#39

My Neighbor

....Taeyeon. She looked so worried...Jungkook wondered what she was worrying about....It couldn't be me, could it? I thought she hated my guts.....he thought. Secretly, he hoped that he had made her worried because it showed that she still cared and that he had a chance to take her back. 

"A-are you okay?" she asked, trembling. She looked like she was on the verge of  tears. So she did still care....

"Y-yea I am, why are you here? How did you know?" he asked her, afraid of the answer. What if she was here to see someone else? He didn't want to admit the thought, but it was a possibility. He turned to the girl with the tearstained tornado-like hair. "And why are you here, Jiyeon?" He spat the word out like it was a worm he was forced to eat. 

"I....I just came to see how you were doing....I was worried." Jiyeon replied. "She hurt you and you became like this...how can I not be worried?"

What? I caused him to be like this? How?! He was the one who started everything. What the heck?? Taeyeon thought in her mind. She wondered if she really did hurt him...her feelings started to sympathize with him and she softens up. 

"Oh, well I'm fine for now. Thanks, Jiyeon. I'll text you later, okay? Go home, now. Be safe." Jungkook softens up. Jiyeon does what neither Jungkook nor Taeyeon thought she would dare to do. She went up to Jungkook, hugged him hard and put her lips against his forehead. 

"Get well soon, Jeon Jungkook. I'll be waiting..." she says softly into his ear. Taeyeon didn't know what to do. She was angry on one hand, and embarrassed at witnessing the scene on the other. Besides, she doesn't have a right to be mad anymore, does she? Does Jungkook want her back? Wait, what? He should be the one wanting her, not the other way around....

Jiyeon left. It was just Taeyeon, Jungkook, and the massive wall of awkwardness built between them. She crossed the room with difficulty and sat in a chair next to the bed. Jungkook watched her with curiosity.

"Are...are you okay?" she asked him.

"Do you really want to know?" he answered, putting up a cold image. "Or are you just playing with me again? Do you really care? Or are you doing this because someone told you to? Are you real or fake?"

"I am here because I want to. I am here because I care."

Jungkook's heart melted. "Yea I'm fine." He looked away. She gently pulled his face back to her. She leaned over her chair and put her arms around him suddenly tearful. 

"I don't know what I'd do if you got hurt..." she wispered softly into his ear.

"You'd just go out with Yoongi like usual right?" he asked with an 'I-don't-care' shrug. Meanwhile, his heart hurt like it was on the Southern side of the U.S. civil war. "I mean you told me we were over and all that spazz for I don't know what....Guess you got tired of me."

"What? I would never get tired of you! You were the one who ended things first....Y-You slapped me." she said looking into his eyes searching for an answer but found something else, instead.

"What are you talking about? I never slapped you..I-I'd never slap you. Ever..." He had said 'ever' so quiet and full of soft emotions, but to the both of them in that room together, it was like a bullhorn in the early mornings. "Where did you get that from?"

"You're starting to soften up to Jiyeon...I see what you're doing Jeon Jungkook. Denying that, and just now. She hugged you, and kissed your dang forehead and you did nothing. I see. Then, I'll see you around." she huffily stodd up and walked to the door. 

"I love you" he wispered stopping her. She turned around. She walked back to his bed. She knelt down. She slapped him hard across his cheek. She let out all her emotions in that slap. 

"Don't say that because you've already proved it's just a bunch of words you could say like reciting in a play." she told him. Sho got up again.

He grabbed her hand. "Don't go. Listen to me. Look at me. Just let me explain, okay? Don't let this be like Romeo and Juliet. Don't let out love fade because of miscommunication. Just give me a chance." He pulled Taeyeon, who willingly followed, back into the chair. He began to tell his story of fustration. He began to tell the story of his lost love. He began to tell the story of the last two days. "Look. At me, into my eyes. I want you to see what's there. Am I lying? That's your judgment. But, don't just let your ears listen, but let your heart and eyes too, by looking at mine." 

"Fine. Tell it to me." she said coldly with an expressionless face. 

"Honestly, I don't know what happened. I would never slap you, ever. I promise. And just now? What happened just now? She kissed me? No....I'd never let her do that. I'd never let her touch me let alone hug me....I really don't remember anything." he explained. 

She used her ears, heart, and eyes to listen to him like he said. What her ears heard was absurd....she should leave according to her ears. Her eyes saw his eyes which never left hers and was full of sincerity. It was full of hurt and hope. Love and hate. Her eyes told her he wasn't lying. Her heart yearned for him and found his tone, stance, and aura being nervous. Almost like he was wanting her to believe him so much he could jump off a cliff....Her heart felt one last thing....his love. Her heart felt it all at once like being hit by a car. It came crashing into her, but she liked that feeling. Her heart told her to trust him. "I...I believe you," she wispered. 

"I believe you, too. I guess I really did slap you. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. Please forgive me and help me put this puzzle in place?" he asked. 

"Of course!" she said as she hugged him tightly. The two began to rethink that fateful day. "What do you remember?" she asked him.

"...mmm...it's really hazy for some reason...When the party started, remember we weren't with each other the whole time?" he asked.

"Yea...." she answered slowly. "What did you do? Did you drink a lot of alcohol?" 

"No, I only had one cup....Someone handed it to me saying it was a courtesy of Jiyeon. I didn't think much of it and so I drank it. After that....that's when the hazy part comes. I remember walking back to my apartment and waiting for you guys. Later, it got hot so I walked outside to the park. Oh yea, I also invited Yoongi into my apartment when he rang the doorbell. Then it got really hot so I went out for a stroll. I saw you later....." he said.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Still liking the story?? Hope you do! (: I try to read and respond to as much of the comments as I can, sorry if I've missed yours!! -itsthaiteaa<33