Seventh Grade Pt.3

The Life Trilogy: The Story of My Life

Black. The color of death. The color of evil. The color people wear to mourn their loved ones. 

"Minah, you speak," my mom said, calling me up to the podium. 

"Chen. He was a talented person," I started. Many people began crying.

"And, even thought I knew him for a few months, I feel that he is still with us, like he never left," I said, my tears began to fall.

"They say that, once you lose something, you get something back in return. We all lost Chen, but, we took out all his problems. So, in a way, we helped Chen. We took him from his worries, we made him happier, he would want to thank us in Heaven. Don't feel bad, you'll only make him guilty," I said. Everybody was crying. I had tears coming out of my eyes too.

"Thank you Minah, and thank you for coming, and thank you for your condolences," Dad said.


"Minah, what do you want to do?" Baekhyun asked me. It was a few weeks after the funeral.

"I don't know," I said, shrugging.

"Want to go to the arcade?" He asked me.

"Sure," I said. We went inside the shop.

"What do you want to play?" He asked. I found a dancing machine and pointed to it.

"Really? You know that I don't dance well," he whined. I chuckled.

"That's why I want to play it," I laughed. He stomped his feet.

"Yes! I win!" I exclaimed. The whole time, he was whining.

"Let's go play my game," he said. 

"Fine! But I get a head start," I said. We went to the race car driving game. By the time we reached there, there were two boys already playing. JungKook and his friend.

"Oh hey Minah," Suga said, immersed in the game. It's seemed like that they were neck and neck. Then I ticked my 'beloved' brother. He lost control and Suga won.

"Yeah!!!!!!" Suga exclaimed.

"Yah! You cheated!" JungKook yelled.

"How? It wasn't my idea that Minah would tickle you. So, it's a fair win," he explained.

"Whatever, are you lovers going to play?" He asked.

"Yes, now, who's cheering for me?" I asked. Suga raised his hand.

"Okay, then. JungKook and Baekhyun vs. me and Suga," I said. After an 'intense' game, which was mostly Suga and JungKook strangling each other to get one of us distracted, I won.

"Yeah!!!! I won! Double win!" I exclaimed.

"Now pay up," I said. They groaned. We then went to the ice cream shop and the two boys bought us ice cream.

"So, do you really like Baekhyun?" Suga suddenly asked when the boys waited in line. 

Do I love him? Like before? Before Pil Suk came into view?

"Y-yeah," I said hesitantly. He narrowed his eyes at me, looking to see if I was lying. Which I was.

"You're lying," he said, after searching my eyes.

"T-that's not t-true," I stuttered. 

"Do you like him or not? Don't lie," he said. 

"Sometimes I love him, sometimes I don't," I blurted out.

"Well, at least you love him. A little but," he muttered the last part. Then the boys came back to our table, bringing the ice cream.

 The whole time I was talking, I was thinking.

Thinking if I love Baekhyun or not.

Do I love him?

Or not?