Sixth Grade

The Life Trilogy: The Story of My Life

People say that, when you're in love, the world changes. Things get better and get even more colorful. But those people were lying. They don't know a thing about love. Because, they don't know the end of it.

-UnKnown


Summer. My favorite time of year because of the late nighttime curfew, stay up all night, no homework, no teachers to yell at you. The time where I see Baekhyun everyday. I would yearn for summer to be longer, now, I wish it would end faster.

Autumn. Usually I like autumn for the beautiful, colorful leaves. I would always rake up fallen leaves and jump into it and have my whole clothing and hair full of scattered leaves. Time where it wasn't too hot, or too cold. Just right. Now, it seems like black, white, and grey to me. I would have to see Baekhyun again, see his face that I longed every night to see him again. But not anymore. 

Winter. The time where couples would sip in a one cup, two straw hit cocoa, cuddling to keep warmth. The time where beautiful lights would lighten the dark skies that keep the snow coming. They say that the first snow is where you would start. That time, I would hold Baekhyun close to me, that time, me and JungKook made up. Those happy memories are now merely in the back of my head, a head full of grief.

Spring. The time where to very flower blooms. Time where the grass is green and the snow melts. Where it is chilly. Where we can wear pretty dresses and do whatever we want. It was also the time when Baekhyun broke my heart. The time when Pil Suk came back. It's stuck in my mind ever since.


"Okay guys, time to get to school," mom said. Me and JungKook were in the same school again because when I was in fifth grade, the sixth grade moved over to the high school / intermediate school. Now, our uniforms are green. The color of puke. The color of the grass when Baekhyun dumped me. I sighed as I strapped my backpack.

"Okay, let's take a few pictures first," she said, taking her phone. I whined.

"Why, look at my hair, it's ugly and my face is full of pimples," I said, disgusted by the word pimples. But my mother, as usual, didn't listen to me. We then went to our car after the bomb of camera flashes.

"Minah, will you be okay?" JungKook whispered in my ear, so that my mom can't hear. I put in a fake smile and answered him.

"Yeah, I'm fine, it was as easy as ripping a sticky band aid, hurts for a few seconds, tears come out, but it'll heal and be back to normal," I answered him. He turned away to the window.

"How come you don't have a girlfriend?" I asked him. He turned towards me.

"You don't know that. I might have a girlfriend," he said. My mother then joined in the conversation. 

"Oh, he doesn't," mom told me. I looked at her with a questioned look.

"What? I look through his diary. His diary with pink hearts and diamonds; girly things," she said laughing. I laughed so hard.

"Why'd you tell her that?" He whined.

"Ohh, so you really do have a pink diary with pink stuff," I said. He stuttered.

"N-no, it's uhh, uhh, uhh, J-jin's," he covered up.

"You know, we both know that you stutter when you lie and rub your nose," I told him.

"I-it's just cold out," he said.

"Really, it's like 87 degrees in here," I told him. This continued on until mom stopped the car. We got out and waved her goodbye. In the corner of my eye, I saw a horrific sight. Baekhyun and Pil Suk, holding hands and walking together.

"L-let's get inside," JungKook said, guiding me inside. A lump was forming in my throat. H-her! That snob! Okay, so he dumped me for her?

"What's your first class Minah?" JungKook asked me. I looked at the schedule that they just handed me. English / Beginning.

"I'm gonna be learning English, beginning like hello, goodbye, the colors, or weather," I told him.

"Lucky! I want to learn a language like English, not French! Why should we learn French if French people will never come to Korea!" He pouted. I giggled.

"Aww! You just jelly that I got cooler electives than you! And Fabien Yoon is French, what if you ever met him?" I teased.

"Whatever, bye!" He said as he kissed my forehead. I walked in and regretted that I looked up. Baekhyun and Pil Suk, sitting together, looking at each other. He turned towards me and I looked away, but I saw Pil Suk smirking at me. I found a seat next to Tiffany and Luhan. They had been there for me all summer, comforting me instead of walks on beaches or riding Ferris wheels, except that Luhan had a fear of heights.

"Hey guys," I said flatly. 

"Oh, hey Minah! Nice to see you again and need help with your pimples?" She asked, whispering 'pimples'. I nodded.

"Okay, Hannie, we need to powder our noses," Tiffany said, taking her make-up bag. I followed her into the bathroom and she took out her mascara and applied some to me. She then put on concealer to hide to pimples and added in blush and eyeshadow. 

In the end, I looked like this:

 

 

"Wow, Tiffany! I look amazing!" I exclaimed and she smiled in gratitude. I hugged so hard that she was turning purple.

"Oops, sorry," I apologized when she was gasping for air.

"No, it's okay," she said. We walked back into the classroom and every boy was looking at me, even Baekhyun. Pil Sul had to hit him to bring him back to her.

"Wow, Tiffany, you made her, look, beautiful, she'll get Baekhyun back in a few seconds," Luhan said.

"No! I don't want Baekhyun, he broke up with me, so he doesn't deserve me!" I yelled and blushed red in embarrassment when everyone was looking at me. Baekhyun was looking at me with sad eyes. 


Chorus Class POV

The whole had been a bust. The worst thing: Baekhyun was in every one of my classes. Some even had Pil Suk and Baekhyun and I had to sit behind them, so I had to watch them cuddling and butterfly kissing. I think my puke would cover up the Bahamas.

"Okay class, I want you to sing a cover of an English song. We will show it tomorrow, but don't worry I will a print the song lyrics of you song so you can know them, but you can't keep you head in you paper the whole song," Our chorus teacher told us. Many had groaned because they don't want to be in chorus or that they couldn't sing, but I was happy, I knew the perfect song to sing.

"Minah! Be quiet! I need some sleep!" JungKook yelled when I was practicing at night.

"Ugh! Fine! Goodnight guys," I said and went to sleep.


"That was amazing Baekhyun!" The chorus teacher said. JungKook was up next than me. He sang this:

 

 

The class cheered when it was over. I was impressed by his English skills, judging by the fact that he calls English, Enggrish. Finally it was my turn. My hands started to get cold and pale. I saw Baekhyun paying attention to me and I started singing this:

 

 

They also cheered when I finished. I was happy and Baekhyun looked away from me, guilty. The song was about lovers loving each other. But he/she broke their promises and the person dating he/she will keep chasing the other person. It was for Baekhyun telling him that, even though he broke his promises, I will always love.

Always love him.

Never ending.

Like a figure 8, it will never end.