Second Grade Pt. 2

The Life Trilogy: The Story of My Life

Turns out, it was just a small kitchen fire. Everybody was freaking out, especially the kindergarteners.

"Everybody! Calm down! There is nothing to be worried about," the principal yelled through the bullhorn. Then came a fire truck, after the firemen went in, they came out holding a boy.They brought him into the ambulance that came shortly after.

"Everybody! Resume to your schedules and head to your class!" Yelled the principal again in to the bullhorn. I stood there, fazed, because the boy looked familiar to me. Then Baekhyun patted me on the shoulder.

"Let's go! Room 8E, right?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Room 8D" I said sad that Baekhyun wasn't in my class. I walked and went the way that Luhan had directed me. I walked in and sat down.

"Umm, excuse you loser! This is my personal seat and you aren't mwah! Now get off!" A rich, snobby girl yelled.

"Oh, sorry. I already have my germs, my sick germs on it and I recalled that you don't want my nasty, loser germs that can get you to be evolving into a loser, too," I said, annoying her. She then screamed.

"Ahh! Why do you have to ruin everything?" She yelled and then moved to another seat, followed by her entourage.

"Good morning class! I'm your teacher, Ms. Choi and this is my husband, Mr. Choi!" Said our teacher, Ms.Choi. Just then, the 8E teacher, Mr.Han, asked for his class to go in in the classroom.

"Sure! Our students should make new friends!" She said. That snobby scoffed, like yeah, right.

"Baekhyun!" I yelled, when he entered. The snobby's eyes widened when she saw how a cute person like Baekhyun was friends with a loser like me.

"Hi! Oppa, would like to hang out with me, instead of this loser?" The snobby said, smiling. Yuck!

"I'm Pil-Suk by the way!" Now my eyes widened.

"What! The Pil-Suk that was fat and had round glasses and brought me to the principal's office? The one with huge round-" 

"Okay! Yes, I'm her, but prettier and has Baekhyun!" She said grabbing Baekhyun. I pulled his other arm. We yanked until he yelled.

"Sorry. But you seem like a-" Baekhyun started.

"A lovely, beautiful, better than loser over here?" She asked, but it was more like a statement.

Not quite," Baekhyun said shaking his head," more like a horrible, tempered, worse than Minah person ." She looked dumbfounded and had gaping, a whole beehive could've fit in .

"Well, you don't deserve someone like mwah, yeah that's right I speak French," she said arrogantly.

"Okay! Then you can leave if I don't deserve you," he said. She then stomped off. Me and Baekhyun laughed and high fived each other. The phone rang and the teacher picked it up.

"Minah? You're going home," my teacher said a bit worried. I shrugged it off as I packed and said goodbye to Baekhyun,

"Anneonyeong! See you tomorrow! Please don't leave me with Pil Suk!" He yelled unhappily. I waved goodbye and headed to the lobby. When I got down, my mother looked worried and concerned.

"Mom where's Jungkook, isn't he coming with us?"I asked her.

"I want to talk to you about him. Let's go in the car," She told me, now I was getting worried.

"...Ok.." I replied, not knowing what to say. I followed her to our car, then once I was inside, I looked at her direction. Tears were threatening to come out at any moment. She started to talk, but she wasn't looking at me, she was just looking foward.

"Minah....Jungkook is...at the..." She paused then looked away so I couldn't see her face, but I could hear her soft sobbing.

"Omma why are crying? Is Jungkook ok??" I asked. I was very worried now.

"He's at the...hospital Minah," she finally said.

"What??!!" And then I remembered. That familiar boy that the ambulance took....could that be...no it can't!

"The fire today at your school Minah....he was in the cafeteria at the time the fire went off."

So it was him! I could feel the tears building up in my eyes and then coming out.

"Omma we have go to the hospital!" I said in a loud voice. Then my mom turned to me and her eyes were starting to get red and puffy.

"Before we go I think you should know something.."She told me.

"Yes? What is it?!"I asked.

"....He's not doing so good...the doctors said that he has too much smoke in his lungs and he is not waking up."She said quietly.

I felt so scared. Was he dead? Is that why he wasn't waking up?

"Do you know anything else?" I asked, her trying to get more information out of her.

"No, Minah that's all I heard before coming to pick you up."

"Ok omma, can we go to see him now?" I asked. I couldn't just sit in this car I wanted to go with him and be by his side. I was just so scared. 

"Yes," she answered me before turning on the car and starting to drive.

The drive to the hospital seemed so long. There was traffic and it seemed as if in every light stop the red light always stopped us. When we finally got to the parking lot  of the hospital, I quickly took my seatbelt off and walked rapidly towards the entrance of the hospital. With my mom behind me, we entered the elevator to get to the second floor. The elevator door opened and my mom and I got in and pushed the button to the 2nd floor. Then the memories of JungKook and I fighting to see who would push the elevators button came. It was fun seeing who get in first just to push an elevator button. Then the ring of the elevator brought me back to reality and the doors opened.

"Minah slow down...his room is to the left, number 71." 

I turned to the left walking at a slow pace then started reading the numbers on the doors.

"Oh, I forgot Minah we can't go in yet, we can only see him through the room's window."

When my mom told me this, I felt angry, but I didn't want to take it out because she was going through the same pain as me.

"Are you Jungkook's mom?" A doctor asked my mom.

"Yes that is me, how is my son?" She asked, so eager to know how he was doing.

"Im sorry to tell you this but.."

"BUT WHAT?!! DID HE DIE??" I asked almost yelling my head off.

"No no your brother? He is alive."

I let out a sigh. Thank goodness he is ok.

"But he is in a coma," the doctor said. 

"A coma!" Me and my mom said at the same time.

"Yes I'm sorry..he was in the cafeteria too long before anyone took him out. I promise the coma is only temporary though. But we are not sure how fast he is going to recover from it...it might even take up to a year."

"A YEAR?!!" I yelled again.

"Yes but I have hopes that it will take less time, we are really trying our best so he will recover fast."

"Ok thank you doctors please do help him a lot," my mom said. Then the doctor left.

A year...what if it DID take a year?

________________________________________________________________