#37

My Neighbor

.....Jungkook. 

"Taeyeon," he called again. "Can we talk? Please? Don't be like that." She wanted to go inside, but she couldn't move. She was frozen in her spot; paralyzed. He climbed over to her balcony, about to take her hand and pull her into an embrace.

"Don't. Stop it please." she wispered almost inaudibly. She turned away from him. 

"Taeyeon, I'm sorry."

"Don't be, you did what you had to. I know you had a good reason," she said out loud. In her head, she thought I will never lose faith in you, Jungkook, although it's clear you've lost it in me. 

"Stop it, Taeyeon. I know you don't think that. You thought I've lost all trust in you, but you still believe in you. I know what you're thinking, okay? I know you too well." he stated, his voice low and comforting. 

"I...I don't know right now," she sighed silently. 

"Let's talk in the park. I'll help you get across the balcony so you don't wake up your friends."

"How do you know my friends were there?" Taeyeon asked, surpised. 

"I was about to reach my apartment when I heard your friends, so I stayed outside because they all hate as of the moment," he explained. "I waited until everyone was gone before going into mine."

"Oh...," was all she could muster out. 

"C'mon," he said, reaching for her wrist and helping her across into his balcony. She was almost across and she just had to put both feet on the railing and she was done. Before that could happen, though, she placed her foot on a pipe that turned out to be old and rusty as it fell crashing three stories down. Suddenly she found herself dangling from his 3rd story balcony. 

Just then, a firm hand reached down and hoisted her onto the balcony safely. She got up and brushed herself off. 

"Thanks," she said breathlessly to ......Min Yoongi?! Again?! she thought. Wait, how did he even get here? How absurd... 

"Are you alright?" he asked. She turned to Jungkook, searching for an explanation as to why Min Yoongi was here, but she saw no one.....Did she imagine this all? 

"Where's Jungkook?" she asked Yoongi. It might be just her imagination, but she could have sworn his eyes darkened at the name. 

"I was the one helping you, why are you looking for him? I was here the whole time..." he answered, dangerously calm.

"How did you get here anyways?" she fired back at the boy she thougth was just nice.

"Jungkook let me in of course, but he's not here now. He went to the market looking for something; I don't know what it is," he explained still too calm for her to trust. He went to the store this late at night? she wondered. By that time, Yoongi has already taken her wrist and pulled inside the apartment. As the two walked out into the park, Yoongi became more at ease and relaxed Taeyeon. The two hung out at the park for a while before Yoongi left for the bathrooms. 

She was waiting for him by the benches when three dark figures approached her from behind without her noticing. What she saw was Jiyeon walking towards her.

"Well, well, well......If it isn't Kim Taeyeon, the princess," she spat the word out like it was poison in . 

"Yes I am and what do you want, Jiyeon?" Taeyeon asked, annoyed and fustrated at Jiyeon. 

"Me? Nothing," she said, her words dripping with sarcastic innocence. "But maybe other people will..."  Has she gone crazy now that Jungkook believes her little act? Gosh this girl is conceited...Taeyeon thought a little worried about the hidden meaning behind Jiyeon's cryptic message. 

Just then, someone grabbed her from behind. She turned around and gasped at the three men who were staring dangerously at her. She stood up and backed away, but two more came from behind. Jiyeon was gone. As they started to close in on her, she could only stand still, remembering what had happened years ago but this time she chose to wisper, "Jungkookie help me.." Just then, one man swung at her and on instinct, she ducked and rolled away. She started to run. 

As Jungkook was walking home from the local market after getting a popsicle, he heard someone say his name. It was just a wisper, but he heard it loud and clear. His eyes widened at the thought of something that had happened so long ago...Not this time. I'm going to do it this time..he thought defiantly and he ran off to the direction of the voice calling to him. It was Taeyeon, and she was in trouble. He punched, kicked, and kneed at the people who had tried to hurt her. The one who was the most important in his life right now. His neighbor, his friend, his love. He caught her attention through the dark, those beautiful eyes. "Run, I can hold them off, " he said, hoping she'd run away. Suddenly another hand grabbed her and pulled her away. Lords, where do they keep coming from?! he thought, distressed at the thought of her being taken away.

She ran, but she couldn't hear any footsteps in her direction. Taeyeon turned around saw a sixth dark figure had appeared and seemed to take her side and fight off her attackers. The dark figure turned around and she saw his glassy, gloomy eyes that still shone under the dim light of the park. 

"Run, I can hold them off," he told her. Wow...Yoongi is such an amazing fighter....Why is he so nice to me this past day? she thought as she backed away from the fight. Suddenly, a hand was over and she was pulled into the bushes surrounding the area. She started to thrash and fight. 

"Hush, I'm not trying to hurt you," her captor said. She turned around to look into the eyes of Min Yoongi. Huh? Weird wasn't he fighting off my attackers for me after he came out of the restrooms? she thought in confusion. 

"Wh-why are you here? I thought you were over there fighting off my attackers.." she wispered to him. 

"I don't know who that is, but we have to go now," he wispered to her as he pulled her away with him. They ran for about four miles and both were grunting and panting. "I...I think that we've gone f-far enoughhhh," he panted through sweat. 

"Why did w-we have to run s-so far?" she asked. As the two got water from a nearby store, he began to explain to her. 

"They work for Jiyeon. She has powerful ties with people and for the people who don't finish their jobs, they disappeared knowing that if they stayed, they wouldn't be able to find jobs anyway. Almost everyone knows Jiyeon in the underground business and some people won't accept any job if they heard she was behind it because they're afraid. I don't know when she's gotten that reputation and how...I mean, she's in still in school, for God's sakes," he explained. I don't know who was the guy who fought for you, but you can be sure he's in big trouble now, whether he knows it or not. Suddenly someone ran up to them breathing heavily. She looked up to the dark, tired eyes of.....

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hehe isthaiteaa here!! haha i left you all at a cliffhanger o.o who is it? Why did i even bother? half of you already know ahaha the rest are probably too tired to notice cx el oh el see you soon!