Seventh Grade

The Life Trilogy: The Story of My Life

Ahh. America. Los Angeles. Finally starting new. I videocall Luhan and Tiffany everyday. They would always give me updates on Baekhyun.

"Hey Minah!" Luhan exclaimed through the computer. I waved to the couple.

"Hey! How are you doing?!" I exclaimed, mirroring their gestures.

"Good. Look what Luhan bought for our anniversary," Tiffany said, showing me a glad bracelet filled with pale green gems. Her birth gems.

"It's beautiful. You sure are one lucky gal," I said.

"Also, I met this person, Chen, in school. And he's-" I said, before my mom interrupted me.

"Sorry, I'll tell you when I could," I said, and ran downstairs.

"Minah, even though we've been staying in America for a few months, the agency called and wanted me back in Korea," she said. Wait, back to Seoul? To Baekhyun? To LuFany? To... Pil Suk? What about Chen?

"What about Chen?" I asked.

"He's coming along with us, and he's going to the same school as you," she told me. JungKook walked in.

"Junggie, pack your bags, we're going back to Seoul," I told him.

"Finally, it's not fair that you learned English and I didn't," he said, while going up the stairs.

<>

"Flight 782 from Los Angeles, California to Seoul. South Korea, now boarding," a flight attendant said over the speakers. We got up and went to the entrance. They checked our tickets and let us pass.

The plane ride was not at all boring. We had all-around-the-world delights and free tv, so I could kick back and watch new Korean dramas. 

The plane landed shortly after about 12-13 hours. I stretched and got up. I got out of the plane to breathe the Seoul air once again. Hello Seoul, I'm back. 

"Let's go Minah," Chen said. 

I'm back. I'm back. Please tell me that this is a dream. I'm back to Seoul. I'll get to see Luhan and Tiffany again. See my old friend, Byun Baekhyun again. Even after a few months, I know that Los Angeles is nothing like Seoul. But, what will Baekhyun think of Chen? Should I tell him? Or just make him jealous?

The next day, I had to go to school. I mean, shouldn't we get some sleep first? And, I have to wear the ugly uniforms AGAIN!


 

I was suddenly nervous to be back at the school. I mean, I've changed. A lot. And I going to see Baekhyun again.

"What's your first class Minah?" Chen asked.

"Gym," I replied.

"Can you show me where my classroom is?" He asked. I nodded.

"Ah, Ms. Do, she's nice and fun. Come on, it's this way," I said. When we reached the classroom, I saw Baekhyun inside. I halted. Chen looked at me qeustioningly.

"Come on," he said, leading me inside. Baekhyun looked at me like he was looking at a ghost.

"Well, bye, if you need any help, ask any teacher," I said. Before I left, he gave me a long hug. I could feel Baekhyun glaring at Chen.

"Bye," he said.

The whole day, I had Baekhyun in about three of my classes. He always look at me when I enter, and when I'm with Chen, he gives him a hateful look.

Baekhyun... Are you jealous?