past week. He went through so many emotions and traumas. He thought he was strong. He wasn't. He needed her. She was his strength. She was his beacon. She was his inspiration. He needed Kim Taeyeon. But what he found most uncomfortable about himself was that he was now describing Taeyeon as 'was' as in past-tense, long ago; not 'is' as in present and right now.

Taeyeon traveled a long, tiring trip home. A cab drove her on a lonely road. Makes sense, she thought. I'm alone. I walk on the empty road. Her cheeks watered with silent tears. She paid the driver and trudged her way up the stairs. Turning around the corner, she found Yoongi waiting for her. "Were you waiting for me this whole time? Did you wait long?" she asked curiously, her tiredness rising away.

"No, I didn't wait long, but yes I was waiting for you. Can I come in, too?" he asked shyly. 

"Sure," she said looking up at those eyes that shimmered in the low light. Wow...they are pretty...They aren't dark and mysterious like Jungkook's but shine like a kid on Christmas Eve. I thought he was weird and mean because he was with Jiyeon when we first met, but I guess not...I was wrong...she thought happily. 

As soon as  they got inside, Taeyeon the lights, but Yoongi put his hand on top of hers and turned it back off. They were standing in the dark with only the light from the moon through the window. Their faces were apart by merely inches. She felt his breath, her heart raced faster. His breath reached her faced, his mind raced with thoughts. 

"My uhhh my head hurts from the lights, can we keep it off?" he asked to not make it more awkward then it already is. 

"S-sure...just sit on the couch, I'll get water and an aspirin for you." she replied and promptly walked to the kitchen to hide her blush. He sat on the couch and waited. She returned with a glass of water and an aspirin. She handed both to him and stood in her own living room awkwardly, unsure of what to do. 

"Come, sit with me," he said as he patted the seat beside his. She sat down next to him and wasn't sure of what to say next. She was flustered. Why am I being like this? Do I feel something? What is this feeling? It's strange, but familiar at the same time..what is this? 

I'm not supposed to feel like this....What is this? I was supposed to finish this cleanly....I'm sorry, Taeyeon is what he thought in his head. Out loud, he said, "Taeyeon.....How do you feel about me? How do you think of me? Does your heart beat fast when....I do this?" He leaned over her, just inches form her face, feeling her breath as he her face. She was shocked.

"W-What are you doing, Min Yoongi?" she asked. ....I don't particularly feel exactly safe...I feel like I'm on an edge. This is a new feeling...I don't like it. I like being safe with Jungkook...But who knows what he feels about me now... 

He sighed. "I thought it'd come to this. Silly Taeyeon. What do you think I'm doing? I'm asking if you feel the same way, if your heart can't be still when I'm near. For me, it's been that way since we met. I think you're the most beautiful creature to ever grace this earth. I was upset seeing you with Jungkook all the time. It tore me apart seeing you in tears. It made me happy being around you. I like it with just us." 

"B-But...I thought you and Jungkook were like...best friends?" she asked, shocked. How can a person betray his friend so quickly like that? He should've had Jungkook's back and defended him....not break him even more...Suspicious... 

"We stopped being friends ever since he hurt you, my dear." he replied. His words were sweet, but his tone was dangerous. Taeyeon didn't like that one bit. 

He shifted positions and sat facing forward, away from Taeyeon. Aish, I can't do this anymore, how can I hurt her like this? What kind of person am I? I just hope you can find it in your kind, pretty heart in the future to forgive what I'm doing right now...I'll make it up, I promise. I'm so sorry.... He thought, his head full of guilt. 

He looked at Taeyeon with eyes full of lust. He leaned in just a little bit. She backed away and hit the wall. He smirked. She shrunk back as far as she could. His neck was right beside her neck. She felt his hot breath passing like running water down her back. She shivered. 

"Be prepared, Kim Taeyeon." he wispered. "You're in danger."

There was a knock at the door. Taeyeon jumped up, tense and alert suddenly. "I'll get it." 

She opened her wood door with a brass handle. She looked around but found no one. The empty hall was eery in the dim light, but there was absolutely no trace of anyone. A light breeze passed her by. There wasn't anyone, but instead, there was a letter lying neatly on the ground as if someone took the time to make it look pretty and stand out amongst the dim building. She picked up the blue colored envelope and looked at it curiously. It was plain, but inviting. Something told her to open it, but something else told her not to. She felt a breeze of danger wafting up from the letter. She wanted to read it, but she wanted to do so in a safe place. Right now, she didn't know where to go. Her apartment was anything but safe with Min Yoongi there. She could go to Jungkook but he didn't trust her and was probably sleeping. A shadow passed over her. Arms swiftly placed themselves around her waist. She gasped. 

"Hush...Taeyeon. It's okay. Let's go back inside; I miss you already." Yoongie said with a low raspy voice as he rested his chin on top of hers. He took in her scent and swayed her gently. 

Taeyeon was in shock and her body was tense. Thoughts raced through her mind. She was flustered and didn't know how to react. She really didn't like Yoongi that way, and felt vulnerable with him. She broke free. Leaving him at the corner, she ran. She ran and ran. She ran till her heart couldn't take it anymore. She was suddenly emotional and scared. She didn't know who to turn to and what to ask. She was just a confused soul in a confident body. And that body led her straight to the door of Jeon.....

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!! itsthaiteaa here! Hope you liked this chapter! I love reading your comments. it makes my day a whole lot better especially the ones made specifically to me. I can't help but feel special! So much work in school. augh. I mean only weirdos take pre calc hp in 10th grade right? wrong. cause I'm normal. kidding. I am probably the weirdest person you'll meet. cx one thing...I LOVE to sing<3 I'm not good, but i love it. don't even say otherwise. if my family hears me open my mouth to sing, they ask each other, what did they do wrong to receive this punishment?!! ouch...anyways, happy reading!! Beep. Boop. Bop....Out<3