#43

My Neighbor

They talked long into the night and Taeyeon believed herself to be rock, obviating Jungkook's life. As she sat in the car on the way to the doctor's office, she thought long and hard. She elicited her memories and recollections of mendacious Jiyeon and her horrible group. She decided that they were up to no good and the more she sees them flaunting around, the more she seems to dislike them. She knew they were part of Jungkook's friends, but she can't help but throw her suspicions on Jiyeon and Yoongi. They would seem like a perfect match, planning and plotting.......what she couldn't figure out was why. She yelled out suddenly in a paroxysm of fustration. She sat the rest of the way there in a saturnine mood. 

What's with her? Jungkook thought, he was the one getting tested, not her. He decided not to ask and sat still. 

Meanwhile, Krystal, the driver for the day, watched both of their expressions and realized that they were both very much still in love with each other. Looking out the window, the rest of her body turned towards him. He was exactly the same. 

The air in the car hung low and still. No one dared disturb the peace in the car. It was quiet for once. 

...

"Appointment for Jeon Jungkook....Jeon Jungkook...hmmm. I don't see one....Are you sure you called and scheduled one?" the young receptionist asked. Krystal noticed the name card on the receptionist's shirt. It read 'Soo Jung'.

"Yes I did, this morning right before seven. Can you please check again please?" Krystal replied.

"Yes yes okay. Hmm. Nope, I still don't see it. I only see a So-eun here...Can you recall the name of the staff who helped you?"

"Mmmm....Yea I think it was Rian? I remembered because she was super nice and her name was so foreign," Krystal said.

"Are you sure, miss? No one here works by that name...If you want to reschedule, the earliest is next week. Have your phone ready, I might call any moment during the week. Come in fast then, okay?" the receptionist said. She had stated the last bit quite quietly and the trio all noticed it. They solemnly nodded.

Krystal handed the receptionist a card, "Here's my number if anything opens up during the week, thank you so much for your help."

The three walked to the car and Krystal suddenly said, "Come."

"...Okay..." Taeyeon answered. She and Jungkook looked at each other for the first time that day and both shrugged their shoulders in confusion. They finally agreed on something and it wasn't by force this time- they were both so confused over Krystal's behavior today. When the receptionist said they couldn't get Jungkook tested today, they both thought she'd throw a fit at the spot. She usually would, with her spontaneous nature....they didn't know why she was so polite and stiff today.

The left in a taxi. 

"Okay is this really weird or what?" Jungkook whispered to Taeyeon who sat next to him. 

"Yeah, it is really weird....Why'd we have to leave our car there? She insisted on renting that car this morning, too." she whispered back, not wanting Krystal, who sat in the front seat, to hear. 

"Huh, weird." they said in unison. "Jinx. Jinx again." 

"Hey!" Jungkook laughed. "Stop stealing my lines!"

Taeyeon decided she wasn't as mad at Jungkook as before. 

The taxi dropped them off at a coffee shop nearby her house. 

"That'll be $27.50, miss....Alright okay, thank you! Hope you three have a good day!" the taxi driver said.

"Let's go get some breakfast and regroup," Krystal suggested."Eat as much as you want, I've got Dad's card here and we have a big day ahead of us." They ended up ordering about four servings of food, three cups of coffee, three cups of orange juice, and lots of dessert items.

"Ummm oops...Did anyone bring their wallet?" she suddenly asked after looking in her purse.

"I....uh I didn't, did you?" Taeyeon asked.

"Nope, I thought I was only getting checked, so I just brought five dollars just in case. Besides, I thought Krystal was the one in charge today. I thought she'd have enough."

"True, anyways, sorry guys. I don't have enough on me. All together, we only have $15.60....we need about twenty more dollars." Krystal said. 

The waitress came around a little while later, "Anything else? Everything okay?"

"Um, can we please speak to the manager?" Taeyeon asked.

The manager was not pleased. He made them work for two hours in the back since there were three of them. 

Once in the back, Krystal shook herself. 

"Ugh...finally. I can't feel it anymore." she said.

"Feel what? Why have you been acting so weird all day?" Jungkook asked ernestly.

"Okay...well do you want to hear the long or short version?"

"Definitely long, we're in here working for two hours....we got time."

"Okay here goes. This morning I had to rent a car because ever since Taeyeon unnie came to my house last night, I had a weird feeling. This feeling didn't go away until right now. This feeling was weird and odd and uncomfortable all together so I suggested renting a car so we could have our own space. I felt like a regular taxi could have been bugged. The reason why it was okay to take one back was because I know I was acting weird and both you and Taeyeon unnie were really confused and lost in your own thoughts to say anything. Plus, our seating arrangements in the taxi is great for me. With you two at the back, I was worry free because you guys aren't really on speaking terms and both of you were facing outside, so no one bothered to talk to me so any plans we made you guys didn't disclose to the driver. Still confusing, right?"

"Yea...really confusing." Jungkook answered. 

"Huh...okay let's take this step by step. That weird, odd feeling I felt was one of suspicion. I didn't know if I was being watched in some way but I did not feel right, so I wanted to get a new car for every place we went to just in case someone bugged it. At the doctors, it was really strange...I was sure the lady helping me said her name was 'Rian', yet no one works there with that name. Plus the receptionist, said to keep my phone alert but she said it so quietly as if someone was listening in on our conversation. We got a taxi here because again, the car could be bugged. Still, I made the seating arrangements like that because the driver could be working for who ever's tailing us. I made sure to order over our limit to get us back here. For sure there's no one because we chose to come here out of the blue; there would not have been enough time to bug this place. Now we can regroup and recharge. I know for sure there's someone following us, keeping track of our every move. We have to keep being on our toes for the time being until we figure out what to do next. That receptionist, Soo Jung, is on our side, but I have to meet up with her to find out what's going on. You two keep acting mad at each other. Okay?"

"Uh...okay...wow," Jungkook said in awe. "I had no idea you were so smart and observant."

"Yeah, me too," Taeyeon agreed. 

"Years of watching corrupt business men in the business world doesn't do you any bad," Krystal shrugged.

                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Anyeong!!! Sorry, I tried to clear up as much information as I could in this chapter because many of you said in the comments below that it was confusing. And, so....leave a comment because I love to read what you have to say- how to make the story better, what can be fixed, what I did a good job on...etc. I read each and every one of them. Thank you!!! Beep Bop Boop....out<3 itsthaiteaa.

___________________________ 

thank you itsthaiteaa for the amazing chapter i'm so sorry i didn't updATE THIS JESUS -  

sorry because the lacking of updates, i'm trying to settle everything down here sobs.