Seventh Grade Pt. 8

The Life Trilogy: The Story of My Life

Another one. Another one of those packages for JungKook. I wish I could go talk to her. To tell her to back off, since she let him go. All alone in that orphanage as a baby. The packages first came when I was in first grade. I knew that if I ever showed JungKook the packages, he would've ran away to find his birth mother and I wouldn't let him do that. So, I hid the packages under my bed in the secret compartment in the mattress. 

"What are you doing?" JungKook asked when I was hiding one of the packages. I panicked and hid it behind my back.

"Nothing. What are you doing?" I asked him. Reverse psychology might be the best solution.

"I was just telling you that there is a visitor in the living room. Mom says that we have to meet her," he explained. Who could it be? I quickly hid the package in my desk and went downstairs with JungKook. The first thing I saw was her. The lady that ran over Baekhyun. Wait... I think I know why she's here.

"Kids, meet Mrs. Jeon. She's your mother JungKook," mom explained. My guess was correct. The lady I hate is my brother's mother? The person more surprised than me was JungKook.

"Hello. I'm your mother. It's very nice to see you all grown up," Mrs. Jeon said. I guess JungKook was still in the state of shock.

"Umm, hi. I'm his sister," I introduced myself to her. But, she didn't pay attention to me, instead, she turned back to her son. Still, the latter was in shock.

"Haven't you gotten my packages?" She asked JungKook. It seemed like he had to take all his strength to just shake his head.

"Huh, I knew I sent it here. Where else would it be?" Mrs. Jeon questioned. JungKook seemed to process something in his mind.

 "Minah, what were you hiding when I went in your room a few minutes ago?" He asked. I guess he found out. All I have to do is come clean.

"Fine. I confessed that every time Mrs. Jeon sends a package, I always hide it in my room," I confessed. JungKook looked hurt. I couldn't help but feel guilty.

"Why would you do that?" He asked quietly.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't live without you, you are always happy and it's just like you charge me everyday. I just can't let you go yet," I said.

 "But, why? Didn't you want me to find my real mother? I dreamed of this day, and the only thing that was holding it all back, away from me, was you all along," he said. He had a hurt look on his face.

"I'm so sorry! What if I was the adopted one? Wouldn't you want to hold me back and keep me?" I questioned. "And weren't your parents the ones who would abuse you?" He seemed to thought it out for a moment.

"Yeah, you're right. You guys are the people who would beat me and leave me out in the cold or rainy night," he said quietly.

"JungKook, they were another couple that had adopted you. You've been adopted many times before you had found this loving family you have now. If you don't want to come back, we understand," she said. She then turned to leave.

"Wait!" JungKook said, raising one hand up to his mother. He looked at me with apologetic eyes.

"I'm coming with you."