Third Grade

The Life Trilogy: The Story of My Life

It has been a year since JungKook was in a coma. Every time I passed his room, I would only imagine our fun times, then a picture of his body plugged in with wires whenever we visited him. My mother's knock brought me back to reality.

"Minah, it's time to go," my mother said softly, still hurting that JungKook hasn't awakened.

"Ohh, okay," I said grimly, having to face his friends, and telling them the news of their friend's state. I followed her into the car and buckled my seatbelt.

"So, third grade! How exciting, how a year passed so fast," mother said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah," I lied. It felt like forever without JungKook being with me, I couldn't have lived six months not talking to JungKook.

"Okay, here we are, now have a fun day!" She said happily. Not. I walked in and ignored JungKook's friends' stares.

"H-hi Baekhyun," I stuttered. He turned and gave me a hug. I told him about the coma when I came the next day of second grade and updated him and even let him come along to the hospital.

"H-how is h-he? I-is he o-okay?" Baekhyun said, searching my eyes for good news. Instead he found some red eyes.

"He's still in the coma?" I nodded and tears fell. He embraced me in a warm hug. He did it the whole summer and sang me sweet song whenever I cried about my only brother.

"Shh shh, it's okay, it is temporary,that means he will live," he said comforting and wiping away my tears.

"Aww, look at the little baby crying for her mommy," Pil-Suk said snickering. Her entourage followed along.

"Go away," Baekhyun said shooing her away. 

"Why should you be with that loser crying for her mommy, while I'm here, a pretty, grown up girl?" she exaggerated.

"Well, I have a nice, funny girl while you are a mean, ugly girl," he said and she just scoffed and left. JungKook's friends then came toward us.

"Hey Minah, do you know where JungKook is?" Asked Jin.

"Well, you see, remember the fire last year?" I asked. They nodded.

"Remember the boy that was taken to the hospital?" They nodded.

"That was JungKook," I said. They were frozen in place to register what I just said.

"W-what!?! Are you kidding? Please tell you're kidding! Please!" Cried Suga. I shook my head. They cried even more, that created a scene and everybody was whispering.

"Did he die?" Asked Jimin. I shook my head and sighs of relief went out of their mouths.

"But, he's in a coma," I added.

"How long?" Asked Jin. 

"Well, it has been a year already," I said. Again, they were frozen.

"Can we visit him?" They asked hopefully. I nodded and they sighed reliefs again.

"We can visit him after school if you don't have any plans," I said. They nodded and left. I was glad that tears didn't fall off my eyes.


"Guys, you can come with us now," I said, talking to JungKook's friends. They followed me and Baekhyun into mom's car. While driving to the hospital, it was dead silent as I hugged Baekhyun. We stopped and pushed each other to get out the car.

"Guys! Room 71! To the left!" I yelled as we stormed into the hospital, surprising a few people, a few even scream, but that didn't matter.

"Guys, it's over here," I said pointing while they passed it without looking at it. When we went in, they gasped.

"JungKookie," the oldest, Jin, said shocked. I walked over and they did the same. I held his hand.

"Please come back, we need our golden maknae back," J-Hope joked, but no one laughed. It was as quiet as a graveyard.

"Please, we were supposed to be together forever, and you promised," Taehyung said. My tears were threatening to fall.

"We're supposed to be the BulletProof Boy Scouts, you're not bulletproof now, please be that nothing-can-hurt-anymore guy," Rap Mon said, trying to hold his tears.

"Guys, I think we should leave Minah and JungKook some alone time," Jin said and they all left, taking one last look at his pale friend, lying there.

"Junggie, I need you, now I know how it felt when I wasn't talking to you," I started.

"I'm sorry, wasn't thinking and only remembered the one thing you did and forgot the best memories you and I had, I was stupid, like I always am, you've always cared for me and I need you," I said sobbing. That was when I felt his hand twitching.

"Junggie?" That couldn't be, it might have been my own hand. 


                                                                 JungKook POV

I felt like I was under water. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't reach the surface. All I heard was 'I love you's' or 'I miss you's'. I heard Minah talk to me, apologizing for being stupid and for the fight. I twitched my hand, feeling it again. Then, I tried to open my eyes.

"Junggie! You're awake!" Yelled Minah. I hugged her back, shocked.

"H-how did you wake up?" Asked a confused Minah. Cute.

"Well, I wanted to not feel guilty anymore and want my sister to apologize for one little thing," I said. 

"Okay. Guilty as charge," Minah said raising a hand. We all then laughed.

"Why is there laughing in the ro- OMO!" Yelled a surprised Taehyung. The rest did the same and mom was crying happy tears, and dad just patted my back and said finally.

"Yah! Be quiet! People could be sleeping in the next room, guys also call, the doctors," I said, shushing them.

"You can go home in a week, but now you have to rest and eat," the doctor said. We all sighed.

"A week? But we want him home now!" Minah said. Then we all nodded.

"Well, he'll have to stay a few days and we need to check his vitals," he said.

"Okay, but can he go back to school and have P.E.?" Mom asked. The doctor shook his head.

"He is still weak from the accident and need more liquids and food and plenty of rest in the hospital," the doctor said.

"Fine," we all said monotonously.


Minah POV

I was so happy that JungKook was back and I was happy to hit him again to hit him with my shoes.

"Someone save me! No! Mom!" JungKook ran around as I chased him with my shoes, when he came back two weeks ago.

"Yah! Give me back my doll!" I yelled as he held it up teasingly. I caught up and hit him. Hard.

"Okay! I'm sorry!" He yelled and I smirked.

"Guys, let's go," mom said, grabbing the keys. Same old, Same old.

"Okay, first let me change out and wear a new uniform," he said, running up the stairs. I was glad that everything was back to normal.