#47

My Neighbor

....As it turns out, public libraries did not help them in finding specific drugs because they found out heavy-heartedly that things as simple as nutmeg can cause hallucinations at high doses. That means Taeyeon could have been drugged at the restaurant or basically anywhere else. She could have been drugged even with Jungkook and Krystal present! This research was leading to nowhere. Krystal decided that she has had enough. 

"Welp....that was not particularly helpful....." Krystal remarked. She and Sooyeon Unnie had tried to find a specific one with Taeyeon Unnie's side effects, but that had led to a vast and wide list of drugs. Without knowing the cause, they would never be able to find an antidote or combatant. 

Jungkook and Taeyeon on the other hand, also had a great long list of drugs. They decided to head back to the hotel for a re- group- meeting. Most of their research had just led to even more questions. 

"I have an idea, let's call back the receptionist at the place where Jungkook oppa was supposed to go to get his treatment! I have her business card as well," Krystal said. 

So they called Soojung the receptionist who worked at the doctor's office. After five tries, they finally get to the answering machine who told them to wait for a receptionist. When the voice spoke up, a cold tone asked what they wanted. In surprise, Krystal was able to ask who was on the other side. She hung up after the voice said that it was none of their business what her name was. 

"That was weird....the voice is just that same as last time, but the tone is so different! I swear that was Rian from last time....(#43 for those who have questions)," Krystal said with confusion ribboned into her voice. "But if that was Rian the receptionist, then where is Soojung??"

"I thought there was no one that worked there with that name....isn't that was Soojung said?" Taeyeon asked, equally confused. "Should we try calling again?" 

"No I don't think so. Let's go there again today and see if Soojung is in or if someone else is," Jungkook said. 

Krystal looked at her watch. 

"It's 7:45 PM right now. Let's just have dinner and go tomorrow. I think I may have a plan. 

"Spill," Taeyeon said almost demandingly. She was even suprised at herself. 

"Okay unnie. We'll go tomorrow and have someone else go to see who it is. Of course, we'll give him all the details he needs as well as the plan," Krystal said, her eyes scruntched in thought. 

"First off, who is this 'he' you keep talking about? And what about Soojung? He won't know what she looks like nor does he know how this Rian looks like. We can't rely on the oral word to help us on this one," Taeyeon said. 

"Yeah, she's right," Jungkook supplied. "Plus, where would we even get this person?"

"Oppa. For a man who is the heir to a multi-billion corporation, you know so little about the power it comes with," Krystal exasperatedly said. 

"Ahhhhh....." Jungkook finally caught her drift. He finally caught on that they were going to use their dad's men. One of the vast many that serve their 'great' dad alongside his conquests in the economic jungle that is the business world. 

Taeyeon, on the other hand, was terrified more than ever. She knew he was not in her league, but she didn't know he was untouchable. Mutli-billion?!?! How can I ever hope to compete with Jiyeon like this??? She sighed out loud. Jungkook noticed, but thought it was because she was tired, so he urged for Krystal to hurry and explain so his TaeTae can have some food and well- deserved rest. Even though studies have shown that when a person goes through puberty, their self esteem plummets, her self esteem was lowest now. She felt like he was a star, no, a moon. He was a moon and she was the people of the earth before Sputnik. Unreachable. Not only that, he was the place where many myths and mysteries took place. He was a mystery and she was a rookie detective. She'll never have him. No, he was meant for something greater. 

"We're going to use one of the men that's supposed to protect me, unnie. His name is Son Tung, code name: M-TP (Try a google search!).  As for looks, I have Soojung covered. I can just do a little researching," Krystal winked. "As for Rian, I have audio playback on my phone where I can replay the phone call. He can just listen to see if that's her voice. Her voice is quite unique." 

Jungkook and Taeyeon can't help but agree with Krystal's last statement. 

"...Alright. This seems plausible. We'll start tomorrow. I'll phone someone right now," Krystal said. 

"But wait, Krystal, if he was to protect you, then where was he all this time when you've been running around with me and flirting with death?" Taeyeon said. 

"I can answer that, let her go call," Jungkook answered. "They also have 'vacations', and we just let them leave when we want some alone time, because this isn't technically in their contracts with us."

"Ahhhhh, I see," Taeyeon said. This made her much less worried about the mysterious man that would have to take on this mission for their sake. 

So they set out dinner and planned to meet with the gentleman named Son Tung in the morning at the front of their hotel. That night, they ate steak from the hotel which Krystal charged with her dad's credit card to make up for the restaurant incident. That night, they had a feast. 

When morning came.....

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone! It's been a while, hasn't it? I'm sorry. <3 Have a goodnight! (I'm pacific time-it's 9:51 PM right now....cx) 

-itsthaiteaa