#45

My Neighbor

Jungkook tried sleeping on the desk chair. He tried sleeping on the floor. He even tried sleeping on the toilet seat in the bathroom. There was just no getting comfortable for Jungkook that night. Finally, he used his last option. He walked over and simply laid down. He laid on the very edge of the bed and still felt awkward. He was about to get up when he heard her say," It's okay. Stay."

"Taeyeon?" He was startled to hear her speak. He was surprised she was still up considering she was the first to go to sleep. He thought for sure she was sleeping before...."Hello?"

There was no response. He tried once more. "Taeyeon?" Still no reply. He turned over to look at her face. It was so relaxed and calm, not worried and stressed like when she was up. And then it hit him- OHMYGOD SHE'S SLEEP TALKING. Jungkook almost burst out laughing thinking he was talking to himself the whole time. He became more relaxed. He took a look at her again. She was beautiful. Not that she wasn't when she was awake. Her hair fell perfectly around her, a soft halo. With her blanket draped around her, it looked almost like the robe or toga that angels wore. She resembled an angel almost like his guardian angel. He liked that thought of that. He'll protect her from the physical harms and she'll protect him mentally. They were perfect for each other. They protected each other. It was a beautiful moment. He wished it never ended. He wished they'd be together forever. Technically, they weren't together now already.......And it was all his fault. I'm so stupid. I can't believe it. I want to turn back time....I guess there's no doing that.....He sighed. He stayed a long time that way, just taking her in. He studied her as if he would never see her again. He finally fell asleep that way. Taeyeon and Jungkook were facing each other in their sleep. 

"Finally," a voice groaned from the other bed. "I thought he'd never go to sleep." Krystal stood up to get a drink. SHe had to wait because she didn't want to ruin his moment with her. I am such a good sister. She laughed silently.

***

When morning came, Taeyeon was the first to rise.

"Ahh...well, I did go to sleep first." she said while turning around to turn on the lamp situated between the beds. The sight of Jungkook next to her gave her quite a shock. She almost screamed out loud. She muttered, "Stress." 

He was quite handsome laying there and not threatening to see her ever again. She decided she liked him better sleeping, not that she would tell him that. She only would if she wanted to hear him whine all day. She smiled to herself. His pitch black hair made his skin seem even paler, but he was the type of person who looked good with pale skin and dark hair. Her thoughts went on and on until she realized those were the qualities of a vampire and she shuddered. He never liked red things in the first place. She looked at the time. It was almost 10. She should wake them up. Neither of them showed any signs of waking up any time soon. 

"Jungkook," she whispered. "Jungkook wake up." She shook him a little. Nothing. Frustrated, she blew a hair out of her face and went to Krystal's bed and woke her up. Krystal woke very easily compared to her brother. While Krystal went to shower in the bathroom, Taeyeon tried to wake Jungkook up again. He stirred a little and then suddenly pulled her down next to him. "Hey!" She got back up again, startled. 

"Be quiet then," he muttered back, smiling softly. "I barely got any sleep last night. Krystal invaded my bed, so I had to go over here."

"...Had to?!" she excalimed huffily. "Well I'm sorry it was so bad. Should have just pushed me off then."

"That's not what I meant," he said, exasperated. 

"Then what did you mean?"

"Just....," his voice trailed off as he fell asleep again.

"Jeon JUNGKOOK," she warned. "Up. Now."

"Okay, okay," he groaned as he managed to sit up drowsily. Taeyeon thought he was almost cute. "Hug?" he asked while smiling with his eyes closed. He held his arms up waiting for her. She thought he looked just like a child.

"Just a quick one," she said, not being able to resist. She leaned down to give him a hug but he wouldn't let go even after what seemed like a very long time. "Let go now.....she whined." 

"Mmmmmm....nope," he grinned cheekily. 

"I didn't want to do this, but you left me no choice," she said as she poked his sides.

"Hey!" he cried out as he let go of her, not wanting to be tickled. 

"Thought so," she smirked. She looked over and there was Krystal just staring at them. "..How long were you there?"

"Relax...I just got here,"  she said. "I wouldn't be able to keep quiet if I had watched any longer anyways." she preteneded to throw up. 

After breakfast, the trio felt recharged and they headed to the nearest library to do their research. However, before they had gottten there, Jungkook said he despereately need to go to "number 2", so the group headed to a minimart. While they waited, Krystal found a man selling ice cream on a cart and had rushed to the streets to get it, leaving Taeyeon waiting in the mart alone. It was a while before any of them came back and Taeyeon started to get worried. She went to the cashier to check in the bathrooms for Jungkook but the cashier just gave a confused look. 

"Are you sure someone went back there?" he asked confusion writted all over his face. 

"Yes, I'm sure. You gave him the key!" she nearly shouted. 

"Hm....let me check then," he said with uncertainty. He came back with no one and stated, "There's no one back there, miss."

"What? I'm sure he went back there," Taeyeon grew worried. Let me find Krystal and we'll sort this out. She walked out of the minimart in a flash. "Krystal!!!! i can't find Jungkook. I asked the cashier but he said no one was in the bathrooms!" 

"Oh really? That's weird," Krystal shouted back. A truck came racing across the streets and she couldn't see Krystal for a moment. After the truck passed, she couldn't locate the the cart or Krystal anymore. 

"K-Krystal?" she asked out loud. She was starting to worry now. "Hello? Krystal!" She was alone and she didn't like it. She decided to head into the convienence store and look for Jungkook again. She had never been this afraid since the scary guys at the park and Min Yoongi taking her somewhere. 

"You guys, if this is some kind of joke, it's not funny. I lose or whatever. I don't care anymore! I'm scared. I want to go home now," she said, almost hysterical. "I don't like being alone....Come back!" Just then, she saw Sooyeon. "Sooyeon-ah!" 

"Oh, hi! What are you doing here all by yourself?" Sooyeon asked.

"I was with Jungkook and his little sister, but I lost them. I freaked out before I saw you. Oh thank god you're here!" Taeyeon said as she tackled Sooyeon in a hug. "But it was really weird. It was like I saw them one moment, and the next, they're gone! Help me, I don't know what to do right now."

"Oh, poor thing. I got you now, everything will be okay. It's probably just some weird coincidence. Don't worry." 

The two walked around looking for Jungkook and Krystal, who both seemed to just have disappeared. They walked and looked and walked some more, but they just couldn't find anyone. They had asked around but no one seem to have seen them.

"That's weird...," Sooyeon said. Sudddenly.....

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Hope you like this one too!-itsthaiteaa (: